PDA

View Full Version : What should we do?

Uabassoon
11-07-2004, 10:48 PM
On Thurs when I went over to visit Alexa and found this kitty on her doorstep. We both fell in love with her, she's very friendly and playful. We fed her some canned food and she gobbled it all up. Today she was waiting at the doorstep again. We are not sure if she has a home or not. We think that she might because she is well groomed and has no mats. I think Alexa wants to keep her but first we want to know if she has a home. How would we find out if she belongs to anyone?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/grybai/IM002400.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/grybai/IM002401.jpg

shais_mom
11-07-2004, 10:56 PM
omgolly Laura! She is stunning!
She reminds me of Kylie. Can you post pics of her around where Alexa lives?

Kfamr
11-07-2004, 11:01 PM
Maybe call local vets and describe her to see if she is a patient of theirs?

Cinder & Smoke
11-07-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon

How would we find out if she belongs to anyone?

See if she'll tolerate a "collar" -
make one out of bright ribbon with a short note attached -
including you phone number.
Wait a day or two to see what happens.

If she returns WITH the ribbon & note - chances are she is homeless.

sirrahved
11-07-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
See if she'll tolerate a "collar" -
make one out of bright ribbon with a short note attached -
including you phone number.
Wait a day or two to see what happens.

If she returns WITH the ribbon & note - chances are she is homeless.

I was going to suggest this same method.

catfancier
11-07-2004, 11:28 PM
Doorknocking is pretty successful (if people answer and it isn't a dodgy neighbourhood) - I found the owner of a cat that way. Good luck.

catcrazylady
11-08-2004, 06:30 AM
I would ask neighbors if they have ever seen her before. Chances are that if she belongs to somebody they don't live to far away. I would also call a few local vets and the local shelter to see if anyone has reported her missing. She might be lost.
She sure is a BEAUTY! Please keep us updated on this pretty girl.

QueenScoopalot
11-08-2004, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by sirrahved
I was going to suggest this same method.
Great idea, but I'd use a bright colored "break away" collar. Walmart sells them for under $5. If she were to climb over a fence and get caught up with ribbon....:(

PayItForward
11-08-2004, 07:54 AM
I would not feed a strange cat, of course she'll turn up again for a another free meal. I would monitor any cat hanging around but unless they were hanging around 24/7 or looking sick/ill I would be carefull about accidently catnapping a strangers cat.

But while you are concerned about her, I would suggest a paper collar, it will fall off if it is not removed and taking her to the vets to get scanned for a microchip.
http://www.lostmycat.com/foundcat.html

If she returns WITH the ribbon & note - chances are she is homeless.I disagree, if she returns with the collar she could be lost or her owners could be on holiday and the pet sitters didn't notice the new collar. The collar test is only any good IF someone rings you.

K & L
11-08-2004, 08:30 AM
She's beautiful. I would check around with neighbors, put out found cat fliers, take her and see if she's micro-chipped, and if no one claims her, she's YOURS!:D Keep us posted.

catmandu
11-08-2004, 08:36 AM
She definitley,does not look like a stray ,she has been a house cat,by yhr cut,of her gib,as they used to say.Probably,careless Guardains,as I have,on my street.

Uabassoon
11-08-2004, 08:09 PM
So we think we have figured out where Nougat (that's what i call her) came from. Some new neighbors moved in so we think she either belongs to them or the old tentants abandoned her. So we are going to find out if it belongs to the new neighbors.

rg_girlca
11-08-2004, 08:25 PM
Oh gosh, she is absolutely beautiful. I love her markings.

Oh I hope she wasn't abandoned. That just irks me to no end.