PDA

View Full Version : ARGHHH..HORRID URI...I need some PT prayers now too :-(

QueenScoopalot
11-08-2004, 11:51 AM
I've had a very nasty URI that cropped up, and have so many sick little ones it's making my head spin. :( These are all young ones that I either recently trapped, or black and were not able to go out for adoption thanks to Halloween. Most of their littermates have gone off to new forever homes. Madeline's remaining two babies now have it, and I'm worried sick about them. :( They're too tiny for this, and I'm giving them small doses of Clavamox, and have a humidifier running. I suspect sweet Samantha who was adopted out brought this nightmare into the house, as she was sneezing quite a bit when I first rescued her. I'm getting a lot of Clavamox later luckily. I'm having a tough time dealing with so many sick kitties all at once. I wish the babies had their FVRCP shots and it would have been avoided, but most were either too young, or too feral to vaccinate. Now that the most recent babies are sick, I can at least pill them. I couldn't touch several of them at first. Not a good way to socialize kittens, but they're getting better about allowing me to pry their mouths open, without too much of a fight. ARGHHH!! :( :mad:

jazzzytina
11-08-2004, 12:04 PM
I am SO SORRY!!! :( You and the babies are in my prayers and thoughts.

Sending love and light your way,
Tina

catcrazylady
11-08-2004, 12:14 PM
Jan I don't know how in the world you manage to take of so many that are sick at one time. I can barely handle one or two! You know you've got my prayers on the way and any other thing I can possibly offer you. Poor babies must be miserable and you must be wore out.
Hang in there and keep us posted on the little ones. Big {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you and all the poor little sick babies.

This has been a hard and sad week on PT.:(

rg_girlca
11-08-2004, 01:16 PM
Quoted by crazycatlady

This has been a hard and sad week on PT.

How very true Lisa.:(

Jan, I am so sorry to hear this terrible news. It's bad enough having 1 or 2 sick, but to have so many at once is just heartbreaking.
Here's hoping that they have a full and speedy recovery.

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way.

(((((HUGS))))) to you Jan.

Tonya
11-08-2004, 01:57 PM
I am so sorry! You have my upmost respect for all that you do for these kitties. I will pray that they all get well soon.

Laura's Babies
11-08-2004, 02:30 PM
Gee whiz, how do you do it?

This sure has been a HARD week here at PT on all of our nerves and hearts. QSL, you can only do what you can...Once you have done all that, it is in His hands.

catlover4ever
11-08-2004, 03:02 PM
Jan, I'm so sorry. I really don't know how you do it. I'm sending some really special prayers you way....and Gracie and Gabe are sending some your way as well.

Samantha Puppy
11-08-2004, 03:17 PM
Ugh. I am/was miserable enough with Kirin's URI - I can't imagine multiple cats with it. My thoughts and prayers are with you, that you get them all cleared of it soon and your kitties are none the worse for wear. :(

catnapper
11-08-2004, 03:33 PM
Poor kitties. You'll carry through this sickness and bring them out healthy and happy. You are an angel, and God will take care of you.

K & L
11-08-2004, 03:48 PM
That's so hard when you have several cats and something starts up. I'm sure you'll be losing some sleep these next few days. Good luck in getting this under control.

Traice
11-08-2004, 05:57 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts coming your way.

trayi52
11-08-2004, 06:43 PM
Sorry Jan, seems like you have so much on you all the time. You have my prayers and lots of good thoughts coming your way, my friend.

Willie

kimlovescats
11-08-2004, 07:26 PM
Oh dear, Jan .... I hate to hear this. I have been through the URI outbreak myself. I had 17 sick kitties about 2 winters ago ... it was dreadful, and very demanding, but thankfully they all survived it. Hang in there, and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers!

(HUGS)
Kim;)

QueenScoopalot
11-08-2004, 08:35 PM
17 is about the same number here that are sick. I'm loosing track while dashing around popping pills into little mouths, and liquid into others etc. :rolleyes: One little black girl has turned the corner at last anyway, and has started eating again. She's very thin, and will need quite a bit of bulking up before she's adoptable. Madeline's kittens that I've been so worried about are not gasping as much today. I'm still giving them several drops of Clavamox, and can see a big improvement with just 3 doses. Not out of the woods, but better. Keep those prayers coming that I don't opt for that "bridge party" too soon! That's where I chain cinder blocks to my limbs, and jump off the local bridge. I have several friends who are willing to join me! and that things will keep improving for these little ones. Thank God Gracie and Gabriel were well protected long before this hit. :eek:

Uniqueviking
11-08-2004, 08:47 PM
All my prayers and best wishes to the little furbabies...and to your as well for all your hard work.

catmandu
11-09-2004, 08:46 AM
Those Poor Little Babies,we are all praying here,that they will be all right,and can overcome,this bad strat,in lfe.You,are such an Angel,to help,them,in this way.

kimlovescats
11-09-2004, 04:10 PM
Hang in there, Jan .... ;)

catfamily
11-09-2004, 06:42 PM
I'm sorry this is all happening Jan.If you need an empty clean room,my bathroom upstairs is free now that Birdie has the run of the house.I don't know what else I could help with except do my part in the prayers.If you need me I'm here.

kt_luvs_kitties
11-09-2004, 08:18 PM
For all your sick lil babies, and for you as well. I know it is so horrible to know the babies are sick, and you cant really make them feel better. Give them snuggles from me:D And *HUGS* to you as well. I think what you do for all the homeless kitties/animals is GREAT!!! Prayers from NC.

QueenScoopalot
11-09-2004, 09:26 PM
:) :) Thanks for all the prayers everybody. Several of the kittens are perking up, which must mean the prayers are kicking in. ;) Hopefully quite a few will be well enough by next week to go off for adoption.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-09-2004, 09:29 PM
I'm glad to hear they're perking up. What a nightmare it must be when they're all sick at the same time! You are really an angel to them Jan - thanks! :D

jazzcat
11-09-2004, 09:30 PM
Glad to hear they are starting to do better. Hang in there!

rosethecopycat
11-10-2004, 08:15 AM
We've got enough prayers for all of them, if you've got enough hands.

The work you do is amazing.

Bless you.

Rose