PDA

View Full Version : OMG, Prayers please

rg_girlca
11-08-2004, 10:40 AM
I am so freaking out here. I was on the phone with my SIL and all of a sudden I could here Poppy screaming. He was on the couch with Katie and her claw was stuck in his eye. They tumbled off the couch before I could reach them and Katie's claw was still stuck in his eye with Poppy still screaming. Then Poppy kind of twisted around and the claw came free. I am crying like a baby here while typing this. I don't think the claw was actually stuck in the eye itself. I don't see any blood, his eye is just watering like crazy and he can't seem to open it. I have been trying to get a hold of my vet since, but the damn line is busy. He is just a few blocks away from me so I think I will just go with him there.

Please pray that there isn't any damage done.

Gotta go.

trayi52
11-08-2004, 10:43 AM
Prayers and good thoughts are on the way, Lorraine. Please keep us updated.

Willie

rg_girlca
11-08-2004, 10:47 AM
Thank you sooo much Willie.

Okay, I got a hold of my vet and I am to bring Poppy in at 1:00.

He seems to be able to open his eye a little bit now, but it is still watering.

I will let you know the minute I get back, what is what.

Laura's Babies
11-08-2004, 11:01 AM
Geez! How frightening.. I would have grabbed that baby, got in the car and flew to the vets, hitting their door SCREAMING!!

Emergencies happen and not according to the vets schedule!

PLEASE post back after you return from the vets and let us know something!

trinity
11-08-2004, 11:02 AM
Oh my goodness! All positive thoughts coming your way! Please let us know ASAP!!!!!

K & L
11-08-2004, 11:17 AM
Oh no! I sure hope his eye will be OK. Something weird like this happened to our 2 yorkies (when they were alive). They got in a fight and Roxie's tooth pulled Mandy's eye out. It was hanging there and I lost it (not the eye) . They put Mandy's eye back in and stitched it shut for a while. It looked good, but she lost site in it. Please updates us after the vet.

catlover4ever
11-08-2004, 11:19 AM
Oh no!!! Sending positive thoughts your way...please keep us posted.

catcrazylady
11-08-2004, 11:31 AM
Oh Lorraine! Poor Poppy! Don't worry to much because I'm sure he will be fine. Poor little guy! He will probably have to have some ointment for awhile but I'm just sure he will be ok. That would have totally freaked me out too!
Make sure you let us know the minute he gets back. Was Katie just playing with him and things got out of hand? I bet it scared her too didn't it?
Hang in there meowmie and give Poppy lots of kisses from me and a great big {{{{{HUG}}}}} to you!
Its awful to see one of our babies hurt.:(

QueenScoopalot
11-08-2004, 11:34 AM
OH NO Lorraine!!! :( :( :( I'm sending lots of prayers that precious Poppy's eye will be OK. Vets can do a surgery called a 'third eyelid flap' which is where they stitch the eyelids shut for 10 days or so to allow the eye to heal easier. Hope the baby boy's eye is going to be OK. :( Time to start some nail trims pronto! :eek:

rg_girlca
11-08-2004, 01:06 PM
Thank you all so very much for your prayers, they were sooooo appreciated by this "basket case" of a mother. :rolleyes:

The vet did the black light treatment on both eyes to check for scratches, there were none.
He checked his eye for any puncture wound, but couldn't see any, but he did see a slight scratch on the inside of his lid.
He gave him a penicillin shot for prevention.
So, thank goodness there was no damage done. PHEW!
I'm just to keep an eye on it in the next few days for any swelling.
I gave Poppy a treat cause he was such a good boy and now he is resting in his room.:)

Lisa: Katie was sleeping on the couch at the time and Poppy wanted to play with someone, so he just jumped on her and I guess she turned and swatted his face but got her claw stuck in his eye lid. I hope he has learned his lesson because he is always doing this to them.

K & L: Oh how awful!!!...I can understand why you lost it. Ohhhh that gave me the shivers reading that.

Barbara
11-08-2004, 01:25 PM
I'm so glad I read it right now and know Poppy is ok- I would have freaked out if I had seen that!

Good recovery for him and for your nerves:)

catcrazylady
11-08-2004, 01:41 PM
Oh thank goodness it wasn't anything more serious! My goodness the PT kitties are having a time of it! Poppy you got to stop sneaking up on the poor sleeping kitties!
He sounds a lot like Rosco but fortunately we haven't had anything serious like this yet.
Give lots of {{{HUGS}}} to Poppy and a big {{{HUG}}} to you for having to go through it!

Tonya
11-08-2004, 01:56 PM
How scary! I am glad that he is ok!

BCBlondie
11-08-2004, 02:13 PM
Omg!! :( Phew! Close one. I'm glad he's going to be okay!!

Laura's Babies
11-08-2004, 02:22 PM
1 word......PHEW!

Killearn Kitties
11-08-2004, 03:20 PM
I'm kind of glad I didn't see this earlier, before you told us that Poppy was OK. What a frightening thing to happen!

Poor baby! Hugs all round.

catnapper
11-08-2004, 03:25 PM
I'd have been in a panic if that happened to me. Glad to hear that no serious damage was done.

Poppy, please leave your big borhters and sisters alone while they are rsting. they'll eventually wake up and play with you!

K & L
11-08-2004, 03:30 PM
I'm so glad everything will be OK. These little buggers sure can give us some scares can't they?

QueenScoopalot
11-08-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
1 word......PHEW!
Ditto!!! ;)

prechrswife
11-08-2004, 05:31 PM
I just saw this, and I'm glad everything worked out okay.

Traice
11-08-2004, 05:49 PM
I am so glad everything is okay. Poor little guy and poor you.

rg_girlca
11-08-2004, 07:19 PM
Thank you all so very much for your prayers and especially for the hugs. God knows I needed them. I can still hear Poppy's pitiful cries in my head, but he is doing fine. I don't know if it is the shot he had, but he is more quite than usual. His eye is looking much better also.

Thank you all again.:D

kimlovescats
11-08-2004, 07:21 PM
Oh Lorraine ..... ((((BIG HUGS)))) to you and baby Poppy .... what a horrible scare! Gosh this day has been the pits. :( :( I am so relieved to hear that at least he is going to be alright .... poor mommy, I know you probably have a few new gray hairs though!

Love ya,
Kim

Logan
11-08-2004, 07:34 PM
Thank goodness everyone is ok!!!!

Uniqueviking
11-08-2004, 08:39 PM
Yes, definititely "phew" - Glad he's ok :)

catmandu
11-09-2004, 08:48 AM
Thank God,there was no damge,but I would get a good clipper,and keep their nails trimmed.I do that with The Found Cats,as once,in a while,they do swing,at each other.