PDA

View Full Version : My Poor Phoebe

dreamingoutloud
11-08-2004, 07:38 AM
I've decided to let Phoebe go tonight.

Her tumor has grown, and I saw that it's beginning to displace her tongue, so she's having a lot of trouble eating. Phoebe has a big appetite and loves to eat, and when she tries the food just falls out of her mouth.

I don't want her to be tortured by this anymore. It's only going to get worse, and no matter how much I love her, I can't put her through it.

She been with me through thick and thin for almost 19 years. It's going to be so hard to let my old, dear friend go....

The Vet said that I'm 100% right. There's nothing else that can be done, and to keep her around would just be selfish.

I'm writing this now, because I don't think I'll be able to later.

It's going to be done at about 7pm eastern time. Could everyone please pray that Phoebe gets to heaven without any pain, fear or suffering.

Thank you everyone....

----Emily, Phoebe, The Kitty, and Boy Band

catcrazylady
11-08-2004, 07:50 AM
Oh no! Not another PT kitty that is going to the bridge! What a sad sad time.:(
Please know that you are doing the right thing by not letting Phoebe suffer any longer. You must feel very blessed to have had her in your life for so long. That doesn't make the letting go any easier does it?
Give her lots of love today and she will be in our prayers and thoughts as she crosses over.
God Speed Phoebe until you meet your meowmie again.

QueenScoopalot
11-08-2004, 07:52 AM
I'm sorry your dear Phoebe's time here is up, but I'm glad you realize it's time for her to be a Rainbow Bridge kitty angel. Carla (catfamily) just had to let her sweet Kiki go. He also had cancer in his jaw, and was 18 (?). It's always so hard letting go of our faithful companions. :(

Laura's Babies
11-08-2004, 08:03 AM
In my thought and prayers, you and Phoebe. You know we are here is you need us.

NKBurlington
11-08-2004, 08:26 AM
I'm terribly sorry.

My thoughts are with you and Pheobe!

Have fun at the RB little girl....

catmandu
11-08-2004, 08:31 AM
Poor Phoebe,you were such a Great Cat,for nearly two decades,it must be a shock,to your Guardain,that she will never see you again.Beans,and BJ,are setting a place,at the table,for you,in the Seatsd of honor,and you will have eternity,in Cat Heaven,to await being reunited,with The Guardian,who loved,and cared for you,all those years!

dreamingoutloud
11-08-2004, 09:44 AM
Thank you everyone for your comforting wonderful words. It's so nice to be able to talk to people who know what i'm going through.

Phoebe will be honored to be in the company of your dear departed kitties at the rainbow bridge. She also has her kitty sister Cow-Ant waiting for her.

dreamingoutloud
11-08-2004, 09:49 AM
I apologise for posting this twice....I didn't think that it went through the first time....

Tonya
11-08-2004, 10:09 AM
Rest in Peace, sweet Phoebe.

rg_girlca
11-08-2004, 10:32 AM
Oh gosh, I am so sorry to hear about your beloved Phoebe.
She lived a good long life.

Go peacefully sweetheart and have fun on RB.

jazzzytina
11-08-2004, 11:11 AM
Poor Phoebe. Godspeed to the Bridge. I'm so sorry for your loss.

emily_the_spoiled
11-08-2004, 05:15 PM
I am so very sorry that you had to make this decision.

God speed to the RB Phoebe and play hard while waiting for meowmie

prechrswife
11-08-2004, 05:21 PM
I'm so sorry.:(

Traice
11-08-2004, 05:55 PM
Prayers and peace to you.

dreamingoutloud
11-08-2004, 08:46 PM
Thank you for all your prayers and lovely thoughts.

Phoebe passed away painlessly about 7:30pm. My family and I were all around her, and sang in her ear and stroked her fur as she left this world and went on to the next.

I feel blessed to have found such a kind and compassionate veterinarian.

I also feel blessed to have found such a wonderful site, with such loving kitty moms and dads.

Uniqueviking
11-08-2004, 08:48 PM
I'm so very sorry for your loss :(

I know how much it hurts to lose them, and how important it is they get to cross the bridge in a good way.