PDA

View Full Version : Please give Bear her prayers:(

sammy101
11-09-2004, 07:26 PM
Well,she peed on the couch again:( but this time,she tried going again on the carpet,and almost nothing came out,then she went back and forth to her litter and almost nothing came out.We are afraid that she's has an infection.She seemed very uncomfortable,always getting up and trying to go pee:( She's going to the vet tomorrow so please pray its nothing to serious,something that can be treated at her age:(

jazzzytina
11-09-2004, 07:41 PM
Bear is in our prayers for a speedy recovery! I'll keep my fingers & toes crossed that it's treatable and quickly healable. Hugs and scritches to Bear! :)

GET WELL SOON BEAR! GET WELL SOON BEAR!

wolflady
11-09-2004, 08:06 PM
It sure sounds like she has a UTI. Prayers on the way for dear Bear. Hopefully the vet can treat it easily. Has she been prone to UTIs before? What sort of food does she eat? I'm sure the vet will go over these things with you tomorrow, so let us know what happens!
**hugs**

kt_luvs_kitties
11-09-2004, 08:13 PM
Sounds like a UTI. Older cats tend to get them more frequently than kittens or younger cats. Try not to worry, Good luck at the vets, and I will be praying for Bear and you. *HUGS* Katie

sammy101
11-09-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by wolflady
It sure sounds like she has a UTI. Prayers on the way for dear Bear. Hopefully the vet can treat it easily. Has she been prone to UTIs before? What sort of food does she eat? I'm sure the vet will go over these things with you tomorrow, so let us know what happens!
**hugs**

She eats IAM's canned food,and for dry She eats Nutro Senior Indoor formula.

I dont think she's have had a UTI before?:confused: ill have to ask my mom to see if she remembers.

thanks for all your prayers:)

Logan
11-09-2004, 09:27 PM
I hope Bear's problems will be solved soon. She must be so uncomfortable. We will certainly include her in our prayers.

Logan

jazzcat
11-09-2004, 09:29 PM
Poor Bear. Prayers on the way.

QueenScoopalot
11-09-2004, 09:30 PM
Hope your Bear feels better after a few days of antibiotics. It sounds to me like a UTI as well. :( Poor girl...give her some scritches, and indulge us with some pictures when you can please. ;)

sammy101
11-09-2004, 09:34 PM
My camera has to be charged,so ill get some new ones as soon as possible;) She's been sound asleep for the past 2 1/2 hours,and i just checked on her.
My mom is taking her 10am tomorrow,so ill update as soon as i get home from school

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-09-2004, 09:34 PM
Make sure she gets plenty of water until you can get her to the vet - even if you have to force it down her throat. I don't know if you've ever had a UTI yourself, but drinking lots of water does ease the discomfort somewhat. Also, make sure that she does pee a "good" pee now and then because if she is blocked altogether, that can be fatal within 24 hours.

T & P never had a UTI in their lives until about a year ago. Then Tubby got one and about 6 months later Peanut got one. I don't remember how old Bear is, but they are just like old people in that their immune systems get weaker as they get older, so it's harder for them to fight these types of infections off.

I don't know how to tell if she is totally blocked, but keep a real good eye on her.

Good luck Bear. Hang in there and you'll be better as soon as they get those meds into you! :)

sammy101
11-09-2004, 09:37 PM
She's 19.She had a good pee about 3 hours ago.and she hasnt gone since,well she's sleeping so i dont want to disturb her.but im keeping an eye on her until i got to bed.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-09-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by sammy101
She's 19.She had a good pee about 3 hours ago.and she hasnt gone since,well she's sleeping so i dont want to disturb her.but im keeping an eye on her until i got to bed.
That's good news. Glad to hear you're looking out for her.

Tubby was 17 when he had his first and Peanut was 15, so she's doing good if she made it to 19....in more ways than one! Obviously you're a very good kitty meowmy....and....not really sure, but she's older than you, isn't she? ;)

sammy101
11-09-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Obviously you're a very good kitty meowmy....and....not really sure, but she's older than you, isn't she? ;)

thankyou,i love my cat very much:) Yes shes 5 years older than me!:eek: And she's one year older than my brother:eek: lol,and shes' out-lived two doggies.And she's been the only cat since she was 5 or 6?I dont really remember.My RB cat George lived till about 23?around there,but she got cancer:( I dont remember George b.c i was only a baby.

kimlovescats
11-09-2004, 09:53 PM
Sending prayers for your Bear ..... hopefully the vet can give her some medicine to clear up the infection.

Hugs,
Kim

catmandu
11-10-2004, 09:01 AM
Sadly,at Bears age,she might be losing control,over her bl;adder,or she is just not fast enough,to get from the couch,to the litter box.And as they are no Cat Depends,you might have to move the Litter Box,closer,to the couch.Thats what I did,when I was living,with Smokey,23,and Orange Blossom,20.

sammy101
11-10-2004, 03:19 PM
She's still at the vets,but the vet think she has a UTI.He said that its treatable.He's still trying to get more pee out of her so he can do further testing.Hopefully thats all it is!Her kidneys arent failing yet,so thats a good thing:)

catcrazylady
11-10-2004, 05:04 PM
I'm sorry she's sick but I'm glad that she is at the vets and getting treated now. Hopefully she will be well and her old self again soon.
Big {{{HUGS}}} to Bear!!

sammy101
11-10-2004, 06:14 PM
Well,she's home!:) She's taking anitbiotics twice daily.The vet sent her "samples" to the Lab,and we should know for sure what it is by tomorrow or Friday.

She is sure happy to be home;)

captain
11-10-2004, 06:42 PM
Sorry to reply to late, but I am glad the news was good at the vet.

catnapper
11-10-2004, 06:50 PM
Glad to hear she just might only have an UTI. She'll be good as new right quick with some meds.

rg_girlca
11-10-2004, 10:11 PM
I'm glad to hear Bear is back home and pray that the antibiotics work fast, and she starts to feel better soon.