PDA

View Full Version : How did you find out about potd?

cookieluver7
11-07-2004, 09:31 AM
I was just wondering how you guys found out about petoftheday or pet talk. For me, I was just messing around on the computer and I saw this website and totally fell in love with it!!:p How did you find out about pet talk or petoftheday?

Kfamr
11-07-2004, 09:35 AM
It's been so long, I honestly forget.

Tonya
11-07-2004, 09:38 AM
I was off of work because I was about to have my shoulder surgury. I was so freaking bored and I bumped into the POTD pics. I was looking at all the different DOTD's. I would follow that for a while, and then I eventually realized there was a whole site attached to that.

chrissycat21
11-07-2004, 09:39 AM
My friend Autumn who knows I'm a big animal lover told me about it. I'm not sure how she found out about it, though. She is actually on the board sometimes, I forgot her user name but her hamster Diego Joe won POTD. ;)

Aspen and Misty
11-07-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
It's been so long, I honestly forget.

Same here.

Ash

swimma253
11-07-2004, 10:26 AM
I have NO Idea... lol All I know is that I found Petoftheday First...

And I apoligize... to all the people who I screwed up there threads when I was brand new... :p

Kfamr, I didnt understand the whole thread thing and I thought you posted anywhere you want... so I posted Meekas pictures in your thread! :eek: Sorry about that! :p :)

Carly

slleipnir
11-07-2004, 10:26 AM
I think a friend showed me her horse being POTD and I wanted mine to be as well...then I found the talk from there

RedHedd
11-07-2004, 10:47 AM
I found it through iWon as they post a POTD on their boards. As I love cats I just followed the links to POTD and the rest is history! And I no longer go to adware and spyware loading iWon anymore. That site really messed up my PC!

BCBlondie
11-07-2004, 11:02 AM
I met Liana and Ashley on another forum, and they told me about PT... I had joined months earlier but I never got around to posting anything, so I decided it was about time to start posting.. and I've been addicted ever since! >.<

Corinna
11-07-2004, 11:17 AM
Well I am a huge ArtBell(coast tocoast fan) I was looking at his daily must see list (art has cats) I started checking out the dotd and the cotd . Started reading the board for a while and finally just had to start repling.

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-07-2004, 03:30 PM
I was looking for pictures of Tollers in google images and found a picture of a beautiful one and clicked on it to make it bigger and I found DOTD and Pet talk:D

Here's the girl that brought me to PT, she was DOTD on September 24,1999:D
http://dogoftheday.com/archive/1999/September/24.jpg

petslover
11-07-2004, 03:31 PM
I pushed in petoftheday.com on my address bar out of the blue. I been hooked ever since!

GraciesMommy
11-07-2004, 04:32 PM
I was hooked on Burner Kitty and Gracie was Pet of the Week there and as I was looking thru the pics I saw a pic that had the little POTD tag on it that they had posted in their album and wondered what that was so put it in google and found Pet Talk..pretty cool!

8-22-2004 was gracies POTW date

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/pamelagraves/personalizedtanktop.gif

sirrahbed
11-07-2004, 04:46 PM
My daughter, Missy (sirrahsim) told me about it:D It was the Cat of the Day she told me about. Then, I found the forum and starting posting and she discovered it at about the same time and we both started posting around summer of 2003.

flamepony12
11-07-2004, 05:30 PM
my mom found out about it when i was like, 8, and I was checking POTD every day; it was a while before i found out about PT. I signed up as "merlins_mom" i think... but I never posted, then I signed up as flamepony12 on PT and now I go on every day! :D

cubby31682
11-07-2004, 09:37 PM
I heard about it on the tech tv channel on the show called "Screen Savers"

manda_moo87
11-08-2004, 12:45 AM
I was browsing bunny pics on Google when I came across this DARLING little bun-bun...

http://www.petoftheday.com/archive/2002/May/01.jpg

Then I took a visit to the site... and almost daily had to look to see who was POTD, COTD and DOTD. :) Then when my RB kitty Perkins was nominated as COTD in March 2004, I joined PT!

guineapiglover4life
11-08-2004, 11:46 AM
A friend.

Karen
11-08-2004, 01:01 PM
Once upon a time, Paul and I were talking about what kind of website we would enjoy creating that others might want to visit every day. So in my case, I didn't "find out about," I was part of creating it! (A teeny, weeny part, Paul did - and still does - all the hard work.)

gini
11-08-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Once upon a time, Paul and I were talking about what kind of website we would enjoy creating that others might want to visit every day. So in my case, I didn't "find out about," I was part of creating it! (A teeny, weeny part, Paul did - and still does - all the hard work.)

AND ARE ALL OF US EVER HAPPY THAT YOU CREATED THIS SITE FOR US! XXOO

guineapiglover4life
11-08-2004, 11:37 PM
YES WE ARE!!!

catfancier
11-09-2004, 04:01 AM
I found this guy one day after doing a search for 'siamese' or something along those lines, didn't find out about Pet Talk though until a couple of months ago.
POTD was a site that intrigued me, although I haven't submitted pics of my zoo for consideration, YET!

This is Tao, who looks very much like Masar - they even shared the same identification barrel (Masar has an engraved tag now though).

Barbara
11-09-2004, 08:23 AM
I bought a book about cat websites! And then I checked them out and found COTD. I started every day with COTD and then I submitted Filou. He was COTD in August 2002. When I noticed I had to check his thread about 100 times in that day I thought it would only be fair to post for others' pets as well.:)

And here I am:D