PDA

View Full Version : caseys first anniversary with us

caseysmom
11-08-2004, 02:52 PM
Just wanted to say that today is casey's first anniversary with us. She has come so far in that year from the abuse she suffered. We rescued her from the pound 1 year ago today, for a month I had to hand feed her, for the first week I had to carry her many times to get her to move. She is now so much happier, still has lots of fear of things but she has come so far!

K9soul
11-08-2004, 03:32 PM
Happy Gotcha Day Casey!!! I never knew she had such a rough start.. that's awful :(. She sure has a wonderful home now though and it sounds like she is thriving and coming out of herself wonderfully! I know what you mean about having fear of things, my Tommy is the same way. He's slowly made progress, he used to shy at mailboxes as we walked by them! :eek:

I'm so very happy for you and Casey. Give her a hug from me please. :)

caseysmom
11-08-2004, 03:33 PM
Thanks k9soul...yeah casey still doesn't let that ceiling fan out of her sight!

chocolatepuppy
11-08-2004, 03:35 PM
HAPPY GOTCHA DAY CASEY !!! :)

tatsxxx11
11-08-2004, 03:40 PM
Happy Gotcha Day, Casey:):):) I too wasn't aware of your horrible start at life. I'm so glad for you sweetie, that you found such a loving, caring, devoted human in your Mom:) I know that every day you bring so much joy to her life and this is only the beginning of a lifetime of love and happy days:) My Cody was a rescue/abuse case too and it took a lot of time, patience and love for her to finally come out of her shell. But like you, she's now living the good life and loving it! Hugs and kisses to you sweet, sweet Casey!!!:) Sandra, Cody and Star:)

caseysmom
11-08-2004, 04:01 PM
Thanks everyone I can't tell you how much I love her! She really brings out the protectiveness in me and I hate to think about other dogs going through what she went through, what is wrong with people?

LorraineO
11-08-2004, 04:14 PM
YAY!!! Happy happy time!!!!

K9soul
11-09-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by caseysmom
Thanks everyone I can't tell you how much I love her! She really brings out the protectiveness in me and I hate to think about other dogs going through what she went through, what is wrong with people?

I ask that same question time and time again. I can't fathom some people in this world, there are no words at how much it hurts my heart and soul every time I see or hear of a case of a human deliberately harming and torturing a helpless animal. I am a med transcriptionist and do psychiatric reports too, and some of the things people have gone through in their childhoods are just as shocking. I really think the people who do these kinds of things are often people who went through horribly abusive childhoods themselves and they are full of anger and are mentally disturbed. Of course some may just be cruel and mean without any trigger, I guess alcoholism and drugs can mess people up too.

Well I didn't mean to get so wordy, I just read your reply and it has been on my mind a lot lately, cruelty just seems so widespread. :( I understand completely how it all makes you feel so protective of her, and again, I'm so very very happy that she got such a loving home. :)