PDA

View Full Version : Update on my son...

Tonya
11-09-2004, 04:45 PM
We just got back from the doctor right now. I suppose in a odd way, this is good news.

We were talking about how my son has been sick for months and how nothing is helping it. She believes that it is probably not his allergies, that he has a from of Pneumonia called Mycoplasma. His symptoms are more consistant with that then allergies. So, tomorrow, we're going for a chest x-ray and some blood tests. He's been on antibiotics, but I guess with the Mycoplasma, you have to be more aggressive.

Although I'd rather my son be well altogether, I guess it's good to know that it may just be something that antibiotics can take care of instead of something permanent like allergies.

kimlovescats
11-09-2004, 06:10 PM
I know you are feeling relieved, Tonya, just to hopefully finally know what is making your little boy so sick. I pray that they do definitely find the cause and are able to treat it and restore his good health!

(((HUGS)))
Kim

catfamily
11-09-2004, 06:35 PM
can you get back both cats:confused:

Tonya
11-09-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by catfamily
can you get back both cats:confused:

I never gave them away. I couldn't find them homes (nor did I really want to).

AmberLee
11-09-2004, 09:48 PM
Fingers and paws crossed, and prayers being said that Jaden is feeling terrific again, soon!

Laura's Babies
11-09-2004, 09:51 PM
Hay! HOpe that this is treatable and everything will be fine!!

catfamily
11-10-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Tonya
I never gave them away. I couldn't find them homes (nor did I really want to).
I'm happy that you still have your cats that you love so much.But I'm still very worried about your son.We hope he gets 100 % of his health back real soon.That of course is #1.Prayers still coming from here to there.:)

BCBlondie
11-10-2004, 01:48 AM
I'm glad that at least maybe it's not the cats that are causing your son to be sick! I know how much you love your kitties..

I really hope your son gets better soon!!

catmandu
11-10-2004, 08:47 AM
We are glad,that it is not the Cats,and we do hope,and pray,that the Doctors,can help your son.

Tonya
11-10-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by catmandu
We are glad,that it is not the Cats,and we do hope,and pray,that the Doctors,can help your son.

This still doesn't take the fact away that he is allergic to cats or that he has asthma, so I can't get my hopes to high. But hopefully it isn't the cats that are making him so sick.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-10-2004, 10:39 AM
How old is your son, Tonya?

Tonya
11-10-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
How old is your son, Tonya?

He is 7.

Miss Meow
11-10-2004, 03:58 PM
I'm glad your doctor found an additional reason for Jaden's health problems. Hopefully the treatment will help him get a bit better and strengthen his immune system. Maybe that'll give him enough fighting power to relieve his allergies as well - here's hoping :)

DogLover9501
11-10-2004, 04:04 PM
I hope that it is something that can be cleared up with antibiotics and that you won't have to rehome Ron and Raven!

I hope Jaden feels better soon!

catcrazylady
11-10-2004, 05:02 PM
This is good and bad news! At least this gives Jaden a chance to be treated and maybe feel lots better. Here's prayers coming your way that Jaden gets lots better soon!:)

catnapper
11-10-2004, 06:24 PM
Poor guy. I hope he gets healthy soon, and that the antibiotic takes effect soon.

Tonya
11-11-2004, 10:09 AM
It'll be a few days until we find out. Jaden was such a drama king when he went in for the blood work. :rolleyes: Here he gets two shots a week for his allergies with a smile on his face, and you would have thought the lady drawing his blood was killing him. I was pretty irritated about it, but I maintained my patience. It took a while to get it drawn, they wound up having to get someone else to hold him down. And then, once the needle was in, he started laughing. He was all "Oh! Mommy was right! It hurts less then my allergy shots."

AmberLee
11-11-2004, 03:43 PM
{{{Tonya}}} :rolleyes: Although I vaguely recalling doing something similar to my mom ages ago re a blood test, too. :o

lynnestankard
11-11-2004, 05:10 PM
Tonya - keeping all fingers and paws crossed here for Jaden - I do hope there's a really good result.

Lynne

mina'smomma
11-12-2004, 12:12 PM
Hey Tonya,

I'm glad to hear that its not your son's allergies that are making him sick. If it makes you feel better I had the same thing your son is going through and with the right doctor he will be fine, and it sounds like you have an excellent doctor. They put me in an oxygen tent because by the time they caught mine it had thrashed both lungs and made it very difficult for me to breath, but it sounds like your doctor has caught it before it progressed that bad. I still have to use an inhaler sometimes during the winter, but not too much. If you have any questions about it please feel free to e-mail me. I would be glad to help if I can. I'll keep your son in my prayers for a rapid recovery. I'm also glad that there is a possiblity for you to keep your babies.

BIG HUGS FOR YOU AND YOURS.:D

Tonya
11-12-2004, 01:29 PM
Thank you, everyone. I just called the office and not all of his blood test results are in. We're still waiting on some of the blood tests and the chest xray. The only test that they had results on said that his hemoglobins were higher then normal. I don't know what that means for him though. I requested a call back from the doctor. He's missed soccer for almost a month, I'd like to know if he can make it to his game tomorrow or not. He only has two games left. I feel bad that he hasn't been going.

catfamily
11-12-2004, 02:07 PM
Keep us posted.We really are worried and curious to know what it is that is bothering the poor kid.It must be so hard on him.

Tonya
11-12-2004, 03:19 PM
I talked to the doctor. He doesn't have a viral infection or anything of that sort. It is his asthma and allergies. :(