PDA

View Full Version : Why are men so dumb sometimes?

Samantha Puppy
11-09-2004, 01:35 PM
For some reason, if Kirin and Sushi are "loose" (meaning having run of the house) they prefer to drink water from Samantha's bowl as opposed to their own. Don't know why. So because I've been treating their ailments (Kirin's URI, Sushi's conjunctivitis) by putting terramycin in their water, I want them to drink only THAT water so they'll get the antibiotic.

This morning, I asked my husband to clean out the litter box and put it in the spare bathroom. I moved their crunchies and water up there as well and left, thinking that he didn't need any further instruction to put the cats in there and close the door as well.

I came home early (not feeling well) and was greeted by Samantha, as usual... and Sushi... and Kirin. My husband MOVED the litter box but didn't shut the boys in the spare room! Since their food was left unprotected, Samantha ate it all so the poor kitties have been starving all day AND not drinking their treated water!

And he wonders why I feel I have to give him 4 instructions to do 1 simple thing! What a weiner. So now, instead of having had them only having access to their own water from 9am-2pm, I'm going to have to put them up there NOW for a few hours, and miss having them around. :(

*sigh*

Men.

:)

carole
11-09-2004, 01:43 PM
Sweetie if you want a job done properly, my motto is do it yourself, especially where our lovely men are concerned.;) :) :D

Samantha Puppy
11-09-2004, 01:45 PM
Carole, I completely agree... except I was feeling some effects of a few beverages I had last night and didn't feel like doing much of anything this morning... If you catch my drift. ;)

K & L
11-09-2004, 02:02 PM
Boy can I relate to this story! We TNR the park cats and seclude them out on our patio until we can release them. The other morning after a successful trapping session he released them. I came home to their food and water dishes still setting on the patio, and the trap cover wadded up and laying there, along with the trap. Now keep in mind you're suppose to bleach all this stuff before you use again, including trap, so you don't expose anything to any other cats. We have several ferals that come in our backyard to feed and drink and now I don't know if they were exposed to this stuff. Sometimes I could just scream!

lovingisliving76
11-09-2004, 02:04 PM
AMEN to that Samantha! They dont want to be treated like a kid but refuse to act like an adult!! haha

Queen of Poop
11-09-2004, 02:06 PM
Husbands try hard (sometimes) but they just are incapable of doing the job we wives do. Next time don't assume he will get it cause he won't. It's like talking to your children, explain, explain, explain and check up on the results later.

Prairie Purrs
11-09-2004, 02:10 PM
An ex-boyfriend explained it to me: If you do a lousy job, you won't be asked to do it again. :rolleyes:

lovingisliving76
11-09-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by CatsinDenver
An ex-boyfriend explained it to me: If you do a lousy job, you won't be asked to do it again. :rolleyes:

My husbands excuse for everything use to be "I don't know how to do it." He'd use that one to get out of doing laundry, cooking something simple etc. My response to that was "If you can work on a tank for a living I know you're not to ignorant to figure out how to follow the directions on the back of a box of macaroni and cheese or a pizza. :D I also bought a DIY car manual and try and fix on my own car when it messes up! hehe I like to show him how smart I can be just to show him how silly he sounds sometimes about little stuff. Plus I enjoy messing under a hood. BTW if he doesn't do something right I also leave him more stuff to do until it's done right. I'll go on complete strike sometimes until he gets the point! :D

Laura's Babies
11-09-2004, 02:26 PM
Don't EVEN get me started..... Now you know why I am single and will remaine that way!

(MY sisters husband can't even figure out how to tie a garbage bags if it don' t have those yellow tie strings.. Says 'HOW DO YOU TIE THE STUIPD THING????")

catnapper
11-09-2004, 02:35 PM
Boy do I know what you mean! When I went away for a few days, I had left explicit instructions to feed and water the fosters, and to scoop the box. Well, I called from the hotel night #1, and was ASSURED the cats were all fed and watered.... then twenty minutes later I got a franctic phone call saying they couldn't find the food. Now, I wonder... how can they have been fed if hubby can't find the food? I told him several times that the kittens needed to be fed several times a day. Poor babies got fed at 7:00 in the morning and not again til nearly 10:00 at night. They must have been starving! I won't even go into the state of the litterboxes when I got home. They swore they scooped twice a day... just swishing the clumps around doesn't count as scooping! :D

I agree.... MEN!

(oh, I'm sure RICHARD will love this man-bashing thread! :p )

Laura's Babies
11-09-2004, 02:43 PM
I hope Richard don't get offended too... Maybe he can shed some light on the topic, from a mans point of view.

catnapper... I BET yours actually thought THAT was scooping!

RICHARD
11-09-2004, 02:51 PM
ME? Offended????

I haven't tried to give birth, so I'll keep my mouth shut.;)

------------------------------

Separate the colors from the whites.
Vinegar and newspapers clean glass.
Peanut butter gets gum out of hair.
Wipe front to back.

:p

I'm domesticated.

Denyce
11-09-2004, 02:52 PM
They just don't get the details.

RICHARD
11-09-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Denyce
They just don't get the details.

Woman- Oh, Honey feed the cats before you leave!

Husband- I will sweetie- I love you to the ends of the planet, Have a Great day!

W- That's MY man......

Later.

Husband- Geez, I've folded the laundry, washed and waxed the car and cooked dinner, it's time to feed the cats..........let's see...
Whiskers wet food, Meow Mix, Purina One, Friskies.......

I'll just pour a little Friskies for the kids......change the water and rake thru the litter box..........

Much later.....

Woman -I'm home!!!

Man- Here let me give the woman of my life a huge kiss...mmmmmm.......

Woman - Well I see you cleaned up the house and shampooed the rug today.....

H- Anything for you!

W- Did you feed the cats?

H- Yeah, I poured them some Friskies..

W- WHY DID YOU DO THAT??????

Are you stupid??? THEY ONLY GET FRISKIES ON SUNDAY AFTERNOON..

H- But, you didn't.....

W- YOU NEVER FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS......

H-But.......

W-HUH.....

(Woman throws up hands and storms out of room....)

DJFyrewolf36
11-09-2004, 03:16 PM
LOL Richard :D

I was amazed at my hubby today. I came home for lunch and went to go scoop the box (it was overdue...:p) and the hubby said.....

"I'll get it honey"

and he did it too! He even is cooking dinner (should be done when I get home he says) and is cleaning the house!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Im not sure if I should be reallly glad or frightened! Hehe, I do love my man though, even when he acts like a dork :D

BigCharles
11-09-2004, 03:28 PM
Yup. If you want it done right, spell it out and write it down.

RICHARD
11-09-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36

Im not sure if I should be reallly glad or frightened! Hehe, I do love my man though, even when he acts like a dork :D

Check the cell phone bill, the credit card statements or the garage....:D

DogLover9501
11-09-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Check the cell phone bill, the credit card statements or the garage....:D

Lmao :D :D

My dad is the same way, my mom will tell him to do 4-5 things and he'll pick one and do that and then fall asleep in his chair LOL :rolleyes:

Samantha Puppy
11-09-2004, 03:53 PM
My husband's reply... "I didn't know I was supposed to lock them in. All you told me to do was bring the litter box up."

LOL Why would I have you move the litter box from its regular location to a new one if I didn't want them locked in? Every other time I've had him move the box, it's to shut them in the spare room/bathroom.

No harm was done, though it was hard for me to listen to them meowing and scratching the door to get out of that room for the last couple hours. :( But they're out now, and fed, and happy so all's well that ends well! Back to my movie...

RICHARD
11-09-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by DogLover9501

My dad is the same way, my mom will tell him to do 4-5 things and he'll pick one and do that and then fall asleep in his chair LOL :rolleyes:
4-5 Really hard, physically draining, back breaking, energy robbing things......

Doing one would tire me out too!!!
:eek: :confused: :rolleyes: ;)

Cinder & Smoke
11-09-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies

... Maybe he can shed some light on the topic,
from a man's point of view.

:rolleyes:

From Past Experience ~

Men aren't ALLOWED to have a "Point of View"
on this topic! :p

:eek:
"Yes, Dear!"

/s/ Phred

Tonya
11-09-2004, 05:16 PM
Haha, our husbands should sit in the dog house together! I get nervous when I have to go out of town and leave the pets in my husband's care. They always manage to survive, but not in the way that I care for them. -Like he thought he was smart last time and dumped half a bag of dog food out so that he wouldn't forget to feed them. :rolleyes:

jazzzytina
11-09-2004, 05:19 PM
LOL to everything Richard posted! :)

RICHARD
11-09-2004, 06:57 PM
In light of the Bill O'Reilly lawsuit I think I am going to take all the women, who posted on this thread, to court..

My self esteem has been damaged- I cannot feed my cat without
thinking that someone will see me and think I am doing it the wrong way.

I can't clean the cat's box because of the ridicule I may be subjected to if I miss a pee biscuit or kitty log.

I am psyche is fragile and I am prone to mood swings..

(Phred and Big Charles,
Let me know if you want a piece of this lawsuit.....We'll make a gazillion dollars!!!!!:rolleyes: )

Samantha Puppy
11-09-2004, 07:08 PM
You knew what the topic was when you clicked on it - no one forced you to read! ;) :D This holds about as much water as a woman who claims that she was forced into phone sex!!

:D :D

RICHARD
11-09-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
You knew what the topic was when you clicked on it - no one forced you to read! ;) :D This holds about as much water as a woman who claims that she was forced into phone sex!!

Hey,

It worked for her.......:confused: :rolleyes: :D

Samantha Puppy
11-09-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Hey,

It worked for her.......:confused: :rolleyes: :D No crap... Too bad I didn't think of it first!! ;)

lizzielou742
11-09-2004, 08:40 PM
Jeez, sounds familiar!!!

Your husband and my boyfriend might do good to take a class on listening together!!!! :rolleyes: ;)

GraciesMommy
11-09-2004, 08:42 PM
The answer is simple...
BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE A UTERUS!!!!!!!!!!

Corinna
11-10-2004, 01:27 AM
I can't say too much as mine does all the vaccuming in the house.
Now if we want to talk about New young men Son says he didn't know when Merlin got bit(spider while i was gone) However the litter boxes were cleaned and so was the kitchen floor as well as his dishes.
Hubby over feeds the gang. As looking at the pics of Dugan and Lady you can tell.

catmandu
11-10-2004, 08:50 AM
AS I am a man,I feel,that not all men,are that incomptetent,as I clean up,after,and feed,and care for all The Found Cats,and feed at least 4 trays! So,not all men,are idiots,although I have,my moments.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-10-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by catmandu
So,not all men,are idiots,although I have,my moments.

Takes a good man to admit that Gary. :D

And since you started it, I'll have to admit that I have my "blonde" moments also. Sometimes I wonder about myself :rolleyes: but the feeling usually passes quickly. ;) :p :D

Fox-Gal
11-10-2004, 10:56 AM
LOL Oh boy do I know about this. :rolleyes:

Just the other day I told my husband that the back yard water bucket outside for the dogs needed filling, we have several around the yard. He said he'd do it. I go outside and his filling one thats already been filled, the front one. What? he can't see that one had water in it.........plus thats not the back yard!

He looks at me and says "I thought that it was a little odd that you wanted me to fill a full one" :rolleyes:

Oh and doors..........how hard is it for him to figure out that if you shut a door to a room, with a pet in it.........they might want out later. You have a choice here, 1: don't close the door or 2: call the pet out before you shut it. I spend half my day, hunting down pets and letting them out of rooms. I have learned to have a water bowl in every room now......just in case.

MEN!!! We just have to learn to work around them.