PDA

View Full Version : 9 days..

Glacier
11-09-2004, 02:00 PM
9 lousy days, that's how long we managed to go without a trip to the vet clinic! This time it's Franklin. At least it's not major this time. When I got home last night, Franklin was hiding in a dog house--most unusual for any of my dogs. They never use their houses! So brought him inside; he was acting all freaked out, but Franklin is a fragile boy and just about anything can freak him out! Check him over inside, no obvious wounds, no visible blood. Finally get him to lay down, lift his back right leg and hmm, lookatthat...an inch long tear in his underside, hidden under the leg.

It didn't seem bad enough to warrant an emergency trip to the vet, but I did drop him off this morning. He needs a few stitches. My vet is hoping to do them under mild sedation and not a full general. Franklin, like many huskies, takes a very long time to wake up from general anasthetics.

Not sure what happened, but I suspect that Pacer and Heyoka had something to do with it. Pacer has a small cut on his ear--I only noticed it because Pacer is solid white and even a drop of blood stands out. He'll be fine. Franklin wouldnt' go past Heyoka this morning to get into the truck. Not sure it was a fight, the wound on Franky isn't a puncture, looks more like a tear. I suspect a wrestling match got out of hand.

I was really mad at them last night for picking on Franklin. He's a timid little dude and an easy target for the others sometimes. I made Pacer sleep outside. You'd have thought I was killing him based upon the amount of noise he made. I separated everyone this morning. No one is loose in the big yard--everyone is back on their tie-outs or in their regular pens. It's not been a good week--I got bit a couple nights ago, then they beat up my little guy. They can all stay in their pens for a time-out!

lovingisliving76
11-09-2004, 02:10 PM
Awww poor Franklin! Kisses for his boo boo! Hope he gets to feeling better soon. Sounds like you've had a very rough week. Hopefully all will settle down in time for the weekend! Good luck!;)

lute
11-09-2004, 02:16 PM
poor franklin:( wow! a whole 9 days!lol

LorraineO
11-09-2004, 02:18 PM
oh,, poor guy..... he needs a bodyguard!!! hope he feels better soon!!

shutterbug0303
11-09-2004, 02:45 PM
Heal up soon Franklin!!! :D We're rootin' for ya, boy!!! Don't be afraid of the other pups, kid-o! Feel better soon buddy!

tatsxxx11
11-09-2004, 06:27 PM
Hugs to you Franklin!!! Oh, sweeheart, I hope you're all healed very soon:) Stiches:( Be good kids now. Your Mama needs a break;)