PDA

View Full Version : How many people do you buy for for Christmas?

BitsyNaceyDog
11-07-2004, 08:22 AM
Besides Justin and I buying for each other we buy for 18 other people. I just counted the number of people on my list. It includes immediate family and a few close friends.

cloverfdx
11-07-2004, 08:30 AM
Pretty much only my Mum, 2 little cousins and we do a secret santa/ kris kringle amongst my friends and i. Oh and the dogs and cat ;).

Samantha Puppy
11-07-2004, 08:45 AM
Let's see...

My mom
My dad
My brother
Shannon (my brother's fiancee)
Josh's mom
Josh's dad
Josh's 2 brothers
Christine (my best friend)
Christina (Josh's friend)
Chris and Erika (our married friends)

And a few smaller gifts for a couple people at our offices.

Yikes.

petslover
11-07-2004, 08:46 AM
Just my parents and like 3 of my closest friends and of course the dogs! I'm the only child so I have no siblings to buy for.

For The rest of the family(like cousins and stuff, which isn't very big),my parents usually buy the gifts for them.

cookieluver7
11-07-2004, 09:41 AM
Lets see here:

Mom-1
Dad-1
Brother-1
secret santas-8

11 people

NoahsMommy
11-07-2004, 11:25 AM
Excellent thread for me to figure this out in. :)

David
Mom
Step-dad, Jerry
Mother-in-law, Nelda
Father-in-law, Andy
Sister-in-law, Rachel
Bother-in-law, Casey
Niece, Isabella
Grandma
Friends and co-workers

Family: 9
Friends/co-workers: at least 10

So, about 19 people plus the furkids :)

CathyBogart
11-07-2004, 11:28 AM
I usually try to get something for everyone in my family, but I think this year it's going to be parents, brother and sister, and my boyfriend. So 5.

Cincy'sMom
11-07-2004, 11:58 AM
Too many to count!!

18 dogs, 1 cat, 4 nephews, 2 neices, 1 goddaughter, 2 sets of parents, 1 set of grandparents, 6 sibings (+5 spouses) a couple aunts and uncles, some friends....yeah, I better get busy!!

Jods
11-07-2004, 12:13 PM
okay hmmmm

Mom
Dad
Brother
Brian
Brian's Mom
Brian's Dad
Brains Sisters- 3
My Grandma
Her husband
Brians Poppa

Thats it I think...

GraciesMommy
11-07-2004, 03:05 PM
Hubby
My Parents
MIL
My 2 kids
His 2 kids
one DIL
one DIL to be
4 grands total between us
Secret Pal at work
Secret Santa on pet forum I am on

Gracie

dogs_4_me
11-07-2004, 03:07 PM
I just buy gifts for my parents, close friends and of course emma and moco!

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-07-2004, 03:13 PM
My Mom
My Dad
My brother
My Aunt
My Uncles
My Grandma
All of their dogs and my dogs

Last year I bought each dog in my Culdesac (sp?) a toy.

manda_moo87
11-07-2004, 03:15 PM
Mom
Dad
Grandma
8 close friends
The cats and the bunnies

:D

sammy101
11-07-2004, 03:19 PM
too many to list:o :p

Tina
11-07-2004, 03:21 PM
My Hubby
My Kids (2)
Mom
Dad
Brother
Rob's Mom & Dad
sister-in-law
nephew
2 cousins
aunt- Jackie
aunt- Trish
Grandma
Grandpa
Fur-Babies

I try to give my 2 younger cousins money instead of buying for them. I don't know what to buy them really anymore.

carole
11-07-2004, 03:40 PM
I have to keep my xmas spending at a limit, I am determined not to go overboard this year and end up further in debt.

The list is not too big.
My children, Scott and Melissa.

Hubby and I usually get a Movie deal that we can both use, our xmas pressie to each other.

My sisters two children, Hayden and Charlene, they are adults now so it gets harder to find things on a limited budget,so we usually give them money.

and that is about it, my parents don't want us buying presents we cannot afford, as they have everything they need , so we ask them not to buy us anything either, but they usually get us something small.

My daughter likes to buy little gifts for her friends as well.

All our birthdays are close to xmas, from october onwards, so I always buy for those, and it becomes very expensive, so Xmas is downplayed a little, I consider giving Birthday presents more important, as it is the celebration of their life.:)

BitsyNaceyDog
11-07-2004, 09:12 PM
I buy for:
-Justin- my husband (and he buys for me) we always go small a DVD or CD or something like that
-my mom
-my dad
-my sister, Kati
-Justin's mom
-Justin's Dad
-Justin's sister, Lindsay
-Lindsay's boyfriend, Bobby
-Justin's sister, Diana
-Diana's ex-boyfriend who we are still close to
-My grandma
-My grandma's fiancee
-Justin's grandma
-and 5 close friends

Kfamr
11-07-2004, 09:26 PM
Animals:
(Dogs) Honey/Jesse/Cleatus, Gunner, Maylynn/Maytag/Angel, Chewy/Nipper, Duke, and sometimes I have a Christmas Swap with close friends on here. Of course, I buy for my pups as well.

(Cats) Caeleigh/Chloe/Orion

People:
Since we're usually tight on money we don't buy for everyone.
For a lot of people we'll just make a large tray of cookies/goodies for their family.
And most of the time we'll buy a gift for the family, instead of individual people in the family.

So i'd say around 10-15 families we buy for and then of course individual gifts between us (my mom, dad, brother, sister, and I)

DogLover9501
11-07-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Excellent thread for me to figure this out in.

I agree :D

-The dogs & cats(Piddle's is half done ;))
-My God-daughter
-Parents(2)
-Grandparents(3)
-Godparents(2)
-My aunt Janie and her cat :D

I think that's all!

Kater
11-07-2004, 09:37 PM
Nipo and Mele :D
Mom, Dad, 2 Brothers, Sister, 2 In-Laws
1 Niece and 1 unborn Nephew
1 Grandmother
2 Godparents
12-14 close friends

Man, I better get a move on! :o

heinz57_79
11-07-2004, 10:11 PM
First of all, let me just say that this year is the first time in many many years that I am actually looking forward to the holidays. :) As for people we're buying for....

Most of Bella's family:
2 sisters
1 mom and her hubby
7 nieces and nephews
6 or so cousins
at least half a dozen of the cousins' kids
my dad and step mom
a handful of people at work
at least a dozen friends
i know I've got one or 2 people on PT i'll be sending something to :)
Plus ourselves, the pups and kitties :)

lovemyshiba
11-07-2004, 10:16 PM
Dad
Stepmom
Mother in law
Brother
Sister
Niece

only 6:)

My husband and I usually buy a gift or two for each other as well.

And, of course, my parents' two dogs, my mother in law's 2 dogs, and our 4:cool:

wolflady
11-08-2004, 11:45 AM
Let's see...I have a pretty small family, so luckily I don't have too much shopping to do...especially with my limited budget.

my hubby
"The kids" - Scooter, Marius, Sergei and Priya
my mom
my dad
MIL
FIL
SIL + husband
my sister Laura + her new husband (she just got married!)
my sister Pam + her husband
my nephew

I would love to get gifts for all of my friends, but it's just not financially possible, so I have it limited to 3 - 4 really close friends. I usually make fudge or cookies or something to give out in general to people too. :)

PJ's Mom
11-08-2004, 11:47 AM
I buy for around 10 people and a handful of pets. :D

Tonya
11-08-2004, 12:46 PM
Mike and I both have two sets of parents. Along with that comes several sets of grandparents, brothers and sisters, sister in laws, and nephews. Christmas was starting to get really out of hand financially for us. This year, we decided that we'd buy for eachother, Jaden (our son), and the children under 15. We've got my 6 year old nephew, my 1 week old nephew, a 6 year old cousin and that's it. Plus, at Thanksgiving, we are going to draw names and buy one present for an adult. So, my list is down to 6 people. I like it so much better because I can afford to buy them better quality gifts instead of buying a ton of cheap gifts.

BCBlondie
11-08-2004, 12:53 PM
- 6 cousins
- 2 siblings
- 5 adults
- my 2 parents
- my four dogs and two cats
- my friends

Umm... so I guess that's over 20 people/furkids.. >.< Hopefully my parents will lend me some money!! I'm still trying to pay off Megan's surgery so I have a very tight budget.

teenster3
11-09-2004, 02:57 PM
Oh,
I don't have a specific count yet but, I'm going Christmas shopping this weekend. I've found a lot of good deals so far. So, I have to get out there & start shopping before they go off sale. :p
I'm NOT really looking forward to it this year. For some reason, I'm just not in the mood but I still like to decorate for Christmas! I think it's just frustrating buying for people that either have everything they need & want. Or the money can come into effect too if it's something expensive.
Let's hope I find some great deals this weekend!!!!
Tina :)

pitc9
11-09-2004, 03:33 PM
21 family members
4 friends
11 dogs
7 cats