PDA

View Full Version : My poor Phoebe...

dreamingoutloud
11-08-2004, 09:27 AM
I have to put my poor Phoebe to sleep tonight.

The tumor in her mouth has grown, and it's now displacing her tongue. Phoebe loves to eat, but when she does the food just falls out of her mouth.

There's nothing else that can be done, short of removing her jaw, so I feel that it's now the time to end her suffering.

Phoebe's been with me for almost 19 years. We've shared good times as well as bad. Through it all she's been by my side....when others have left, she has been my rock and support with a nuzzle and a warm purring hug.

I love her so much, and I'm going to miss her every single day.

I'm asking for you to pray that she goes off to heaven without any fear, or pain.

Thank you so much....

Emily, Phoebe, The Kitty, and Boy Band

Logan
11-08-2004, 09:32 AM
Phoebe will be in my prayers tonight, as will you. I hope that you will feel some peace in making this courageous decision about her. 19 years is a long time to be with a good "friend", but she has let you know that it is time to go. :( I'm so sad for you, but will wish the best for Phoebe on her journey.

Logan

dreamingoutloud
11-08-2004, 09:37 AM
Thanks so much for your kind words and Prayers Logan.

I really do feel like Phoebe's told me that this is the right time. My head says that i'm doing the right thing for her.....my heart's another story...