PDA

View Full Version : Our baby's heartbeat :)

Sirrahsim
11-09-2004, 07:28 PM
We had our first appointment today and I couldn't have asked fro things to go more smoothly. Everything looks and feels exactly as it should at this point and the baby's heartbeat sounds fast and strong:D :D :D They did an ultrasound to verify the dates that I gave them and they gave me a picture without me even asking them to! My hubby took the picture with him to work today, but as soon as we buy a scanner and he gives it up we'll get it scanned in! It's amazing how distinct the baby's features are. I expected to see a blob with arms, but it looks just like a miniature person! Without further ado, I give you the sound clip. I don't know hwo to seperate video from audio, so it's a blurry video of the dopplar machine, but the sound is pretty clear:D :D

Here are some pictures of me in my overalls that my Mom has been asking for :) Photobucket is being poopy right now, so you'll just have to turn your head sideways
:D :p
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/sirrahsim/appt001.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/sirrahsim/appt002.jpg

Jods
11-09-2004, 07:32 PM
My gosh this is amazing your living in Japan and we can hear your baby... This is great. You must ne so proud... I bet your Mom and Dad will flip when they see this! :D

sammy101
11-09-2004, 07:35 PM
wow thats amazing!i bet you guys are very excited;) dont mind me asking,but how long are you in your pregnancy so far?

Jods
11-09-2004, 07:38 PM
LOL I'm guessing 12 weeks 5 days LOL she has a tracking thingy on her sig...:p :D :D

sammy101
11-09-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Jods
LOL I'm guessing 12 weeks 5 days LOL she has a tracking thingy on her sig...:p :D :D

:o i didnt see that,thanks Jods!

Sirrahsim
I am 12 weeks and 5 days:D The ultrasound measured the baby at 12 weeks and 2 days, but at this point that doesn't mean anything. All babies grow at a slightly different rate:)

ComedyDevil
That's adorable! :) And amazing, you must be so happy to be able to hear and see your baby before it's even born! I can't wait to see the picture :D

manda_moo87
That's SO neat! :D

Sirrahsim
11-09-2004, 08:36 PM
bumpity *bump*

kimlovescats
11-09-2004, 09:39 PM
Oh Missy, you look so adorable, honey! I am so thrilled that your pregnancy is going well, and baby's heartbeat is nice and strong! Can't wait for all the new events coming your way!

(HUGS)
Kim:)

sirrahbed
11-09-2004, 09:59 PM
W:DW! That was soooo exciting!!! Dad and I listened over and over!!:D Isn't that amazing??? Oh and just so folks don't get a crook in their eyes, here are the 12 week overall pictures again:D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/Family/12WEEKS.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/Family/12WEEKS2.jpg
So EXCITING!!!!! Thanks for posting Missy!! This is a thrill to hear this all the way in Ohio from just today in Japan!!!:D :D You look beautiful too Missy!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-09-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
This is a thrill to hear this all the way in Ohio from just today in Japan!!!:D :D

Isn't it though?! Technology sure can be a wonderful thing sometimes. :D

Sirrahsim
11-09-2004, 10:24 PM
thanks everyone:) I'm so exicted that I'm beside msyelf!
Hubby and I agree that this makes the whole pregnancy "thing" seem so much more real:D Now we have a picture and a sound clip of the reason for my upset tummy, expanding waist, growing "girls, etc:):):):):)

trayi52
11-09-2004, 11:00 PM
Missy, you look very beautiful! It is so exciting to get to hear the babies heartbeat, Due in May, won't be long and you will be holding that new life in your arms!

I loved hearing your babies heartbeat, sounded like music to my ears! New life, yes it is so very exciting, I know Debbie and Dennis is very happy and very proud. LOL, I don't blame them one little bit either, they have every right to be. BABIES! I love them!! Oh, yeah, I bet mommy and daddy are also very happy too!!

Willie

gini
11-09-2004, 11:43 PM
I can hear a miracle right over my computer speakers!!

Corinna
11-10-2004, 12:47 AM
Congratulations !

sirrahbed
11-10-2004, 08:55 AM
Well good morning! I had to listen to my grandbaby again!:D Actually I figured out how to save it to my hard drive. I am still just amazed that you were able to record, encode and post this!!! Now, to see the ultrasound. W:DW
That heart beat sounds so clear and strong. OH! BTW I timed it for six seconds and multiplied by ten and get between 150 and 160 - not very clinical but a nice hearty beat!! Try and see what you get. :D :D

I hope I am not boring anyone to tears but this is what I learned from a website I am signed into and read each week. It is called "Verybestbaby" and describes all the development each week:
Week 13
It's still fairly early in your pregnancy, but Baby is already capable of quite a lot! If you poke your stomach gently with your finger, she may begin to turn her head toward you; some experts think this may be the beginning of the rooting reflex (looking for a nipple). By now she can put a thumb in her mouth, although her sucking muscles aren't completely developed yet. And female infants have already accumulated about two million eggs in their ovaries, although this number will naturally drop to one million at birth.

Your baby's head growth has slowed down; this week, her head makes up about half her body length. By week 21, her head will be about a third the size of her body, and by birth it will only be about a fourth. The fetus, which is now about three inches long and a little more than an ounce in weight, would now fit into your cupped hands.

Here's what else you can expect this week:

• Tiny ribs will be developing.

• Vocal cords will begin forming.

• Baby's eyelids will fuse together to protect her delicate eyes.

• Tissues and organs will continue to mature.

• Bone marrow, liver and spleen will be able to produce blood cells now.

• Fingerprints are beginning to form.

Your Development

Welcome to the second trimester, when most women begin to feel much more comfortable than they did in their earlier stages of pregnancy. The side effects of early pregnancy (frequent urination, fatigue, nausea, dizziness) lessen during the second trimester. Your uterus is still small enough so that you can easily go about your daily activities.

At 13 weeks, the uterus starts growing upward into the abdomen, and you may feel some abdominal achiness as the ligaments supporting the uterus stretch. Up until now you may not have gained much weight, but as your baby starts growing rapidly, you’ll see your weight increase respectively.

Even though birth is still months away, your breasts may already have started to make colostrum, the nutrient-rich fluid that will feed Baby for the first few days after birth. As the breasts enlarge, you may notice veins appearing under the skin and the areola enlarging and turning brown. Experts think this darker color around the nipple may be a visual cue for the breastfeeding baby.

You may also start to see the first signs of stretch marks on your abdomen, breasts, hips, or buttocks. (Since stretch marks are partly genetic, you may be able to predict ahead of time whether you'll experience them or not.) By applying moisturizing creams, you can make your skin more elastic and can help reduce the itchiness that accompanies the development of stretch marks. Creams may also help reduce the severity of the marks, although it's difficult to prevent them from occurring entirely. The good news is that the marks will be less noticeable after pregnancy, when they'll probably fade to a more normal skin color.

guster girl
11-10-2004, 11:17 AM
The pics and heartbeat are awesome and that bit of information about the development of the baby at thirteen weeks is really cool, too! Wow, fingerprints! :)

Tina
11-10-2004, 11:31 AM
That is so wonderful! It is such a wonderful sound isn't it?:)

chrangharris
11-10-2004, 11:46 AM
How exciting! Thanks for sharing! Mom gave me the update since you never write!

ramanth
11-10-2004, 12:23 PM
Neat!! Glad all is well. :D

Tonya
11-10-2004, 01:01 PM
How exciting! You look beautiful. You already have that glow about you.

By the way Missy, remember your thread about overalls and I said I'd never wear them again? Well, my Old Navy overalls are just about the only thing I fit in now. :o I guess I'll have to eat my words on that one!

My Peanuts
11-10-2004, 02:03 PM
Wow, that is really amazing! Congrats & keep us updated on all the developments :)

Kater
11-10-2004, 02:28 PM
My speakers are broken so I can't listen to your little miracle's heartbeat at the moment, but I wanted to say that I really enjoyed the pictures! You are definitely 'glowing' with the blessing of impending motherhood! :D
And as I said before....LOVE YOU IN PINK! :p :D (dark pink? red? whatever!)

Sirrahsim
11-10-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
By the way Missy, remember your thread about overalls and I said I'd never wear them again? Well, my Old Navy overalls are just about the only thing I fit in now. :o I guess I'll have to eat my words on that one!

Hehehehehe there is no escaping the magical comfort of OVERALLS!!:D :D I wear mine all the time, they really are quite comfy since there is nothing squeezing right at the waist:)

Thanks for all of your nice comments:) I am so pleased to be able to share this with everyone here:D When I got home from my appointment I was nearly bouncing off of the walls with excitement and it is so much fun to "brag" about my little one:)