PDA

View Full Version : Must remember... Cat Limit...

Lacey
11-09-2004, 07:47 PM
I am at my cat limit... I am at my cat limit...

Anyone want to head out this way and trap a little tuxie kitten sighted out by the dumpsters? Saw it for the first time tonight. It looks smaller than Mowg when I first caught him. I just don't have the time or funds to sit out and try to catch it and put it through the works at the vet.

I mean, it's dark when I get in from work, and this is not the nicest of neighborhoods... Though there's always weekends... And payday is coming up....

Oh crud. I've halfway talked myself into trying to catch it...

Cat limit... Cat limit... Cat limit...

wolflady
11-09-2004, 07:49 PM
Awwww....what's one more kitty??....;) LOL LOL ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-09-2004, 08:35 PM
No saying that you have to keep it. ;) I say Mowg needs a little tuxie friend to play with....but unfortunately I do understand limits.

jazzcat
11-09-2004, 09:39 PM
I do understand limits, especially if your space is small but I can honestly say that I didn't notice much difference going from 1 to 2 cats or from 2 cats to 3, except for more fighting.:rolleyes:

Now going from three to five like we just did is quite noticable, but nice.;)

QueenScoopalot
11-09-2004, 09:41 PM
Three's a very nice number! A tuxedo would round out the color scheme very nicely too I might add. ;) :D :)

sirrahbed
11-09-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Lacey
Oh crud. I've halfway talked myself into trying to catch it...

Lacey:D girlfriend, you have come to the wrong place to hear about cat limits!!

a lil tuxie huh?;)

Craftlady
11-09-2004, 09:47 PM
Three is a great number :)

Laura's Babies
11-09-2004, 09:54 PM
Oooooooo A tuxie? :D

QueenScoopalot
11-09-2004, 09:58 PM
Zelda.........Mowgli.......Tuxie

See the interesting correlation between the "cat limit", and the cats? :confused: :confused: :confused:

catfamily
11-10-2004, 12:37 AM
I have 10 here and it really isn't bad.Are you the only one taking care of your cats?I mean..are you unattached and work all day?Then maybe 5 or 7 might be all.:D ;) :eek: :confused:
Just kidding.You know what's best for you.Everyone's sittuation is different.Maybe you could catch it then ask for our help?I'm sure every little bit helps.And maybe someone here will take the kitty.

Lacey
11-10-2004, 05:34 AM
Something tells me that I'm going to be getting out the yarn and turning the cat carrier into a trap again this weekend. Though what I would love to do is find the mom cat and haul her butt to the vet for a spaying. However, the only other cat I've seen around acts wild, but has a collar, and I've never seen it with pregnant belly (nor do I even know if it's male or female).

Jazzcat - So the differences between going from two to three isn't all that noticeable, huh? Except for the vet bills, I bet. I keep having horrible flashbacks to Mowg's first vet bill for the works - sedation, physical, vaccinations, poop test, dewormer, bits removal, and flea treatment. :eek:

QSA - I notice the correlation between my cat limit chant now that you've pointed out. Even my subconscious is working against me on this one! :rolleyes:

I just know that if I catch this little goober, it'll take longer to socialize because I won't be able to sit with it nearly 24/7 like I did with Mowg now that I'm out from about 7 in the morning to about 6 to 6:20 in the evening (depending on traffic). Curse that long drive to work!

Though somehow I get the feeling that Zelda will either be relieved that Mowg would have a little play buddy, or they would double-team her for play time... Ack! Subconscious telling me to catch and keep it again!

...I give up...

BigCharles
11-10-2004, 08:34 AM
In Kansas City, MO we are limited to four animals of four feet each. Can have four cats, dogs, whatever, plus a bird and fish.

They are pushing dog and cat licenses as a way of making people spay and neuter.

catmandu
11-10-2004, 08:37 AM
Our limit,here is 2,which I ahve gone over,by a bit.And even if you dont keep,tha Little Tuxie,it will bother you,if you dont get her off the street,and to a shelter.

Lacey
11-10-2004, 08:48 AM
I've got a friend in Texas, and she says that the city has a flat out 4 four-legged pet limit there too. And she freely admits that's a good thing because otherwise she'd have more dogs than you could shake a stick at.

In the meantime, I've already set to work thinking up names. Which means that if it's caught, it's a keeper. :rolleyes:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-10-2004, 09:26 AM
In the meantime, I've already set to work thinking up names. Which means that if it's caught, it's a keeper.

Forget the :rolleyes: and add :D :D :D

But like I say, you don't have to keep it. I think getting him/her off the streets is the important part. Then once she/he is safe inside you can try and find a good home.....or just give up and accept that you're now a 3 cat family. :D

kuhio98
11-10-2004, 11:47 AM
Though somehow I get the feeling that Zelda will either be relieved that Mowg would have a little play buddy, or they would double-team her for play time... Ack! Subconscious telling me to catch and keep it again!

...I give up...

That's the way it worked for us. Halo and Cammie fought every day. Once Pepper entered the picture, Halo became her best playing buddy. Cammie is much happier that these two youguns keep each other busy so she can catch her required 22.5 hours of sleep a day. :D

Jods
11-10-2004, 12:35 PM
Good luck catching it. If you do decide to keep it maybe someone you know could help you during the day to socialize it like kitty sitting lol... Good luck!

prechrswife
11-10-2004, 05:18 PM
I can't say much. We were at our cat limit, too, until Samson found us and decided to move in.;)

catcrazylady
11-10-2004, 06:16 PM
LOL!!! I'm sorry Lacey because I don't mean to laugh at you but I so remember that chant! I repeated that so many times when I had only three. NO MORE, NO MORE, along came Leroy, NO MORE, NO MORE, along came Peanut Butter, Stubby, Lucky, NO MORE, NO MORE, along came Maggie Sue, anyway you get the idea!;) :D I'm at an even dozen now and I refuse to ever say those words again. It only leads to trouble and lots more fur!!!:D :D :D

All joking aside I hope you can rescue that kitty. I'm sure Mowg Man would be a wonderful big brother.:D
Keep us posted!!

Lacey
11-10-2004, 06:40 PM
Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if Mowg really is this little goober's big brother. I couldn't say for sure seeing as how I've never seen Mowg's momma or this kitten's momma.

Anyway I've got names picked out for the kitten if I can get it caught. Whimsy if it's a girl and Whiskey Jack if it's a boy. :D

catnapper
11-10-2004, 06:46 PM
LOL... not too long ago my limit was two cats. I doubled mine over night.

Good luck - I hpe you do decide to cath him. It will be good for Mowgli to have a playmate his age and energy level. Miss Zelda will thank you.

rg_girlca
11-10-2004, 10:07 PM
Good luck in trying to get this little one.

I think most of us have all been in the same boat in regards to saying, "Okay, that's it, no more cats.":)

I rescued Poppy in hopes of finding him a home, but in my heart, I knew that wasn't going to happen, as he was already in his new home.:D

Lacey
11-11-2004, 05:59 PM
Oy! Either there's more than one kitten out there, or the tuxie that I didn't get a good look at because it was kind of far away is a calico that I did get a good look at tonight. I almost thought I was going to be able to grab her tonight because she about let me get right up on her before running off.

QueenScoopalot
11-11-2004, 06:12 PM
No doubt, you're contending with a litter just old enough to be pushed away. Hope you can get ahold of a trap, and trap them soon. Mom sounds like she's benefit from a bit of snippin' in the nether regions as well. ;) I agree with T&Ps mom..getting them safely off the streets is most important right now. ;)

Lacey
11-11-2004, 06:21 PM
I'd love to catch dear old mom cat and get her snip-snipped, but I've never even seen her. All I know is that she's obviously around. Shame I can't just leave out a trap while I'm at work, but in this neighborhood, someone would probably up and walk away with it. Hence the "sit out with the cat carrier that has a string tied to the door" approach that I used with Mowg (and am still amazed that it actually worked). This is an odd little neighborhood - just woodsy enough to not really be the "streets" but a little too developed to be the woods, with the dumpsters set up right next to a bit of woods where I'm betting mom cat lives and where the kittens run to.

But I almost thought I'd be able to grab the little calico. I was heading out to throw some stuff away and she was just crouched in front of the dumpster. I was able to get right up on her for as long as she thought I hadn't seen her. But once she realized she was spotted, off she ran.