PDA

View Full Version : Three of our cats were missing last night (found, thank goodness)

Miss Meow
11-09-2004, 02:54 PM
We got home from work and only Tabasco was inside.

The cat netting somehow had a tear - it's really abrasive, tough material - the dogs are inside during the day and cats' claws aren't capable of tearing it so I don't know what on earth happened. Luckily Jasmine heard us and came from her hidey hole. She was OK but really freaked out and covered in cobwebs and gunk.

Shane found Pickles who was in the same condition, but luckily both weren't bleeding or anything.

We couldn't find Mini. It was warm in the afternoon and the paddock behind our house has waist-high grass so we had to wait for any snakes to leave. We knocked on doors, checked people's yards, the freaking animal aid wouldn't answer and doesn't have an answering machine, traipsed up and down that paddock for hours and just couldn't find him. A neighbour said he saw a cat eyeing off his chickens (that raised a small smile) at about 2pm so it had to be Mini. At least we had some hope that was in the area.

We had some dinner and waited for all the neighbourhood noises to die down and had another hunt in the dark. Finally I heard a little 'mow' amongst the junk in next door's shed. Yay! Shane removed some fence pailings so we could get him out. Then he got spooked and slashed my neck and took off again. :mad: Luckily he saw reason and came back.

I swear to god I was hugging him and crying while thinking of wringing his little meezer neck - the devil!

catlover4ever
11-09-2004, 02:57 PM
Thank goodness everything turned out OK.

kimlovescats
11-09-2004, 03:14 PM
What a terrible scare, I am so glad that everyone is back home safe and sound.

Kim

AmberLee
11-09-2004, 03:59 PM
OMG! So glad everyone is home safe and sound now.

You put neosporin, or something similar, on that scratch, right?

{{{hugs}}}

catnapper
11-09-2004, 04:09 PM
Thank goodness all ended well. Poor little guys - were probably scared out of their minds to be out in the open like that. Wonder if they'll ever want that taste of freedom again?

Miss Meow
11-09-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
What a terrible scare, I am so glad that everyone is back home safe and sound.

Kim

Kim, I'm just catching up and have read about Tucker. I'm so, so sorry :(

AmberLee, nooooo, just some make-up over the tracks this morning :o

Edwina's Secretary
11-09-2004, 04:29 PM
Oh I know that feeling....helpless...frustrated....angry...reliev ed...

uuuuhhhhmmmm...I do need to know...

we had to wait for any snakes to leave
where do they go??????

Tonya
11-09-2004, 04:47 PM
How scary! I am glad that were all found. :D

gini
11-09-2004, 05:16 PM
Good grief, Nicole............I have been there..........done that too..........and I know exactly the feeling.............you are so so happy that they are back home and safe...........but you want to strangle the little buggers for causing you so much grief.

Tell me, did he have any "chicken feathers" around his mouth?;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-09-2004, 09:01 PM
:eek: :eek:
Oh my! I'm so glad you found all 3, what a horrible thing to come home to. Thank goodness they are all ok and you found all of them - whew!

Kater
11-10-2004, 02:33 AM
Yikes! :eek: How SCARY!
I'm so glad it turned out well! Little boogers! :p

Barbara
11-10-2004, 04:12 AM
Oh no! What a shock. And something must have scared them. Do you think someone slashed the netting?

The netting around our balcony is so stable the cats could never get out on their own.

I am so relieved that they all are back in safety and I can understand your feelings towards Mini all too well:)

Killearn Kitties
11-10-2004, 04:17 AM
:eek: Naughty Meezers. I'm so glad you found them all safe and sound. I wonder what happened to the netting. Maybe the cats all left because a snake came in??! I know I would!

cloverfdx
11-10-2004, 09:07 AM
Oh no that must have been so scary. I am glad to hear everyone is home safe and sound now. Yumi was missing in action tonight (Outside) and i could not find her, i could also hear Cats fighting near by :eek:, she is back home again aswell now. Nawtee kitties ;).

Vio&Juni
11-10-2004, 11:34 AM
Ooooooh! Scary!

Naughty meezers, behave!

That is probably their protest to you not posting enough pictures of them - hint, hint :)

Vermontcat
11-10-2004, 11:50 AM
I'm so happy that all of your meezer babies are safely back at home now.:)
I agree with Vio, you need to post some new photos of them for us.;)

rosethecopycat
11-10-2004, 11:54 AM
Glad they are safe.

This adventure should go in your website.

Corralling Meezers.

Free Range Meezers.

:eek:

shais_mom
11-10-2004, 12:34 PM
I am so happy you found them!
WHAT A SCARE!
Kloe gave me a bit of a start yesterday - not NEAR that bad tho.... I couldn't find her for over and hour and I knew there was no where in my house she could be...... I even checked outside for her - it finally dawned on me that I had moved some clothes to the other closet and BINGO there she was sound asleep waiting for someone to let her out.

Cataholic
11-10-2004, 02:33 PM
Meezers.....:rolleyes:

Miss Meow
11-10-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Barbara
Oh no! What a shock. And something must have scared them. Do you think someone slashed the netting?

I thought about that, but after scouring all the perimeters for hours, it would be really, really hard for an intruder-type person to get in. The threads weren't worn like they'd been chewed by the dogs, either. I'm writing to the company to question their 10-year guarantee.

Sara, I don't know where snakes go at night, but I have been thinking about it! It was a warm afternoon and there were sure to be snakes sunning themselves in the grass. We were taught as kids to still go outside and play on those sorts of days, but make a lot of noise as we walked to scare the snakes away. I'm surprised I made it through childhood sometimes :eek:

They were all home and inside when I got home last night, thank goodness :)

catcrazylady
11-10-2004, 04:51 PM
WOW!! What a very scary ordeal! I'm so glad this had a happy ending.:)

captain
11-10-2004, 06:54 PM
Nicole,

I would have driven over to you in a minute with my snake scaring dogs ............ :D

Glad everycat was safe and sound .....

Edwina's Secretary
11-10-2004, 10:16 PM
but make a lot of noise as we walked to scare the snakes away.

okey dokey! There is a sign in the park in our new neighborhood that says..."Beware of rattlesnakes" or something to that effect...I've not gone up there to read it closely.

Exactly what KIND of snakes are we talking about?????

I'll take my bird sized spiders I think.....