PDA

View Full Version : Look who checked into the catnapper hotel

catnapper
11-09-2004, 07:13 AM
Four three week old kittens! :)

There is one silver girl TABBY (Ut-oh... I can't fall in love with her) and three blackies... but we only know one is a male. the other two can't quite tell yet.
http://www.piftails.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10003/normal_4kittens-3.JPG

http://www.piftails.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10003/normal_4kittens-2.JPG

http://www.piftails.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10003/normal_4kittens-1.JPG

They are residing in Heather's room for the next few days, then they will return to their first foster mom (they still haven't mastered lapping so I'm here to bottle feed for a few days until they can eat on their own and the foster mom can have them ok while she goes to work.) Heather doesn't know she'll come home to 4 baby roommates ;)

More pictures to come... babies this teeny tiny are hard to photograph! :D

Question: The babies were too young to be tested, so I put them in a sepaparate room. I washed my hands as fast as I could after touching them, but Pouncer sniffed and rubbed his face against my hand... is that something to worry about (please tell me no)

K & L
11-09-2004, 08:00 AM
OHHHHHHHHHHHH....they're too cute! Best of luck getting them a furrever home!

Laura's Babies
11-09-2004, 08:04 AM
Have they always been in foster care? It would depend on their history as to rather I would worry about them or not. (with your other ones)

CUTE! CUTE! CUTE! CUTE! Kittens are so sweet and cute!!

catlover4ever
11-09-2004, 08:08 AM
Oh do I see tabby stripes on one of the black ones??? They are adorable. I love them when they are that tiny....of course I love them no matter what size. ;)

catnapper
11-09-2004, 08:16 AM
The black ones DO have little tabby stripes! From what I understand though, they usually fade and become solid black.

The kittens were found on a farm, and have been in foster care nearly a week, but the foster mom couldn't take them to work with her, so she had to find alternate arrnagements til they could feed themselves. The other three kittens found last month on the same farm tested negative, so she has hopes these 4 will test negative too.

catmandu
11-09-2004, 08:23 AM
I Think,that Pouncer,and Popuncer Angel,are telling you,that one more Little Face,The Silver Tabby,would be just fine,with him,and that you know thay you want,that little Baby.Good Luck,with the Little Ones,and please keep us posted.

catnapper
11-09-2004, 11:31 AM
I had an idea... what do you folks think....
They are 3 weeks old. That means they'll start going to adoption events around early-mid December. What if I name them Chrsitmassy names like Noel, Joy, Holly, Chrissy, Kris (as in Kringle) etc? Would that be tacky? Would it help them find homes? I know its somewhat frowned upon to give pets as gifts at the holidays, but people are going to do it, so we might as well play along and give the kittens the best chance at finding a home.

If you like the idea, what are some other names that might be good in case those names I listed have already been used (the rescue doesn't like to use the same name twice) Most of the names listed are also more girly than boy (excluding Kris) and since we don't know what the two remaining kittens are, we need boy names too.

DogLover9501
11-09-2004, 11:34 AM
They are ADORABLE! That little tabby is too cute :D

I like the Christmas name theme, it's cute and not tacky at all!

Denyce
11-09-2004, 12:04 PM
No I wouldn't worry about transmitting anything. Most of the viruses die very quickly with exposure to air. But you could put a bottle of Purell in the room with them and use it before you leave the room. You should also change clothes rather quickly also.

Denyce

Prairie Purrs
11-09-2004, 02:08 PM
Nicholas
Rudolph, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen (and so on)
Carol
Ivy (goes with Holly)
Sugar Plum

Maresche
11-09-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by CatsinDenver

Rudolph, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen (and so on)

I love the reindeer theme for naming them! Plenty of masculine and feminine choices...

catnapper
11-09-2004, 02:28 PM
I am in love with the name Vixen for one of the blackies... lets hope at least one of the three is a girl. I already know that the tabby girl is Holly. So we have Holly and Vixen. I like Prancer for one of the boys (it goes along with Pouncer - just in case ya know ;) ) We'll see what the two undetermined blackies turn out to be before I name them. I hope that'll help them get adopted sooner. The people at the rescue love the idea of Christmas names.

And for Adoption Events, I'm going to make a velcro closure plaid bow for each of the blackies (green/blue plaid for boys, red plaid for girls) and a red bow for the tabby. We will find them loving homes right away!

kimlovescats
11-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Gosh, Kim ... if I didn't know better, I'd think you had stolen some of my babies!!! They look just like Pepper's babies! How cute! Now you get to be a bottle mommy!;)

DogLover9501
11-09-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
And for Adoption Events, I'm going to make a velcro closure plaid bow for each of the blackies (green/blue plaid for boys, red plaid for girls) and a red bow for the tabby. We will find them loving homes right away!

Adorable :D :D Great ideas ;)

QueenScoopalot
11-09-2004, 03:57 PM
What a bunch of cuties. Too bad mom cat wasn't trapped using the babies as bait, and spayed before she has another litter. Holly's kittens have Christmas names...Cole (black), Noel, Rudy (Rudolph shortened) and I haven't come up with the last boy's name yet. Feel free to steal...and I may just filch a name from here LOL! :D

jazzcat
11-09-2004, 05:30 PM
Awww!!! You're going to be a busy girl for a little while.

Now I expect lots of pictures...PLEASE!!!

Tonya
11-09-2004, 05:49 PM
OMG! How cute! They're going to be fun!