PDA

View Full Version : Need some help!

sammy101
11-08-2004, 08:56 PM
Bear was laying on the couch today(thankgod its leather) and she peed herself:( i have no idea why she did that,but now she got it on her fur and smells so terrible,i dont know how she can stand it:(
How should i wash her??Im so scared to give her a bath b/c she's old,and she hasnt had a bath in,who knows how long ago.I thought of mabye just rinsing her in the bathtub?but im not sure,please help!:(

jazzzytina
11-08-2004, 09:03 PM
We bathed Pep when he was 19 - if you have a sink with a spray faucet, that works, or just very gently in the bathtub - fill it with some warm water and shampoo and put him in it and reassure him the whole time. That's what worked for us. Then be sure to dry him completely - we used a hair dryer on low setting and lots of towels - cat hair seems to really hold water. Good luck!

GraciesMommy
11-08-2004, 09:14 PM
I dont know about cats but I keep puppy wipes (just like baby wipes) in her diaper bag and use those between baths..they smell good and you just rub them on their body...they sell them at PetSmart...sure they are fine for cats toohttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/pamelagraves/pamela2strip.gif

rg_girlca
11-08-2004, 09:16 PM
Poor Bear. I was going to suggest the same thing as Jazzzytina.
The warm water with shampoo and then rinse really well and to make sure she is completely dry.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

How old is Bear and is this the first time she has done this?

jazzzytina
11-08-2004, 09:16 PM
Oh, yes, they have pet wipes too at places like PetSmart - didn't think about that. Even some of the grocery stores here carry them.

sammy101
11-08-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by rg_girlca
Poor Bear. I was going to suggest the same thing as Jazzzytina.
The warm water with shampoo and then rinse really well and to make sure she is completely dry.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

How old is Bear and is this the first time she has done this?

she's turning 19 sometimes this month,so she is a senior.She's never done that before,but she does miss the litter sometime.

rg_girlca
11-08-2004, 09:19 PM
OMG they have Pet Wipes now!!! I have never heard of them.

I wonder if they have them down here in Montreal?
MMM going to have to check into that.

christa
11-08-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by rg_girlca
OMG they have Pet Wipes now!!! I have never heard of them.

I wonder if they have them down here in Montreal?
MMM going to have to check into that.

They carry them here at Walmart. They do the job too! You can scrub them down with a wipe & they'll smell good for weeks!

Brodie smelt like "the shelter" when we brought him home. Smelly! So I just wiped one of the wipes over his fur . . . made him smell much better.

catmandu
11-09-2004, 08:44 AM
A warm wash cloth,or Baby wipes,would do the trick,I had the same problem,with Smokey,as he got older,23 when he passed on.