PDA

View Full Version : Florida PT Meeting??

Kfamr
11-07-2004, 08:58 AM
Kari commented how there needs to be another FL PT meeting, so that she can meet everyone.

Well, as you all know, i've tried many times to put together something, in which only a few people have came each time.

I am willing to try again, but if someone else is willing to figure out somewhere, in the middle where we can meet (maybe somewhere near Valerie's??)

Also, Audrey and Zeke (slleipnir) may be coming down sometime at the end of December. I figure that'd be a great time to have one, since we should have some nice weather around that time.

I'd be more than happy to plan a get-together over this way, reserve a pavillion at the park, buy food, etc.. if everyone's willing to drive over this way. That's the only way *I* can plan a meeting because this is the only place i'm familiar with. :p

Any ideas, times, places, anything are welcome... let me know when/where is good for everyone.

slleipnir
11-07-2004, 09:02 AM
I sooo hope I can go T-T I'm not sure where we'd stay though...probably close to where ever it is?

delidog
11-07-2004, 07:05 PM
Kayann,

I Know how hard you have tried to organize a meeting in the past....

My Biggest Opportunity is that You are on the West Coast,and I am on the East coast.....You are about Four hours away from me....which in One day is a little difficult....there and back alone is 8 hours....
I can't stay overnight as I have other responsibilities....

How does Orlando sound????
That is 2 hours from me....and about the same...maybe even closer for you....and I know it is close to Val and Libby....

Unfortunately,CamCamPup is 2 hours South of me...so I don't know if it is convenient for her....

Now,The Next Question,Is there a Dog Park in Orlando??? I don't know,but I could try researching it on the computer....

I Think it would be Great to have a Fl. Pet Talk Meeting...After
X-Mas is Great,as I work in Retail....which means I have No Thanksgiving or X-mas.....
Maybe Sunday Jan.2,2005????
Please let me know your thoughts....

Thanks,
Delidog

BitsyNaceyDog
11-07-2004, 09:30 PM
There is a dog park in Orlando, but I haven't been to it. Justin and I can check it out someday soon though if you decide on Orlando. Any time is good for us, but Sundays are best. As long as I know ahead of time I can get off work (I make the schedule :D).

Sunday, January 2, 2005 is fine with me.

Fox-Gal
11-08-2004, 09:33 PM
If you want I can look into this really nice state park we have around here. I only said, maybe around here, because I know it would only be 1 1/2 hours for delidog, 1 hour for Val, and 2 hours for you and anyone in Orlando area.

I'm just trying to think of ideas that would not be to far for one person or other. A happy middle of sorts for everyone.

Anyway let me know if you want to give it a try.

delidog
11-09-2004, 04:15 AM
Thanks KBlaix & Foxgal,

Both of your ideas sound good....

Lets' Keep in touch and maybe this time it could come to fruition!!!

Glad the dates are good with you too!!

aly
11-09-2004, 12:03 PM
I wish I could go! I was going to visit my boyfriend's parents' house in Florida over Thanksgiving, but I can't go because I don't have anyone to watch my babies. My parents and sister will be in Canada and my best friend will be at the coast. I don't really trust anyone else to watch them. Boo! I hope you guys have lots of fun though if you do have another meeting. And as always, take lots of pics!!!!!!!

Kfamr
11-09-2004, 08:37 PM
Get some links to some parks over that way, or get some more information! :)

I have no problem with going that far. The only thing, I may not be able to bring all three dogs unless my mom and dad both come along. I can handle them all on a walk, but around people and other dogs I like to handle them seperately.

Sunday Jan 5th sounds good to me too, but i'd have to see what my parents think.

BitsyNaceyDog
11-09-2004, 09:55 PM
I can drive wherever you guys want to meet, a couple hours is no problem.
I too will only probably be able to bring 2 of my dogs, because 4 is a lot to handle for Justin and me in that kind of environment. Buster will defiantly be staying home because he is afraid of new people.

Kfamr
11-13-2004, 08:58 AM
I found this dog park online...
http://parks.orangecountyfl.net/dogparks.htm?CL=7

It's about 2+ hours away from me.

Has anyone been there?

Aspen and Misty
11-13-2004, 09:18 AM
My Grandparents live in Orlando, and I will be visiting in February.

Just a thought for a second FL meeting :D

Ash

slleipnir
11-13-2004, 05:56 PM
Bah, I won't know until December (maybe 2 weeks before x-mas) if it's a for sure thing..but if everything goes ok with work then it is a for sure thing :X:X -hopeful-

I won't bother asking yet about where I should be staying, but I was thinking somewhere near Kays if there is dog hotel dealies there

Kfamr
11-13-2004, 08:48 PM
There's a pet-friendly hotel right in front of my neighborhood. :)

Fox-Gal
11-13-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I found this dog park online...
http://parks.orangecountyfl.net/dogparks.htm?CL=7

It's about 2+ hours away from me.

Has anyone been there?

I have not been to them, But I have been told about Downey Dog Park. A old employee of mine says she takes her dog there, she says it's nice, thats all I know. Still pretty new park.

Here's another site that has a little more info on dogs parks in that area if you want to take a look http://www.orlandodogpark.com/default.asp

BTW: I'm going off PT soon, so please, still keep me in mind and updated on the meet, if I'm not back by then. Just because I'm not around doesn't mean I still don't want to get toghter with everyone. OK? Also any help you need, just ask.

delidog
11-14-2004, 05:05 AM
FoxGal,
Going off Pet Talk????
Is everything alright????

dukedogsmom
11-16-2004, 06:58 PM
I don't know if I'll be working or not. Once you get a definate date, I'll be able to look at a calendar and find out.

Kfamr
11-17-2004, 04:30 PM
Libby, if you could/want to, send me your # and i'll call you when we make plans, just incase I can't reach you online.

What date does everyone like??

Anyone over that way scoped out a place to meet up at??

What about food/drinks??

BitsyNaceyDog
11-17-2004, 04:40 PM
I haven't checked any out yet, I was going to this past sunday, but didn't get the chance. If we do meet in Orlando then Justin and I can take care of food and drinks.

slleipnir
11-27-2004, 09:26 PM
I can't say a def yes or not yet...but my mom has me and her marked off work for 2 weeks at then end of december :rolleyes: She thinks she has her shifts covered too...so all is looking very well so far...but everytime I say that I end up not going -sigh- Anyway..I think we'd be leaving here on boxing day, and it would prob take about 3-4days to drive down.....so anytime around then is good for me.I think I'd want to stay around where Kay is to visit her and the furkids XD Do you guys know if there are a lot of pet friendly hotels in the US? I'm worried if we stop somewhere on the way we won't find a good hotel...

Also...I know some of you traveled a lot with pets...how did you go about it??

I sooooooooooooooooooooo hope mom stupid work doesn't butt in again. My aunt might be going too, I think if she will, the odds of us not going would be slim...Now, I just need to map out how to get there -dies- I failed map school (or I would if I went to one ;)

delidog
11-28-2004, 04:48 AM
Sleepinir,
Go to www.petfriendly.com
type in the states you are visiting...they will give you a full list of Pet Friendly hotels/Motels in that state....
Hope this helps

Shelteez2
11-28-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by slleipnir
I can't say a def yes or not yet...but my mom has me and her marked off work for 2 weeks at then end of december :rolleyes: She thinks she has her shifts covered too...so all is looking very well so far...but everytime I say that I end up not going -sigh- Anyway..I think we'd be leaving here on boxing day, and it would prob take about 3-4days to drive down.....so anytime around then is good for me.I think I'd want to stay around where Kay is to visit her and the furkids XD Do you guys know if there are a lot of pet friendly hotels in the US? I'm worried if we stop somewhere on the way we won't find a good hotel...

Also...I know some of you traveled a lot with pets...how did you go about it??

I sooooooooooooooooooooo hope mom stupid work doesn't butt in again. My aunt might be going too, I think if she will, the odds of us not going would be slim...Now, I just need to map out how to get there -dies- I failed map school (or I would if I went to one ;)

The shelties and I drove to Wyoming this summer. It was a 16 hour drive and I did it in two days. Super 8's are great hotels, cheap and pet friendly. There are quite a few pet friendly hotels now a days. I don't think you will have any trouble finding one.

As for the map go to MapQuest.com it's a great site.

Blustang24
11-28-2004, 03:36 PM
I hope you all have fun as I will not be attending this one.

Kfamr
11-28-2004, 04:14 PM
Has anyone found a location or anything at all?
I feel so stuck because i'm only capable of planning in my area as I have no idea what's over that way.

Originally posted by Blustang24
I hope you all have fun as I will not be attending this one.

Why not? :confused:

Blustang24
11-28-2004, 04:31 PM
I am going to have a lot of things going on and will be starting classes again. :rolleyes: So I think it will be best to spend time back here. Plus I already requested some weekends off in Dec, so it probably won't go over too well asking for beginning of Jan off too!

slleipnir
11-28-2004, 05:28 PM
I would plan it..but I don't know the area -at all- T-T

Kfamr
11-28-2004, 06:36 PM
Hey Audrey -- This hotel is RIGHT in front of my neighborhood. It's where Valerie stayed the first time we met.
http://www.knightsinn.com/KnightsInn/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=07352&brandInfo=KG

Also, I don't know for sure, but possibly you could stay here. :)

slleipnir
11-29-2004, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the offer, but I wouldn't want to be a bother...?

Anyway..my mom called last night and told me her sick uncle (she wanted to see but couldn't) is now in florida...so now if we go, she'd be able to see him too! I shouldn't get my hopes up -sigh-

Kfamr
11-29-2004, 01:52 PM
Oh i'm sure you wouldn't be. It is up to you guys though, whatever you feel comfortable with.

I do remember asking my parents when you first mentioned it that you were coming don here, and if you and your mother could stay with a dog.. they said it just depended on when you were coming.

Just imagine all of the pics we could get. ;)

slleipnir
11-29-2004, 03:51 PM
haha. Well...if it's ok with your parents and all that maybe just I could stay there for a day or something (cause my mom and aunt would be there too and stuff and I doubt they would want to/room issues..)

I feel like I'm being pushy or something :o Would Zeke be ok there/ would your parents mind another dog for a day or whatever?? I'm sure Zeke would looooooooooove playing...but he probably wouldn't want to stop playing :rolleyes:

And yes, you could maybe do one of your photo shoot thingies with Zekey hahahaha I don't have any thing like that here :rolleyes: And I need to see one of those lizards..LOL jk -puts one in pocket and leaves-

slleipnir
12-02-2004, 11:28 AM
Eeeeeeee, my mom said we are going for sure unless something comes up with her work (which she has already covered her shifts and told them she's going!!) so unless her staff quit on her I think we're going for sure! We're leaving boxing day morning (whenever we wake up) and estimating 3 days of driving (and stoping for sleep) to get there. Should we pick a day to get together??

Kay: Do you do family stuff on new years? Maybe you could go to disney with us if you're not?? Must have some fun stuff going on there that time of year. They did last time we were there just before xmas.

Ahh, I'm still trying NOT to get my hopes up but I'm getting excited :X I didn't want this month to happen cause I don't want my bday to come and not even xmas really, but now I do :X

Btw: Can you get doggie seat belts? :rolleyes: I worry about him..

Kfamr
12-02-2004, 06:00 PM
!!!!!!! :D
Do you know where you guys will be staying?
My parent's anniversary is on New Years, but they normally just do stuff on their own and probably wouldn't mind me going along. :)

Yep.. they do have Doggie Seatbelts. :D
I know Amy has a short leash type thing that hooks into the car seatbelt, and has a hook to go on their collar or harness.
Might wanna ask her and see where she got them from.

Anyone in the Orlando area scoped out a place to meet yet??
I'd really like to get a place and date set so that we can see/make sure everyone can come.

If we don't make plans, i'll just make a date for Valerie, Audrey, and whoever else to meet/have fun over this way.

slleipnir
12-02-2004, 06:55 PM
!!!!!!! :D
Do you know where you guys will be staying?
My parent's anniversary is on New Years, but they normally just do stuff on their own and probably wouldn't mind me going along. :)

Yep.. they do have Doggie Seatbelts. :D
I know Amy has a short leash type thing that hooks into the car seatbelt, and has a hook to go on their collar or harness.
Might wanna ask her and see where she got them from.

Anyone in the Orlando area scoped out a place to meet yet??
I'd really like to get a place and date set so that we can see/make sure everyone can come.

If we don't make plans, i'll just make a date for Valerie, Audrey, and whoever else to meet/have fun over this way.

I think I'll die if something happens now...it seems everytime I'm happy something happens to make it bad again :rolleyes: Oh well. I'll try not to think about it, but I'm excited :X

If no one sets anything up then it would still be fun just to meet up with you guys :D

Not sure where we're going to be staying yet. I'll have to look up soon and maybe book a place....It would probably/maybe be that place you said near your place..

BitsyNaceyDog
12-03-2004, 12:19 PM
Justin and I (if all goes as planned) will be going to check out a dog park on Sunday.

slleipnir
12-03-2004, 01:59 PM
I just heard from someone that you need certain things to get your dog across the border...does anyone know what it is you need?? I really don't wanna get there and find out I don't have the right stuff........

Is it just proof of vacinations etc?

BitsyNaceyDog
12-04-2004, 07:13 AM
I just heard from someone that you need certain things to get your dog across the border...does anyone know what it is you need?? I really don't wanna get there and find out I don't have the right stuff........

Is it just proof of vacinations etc?

I would imagine, but I don't know for sure. I'm sure there is somewhere you could call to find out.

slleipnir
12-06-2004, 12:40 PM
Sooo, I'm not too sure what's going on. Is it just kay, val and me?

My aunt isn't going now, so not sure how long it will take to get there

Kfamr
12-06-2004, 01:17 PM
Audrey, if nothing's planned over that way, i'm pretty sure it'll be just you, Valerie, and I somewhere over here.

BitsyNaceyDog
12-06-2004, 02:57 PM
Justin and I really want to come. We went to a dog park yesterday with some friends to check it out and it was nice, but a bit far for everyone. We don't have a problem driving over your way, Kay. In fact on saturday we were at Busch Gardens, it was about only about a 1 1/2 hour drive. You tell me where and when and We'll be there.

slleipnir
12-06-2004, 05:49 PM
Like I said, I have nooo idea when I'll be there. But I'll be happy to talk to Kay about it to figure out a date i'd be there for sure and stuff.. I'll most likely be staying by kay if we go...........so yeah.

pupslover
12-07-2004, 08:48 PM
I'm a floridian as well. any set plans on a meeting in florida?

Kfamr
12-07-2004, 09:11 PM
I think we are probably just going to have a meeting over this way (Palm Harbor)

Sunday, January 9th seems best for everyone so far. (That i've spoken to)

slleipnir
12-08-2004, 07:48 AM
I won't be there then..:( I'd say we'll be there around the 1st and leave after like 4 days maybe 5

Kfamr
12-08-2004, 03:51 PM
How about the 4th and the 5th?
Valerie said she has off those days.

slleipnir
12-08-2004, 05:37 PM
Waaah I don't know. Mom said we'd go there first, but I honestly don't know!! I'll try for the 4th and see if we can do other stuff 1st instead or something i duno. I'll try to work on it haha.

BitsyNaceyDog
12-08-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by pupslover
I'm a floridian as well. any set plans on a meeting in florida?

Where in Florida are you? I'm in St. Cloud, a bit south of Orlando.

slleipnir
12-09-2004, 01:49 PM
Ok, I can be there for the 4th if that's when is good. We'll probably be in Kays areas around the 3rd or 4th till the 5th. My mom wants to visit her sick uncle too and I thought we might as well go there first then if the meeting is best on the 4th. Maybe I can see about meeting up with Kay before that if she wants. I duno about new years now thoug cause we won't be in that area if you need a lift?

Kfamr
12-11-2004, 12:17 PM
Ack. i'm trying so hard to find my school schedual. I had thought we had a lot longer than we did, but maybe not. Someone told me we go back on the 3rd of January, and if this is so, there's NO way I can miss the second day of class.

slleipnir
12-11-2004, 12:23 PM
Blarg!! :(

Kfamr
12-11-2004, 03:46 PM
I get home from school at around 2:30. I wouldn't mind doing it after school, but what about you and Justin, Kari? Would you mind it being so late? Is there a time you'd like to leave for home?

Blustang24
12-11-2004, 05:34 PM
Yeah, you go back to school on jan 3rd kayann

Kfamr
12-11-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Blustang24
Yeah, you go back to school on jan 3rd kayann

I know.

slleipnir
12-12-2004, 05:29 PM
I know.

Nu uh!

Kfamr
12-12-2004, 07:54 PM
Nu uh!

You killed me!

slleipnir
12-12-2004, 11:04 PM
fo sho

BitsyNaceyDog
12-13-2004, 09:02 PM
That's fine with us:)

Kfamr
12-14-2004, 08:29 AM
We just reserved Pavillion #3 for January 4th, 2005!
It is ours! I will be posting another thread with info.

slleipnir
12-14-2004, 09:02 AM
Yay I can't wait! No idea what/where that is but anyway