PDA

View Full Version : Shutterbug

Jods
11-09-2004, 05:31 PM
SHUTTERBUG~~~~

How is Sahara did she get to the vet yesterday???
:confused: I worry ya know :rolleyes:
let me know!! :(

shutterbug0303
11-09-2004, 07:04 PM
We took her yesterday...not such good news...:( Here is the link to the thread I posted earlier...

Sahara Update (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63546)

Thanks for asking :)

Jods
11-09-2004, 07:15 PM
Oh my gosh I'm really sorry. I'm glad you found a proper vet and maybe you should call the other one and give him a piece of your mind. I know that wouldn't help, but remember it's not your fault you tried your best to do everything you could for her. You didn't know. Your not a vet. I hope everything works out and it's not the latter iof the 2 suggestions on what might be the problem. Is she still in pain or are the meds working to kill the pain? I'm really very sorry. Give her a hug for me... Is the mange contagious? Keep giving that sweet baby lotsa love she's been through a lot in her short life and please don't blame yourself your doing the best you can. :( Keep me updated
Jodie

shutterbug0303
11-09-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Jods
Is she still in pain or are the meds working to kill the pain? I'm really very sorry. Give her a hug for me... Is the mange contagious?

As far as the pain goes, it seems to be subsiding. She is walking a little better on her bad paw. It is still twice the size of her others and very red, but the oozing is clearing up a bit. The feet soaking medication is really helping a lot. I think that is the only pain she is in. Because the mange isn't itchy, she is not uncomfortable except for when it swells and is infected like her foot. When she was a baby, it was all over her whole body, but not so severe. Now it seems to be centralized in places like her face, feet, armpits, and rear...but it is much worse. I told the new vet that I was shocked that just a month earlier we had 2 clear scrapes with no mange! How fast it came back!!! From the look I got, that seemed to be the biggest concern. Fortunately, this type of mange is not contagious, so our other girls are safe! This mange seems to give you two options....it can be cured the first time and there are no future problems - or it can be recurring and in the end, deadly.

Just keep those fingers crossed!

Jods
11-09-2004, 07:34 PM
You got it!! Fingers, toes, paws, legs, arms all I got! I promise.