PDA

View Full Version : how many lurkers are there?

wolfie
11-09-2004, 09:03 AM
When you look at the number of views to a thread, versus the posts, there's a huge difference! How many lurkers are out there? It makes me kind of uneasy when I think about it... it's like they're stalkers or something... just looking, never saying anything. And we don't even know they're there!

If you're just a lurker, please post! We want to hear from you!

Barbara
11-09-2004, 09:21 AM
Many views are not from lurkers but from people who just didn't answer- and I think nobody of us can manage to answer ALL the threads (not even the ones you'd like to usually:( ).

Plus, some threads you go more often to see how a discussion developped, or whether someone noticed how funny you were;) .

And if you started the thread, you look very often what the others answered.

So the views without posts aren't all lurkers.

And what's bad about lurking? Most of us started like that:)

So a big welcome to any lurkers: just check out this wonderful website and if you want to join: come over and have fun:D

wolfie
11-09-2004, 09:27 AM
14 views and one post! I know you're out there! :p

and yeah Barbara, I suppose some of the views are from people looking to see if anyone replied to them yet, and all that.

But still... *looks around* lurkers are out there!

trayi52
11-09-2004, 09:34 AM
Okay, you got me! I was looking, and you caught me by surprise, LOL, so I have to answer and say HOWDY! ;) :D

Willie:D

wolfie
11-09-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by trayi52
Okay, you got me! I was looking, and you caught me by surprise, LOL, so I have to answer and say HOWDY! ;) :D

Willie:D

lol :D

smokey the elder
11-09-2004, 11:51 AM
I "lurked" for over a year because I wasn't comfortable talking on the web as yet. No malice intended, honest!;) :p

Toby's my baby
11-09-2004, 12:16 PM
I'm a lurker... I can never think of things to saw in the post, so I just read the threads, and relply if I can think of things to say. :p

Dogz
11-09-2004, 12:18 PM
I'm definately not a lurker.

Sometimes I just don't get a chance to reply to the threads, but I DO look at them.

Another reason why there may be so many views, is because the people who made the thread like to check who replied. (Somtimes people just like to look at the thread twice, too!) I am sure that you have look at this thread more than once. :p

Karen
11-09-2004, 12:25 PM
Lots of people like to read threads, but as mentioned, cannot think oif an appropriate response, so wisely live by the "if you can;t say anything nice, say nothing at all" rule our grandmas taught us!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with lurking. Participation is completely voluntary, and no one need feel pressured.

Friendy2004
11-09-2004, 12:34 PM
*Raises hand*

Lurker here :)

No real reason why... Just have not gotten comfortable yet :p

Been lurking for a while though...

Hmm... Maybe its time to crawl out of the woodwork...

aly
11-09-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Friendy2004
*Raises hand*

Lurker here :)

No real reason why... Just have not gotten comfortable yet :p

Been lurking for a while though...

Hmm... Maybe its time to crawl out of the woodwork...

You definately should start posting more! :) Make a new thread introducing yourself and you'll get a warm welcome!

Glad to see another lurker-turned-poster :D

Corinna
11-09-2004, 01:24 PM
Some of us are in invisable mode and it regersters as alurker.

micki76
11-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Welcome Friendy2004! :)

I was a lurker for a long time before I started posting.

Also a lot of times I open a thread and either can't think of a reply, don't have time to reply, or I type up the reply and my boss walks over and I quickly close PT without ever getting it posted. :rolleyes:

Of course, then I forgetabout it until come back later, then I open the thread again and start over.

RedHedd
11-09-2004, 01:55 PM
Not a lurker here, however if there's a pic that I particularly like and it cheers me up, I may look at it many times without posting a comment.

slleipnir
11-09-2004, 02:20 PM
Hello. I'm a stalker and I almost never post as you can tell by my post count. Nice to stalk you..I mean meet you.

(kidding! I didn't mean that to sound rude or mean to anyone, I'm just playing)

countrycowgirl
11-09-2004, 02:22 PM
well what can I say I have been Caught...well I haven't been on in a month or so because I have been really busy with my dad having surgury and school and basketball and the horses but for the last three days I have been lurking and trying to catch up on what all I have missed....and man have I missed all of you guys!:D

wolfie
11-09-2004, 04:13 PM
hello all you lurkers! :p

welcome back countrycowgirl! we've missed you too. I actually was just thinking about your cute pups - we haven't 'seen' them in a while! (I'm a big fan of Chewie's ^_^)

guineapiggie13
11-09-2004, 06:15 PM
I'm sorry, I'm probably the biggest lurker here before I joined! I wanted to get comfortable with a forum, because I always thought talking to people you didn't know was *bad*, and after a while I saw people seemed very nice so I joined. :o

catlady1945
11-09-2004, 06:44 PM
Sheesh - can't reply to everything! - But I like to look at the photos and read some threads.