PDA

View Full Version : Looks like I'm staying in Michigan...

moosmom
11-07-2004, 09:42 AM
I talked to my childhood friend last night about her basement room she offered. We talked for a long while and she told me that she hadn't talked to her boyfriend yet. I was wondering why she hadn't.

They have his two kids living with them PLUS two foster children they're caring for. The room in the basement is an unheated playroom that the kids play in. There can be absolutely NO cats because of Sam's (boyfriend's son) allergies.

She told me she's afraid that me coming out there without a job and living in their basement (there's no bed, no dresser, no heat, nothing in there) would compromise our longstanding friendship. She also said that I have a roof over my head and an understanding landlord which is better than what I'd have when I came to CT. I told her I understood. She was furious that my daughter told me I couldn't stay with her and wanted to call her and have a little "chat" with her. I told her to go for it. She said that my daughter is a selfish person who only thinks of herself. No argument there. I love my kid, but she's got alot to learn about life.

Am I disappointed?? Yeah.

I'm still going to rehome some of my cats. I've been very successful in that Doogie has a furrever home in Fla with Valerie (Dukedogsmom) and Fawnie will probably have a home with a wonderful elderly woman in Ann Arbor (I got a call yesterday). I want to keep the cats I originally came here with. They've been with me a long time and it breaks my heart to think I'd have to part with them.

I've been in contact with my brother and he's offered to take care of my living expenses till I can find a job (he's got a few bucks to spare considering he inherited his Godmother's estate). We've got alot of issues that we're working on and so far we're doing okay.

So, I'm here to stay. Stay tuned!! ;)

NoahsMommy
11-07-2004, 11:15 AM
Donna,

It sounds like there are some good options right now and I'm glad. :)

davidpizzica
11-07-2004, 03:31 PM
Oh, donna. I'm glad things are finally looking up for you! It is such a shame that you have to rehome some of your furry family. I'm glad you are keeping the ones closest to your heart. I'm also happy that your brother is watching out for you. My two brothers are watching out for me! Guess what? I am also overdrawn in my checking account, too! Temporarily until I get my check this week. Donna, I love you. {{{{BIG HUGS}}}} and a shoulder. Could you call me tonight? after 9:00.

Karen
11-07-2004, 03:36 PM
Well, it sound like a good solution, at least for now. And that should take a lot of the stress of feeling you need to find a job this minute off your shoulders. Less stress can only help, and I am glad most of your kitties get to stay with you, and that Val is getting Doogie! How cool!

moosmom
11-07-2004, 03:37 PM
Davidp,

Absolutely! 9 pm it is. I cleaned my ENTIRE apt like my a$$ was on fire today. It looks great!!! I also bought one of those Whisp things where they "puff" out a scent every 60 seconds. I put it in the cat box room. I love it!! I had a coupon for $3 off. So I got it for $4.99. I'm gonna buy one for every room in my apt. This way they can't say they smell cats in my apt.

That's what my landlord and his "friends" said when they came over unannounced the other night. He's trying to convince me to get rid of all but 1 cat. I just can't do it and won't.

I'll fill you in when I talk to you tonight.

shais_mom
11-07-2004, 11:37 PM
Well, Donna. I don't know wether to say congratulations or what?
All I have to say is I wish you the best of luck in whatever happens, and I also wish for you all the happiness.

dukedogsmom
11-08-2004, 10:49 AM
In a way, this sounds better for you, though it wasn't planned. Your brother is very nice to help you out and I know that eases your mind a little. I'll probably be meeting earlier. I've got to find out how to get there from here. I don't want to be real late getting to TN so depending on where the park is from here is when I'll meet you. If you want, call me or I'll call you. I'm getting ready to go check out a mall near here. I'll have my cell with me. I've got a nice big kennel for Doogie so he won't be miserable while traveling.

ramanth
11-09-2004, 10:15 AM
*HUGS*

Jods
11-09-2004, 07:56 PM
I'm glad things are begginf to work out for you. I bet your landlords apt doesn't smell to purrrty either lol. I'm sorry you have to rehome some of the cats, but be glad they are going to have great homes. :)