PDA

View Full Version : Have you met somebody on Pet talk?

cookieluver7
11-06-2004, 07:51 PM
I was wondering if you met somebody you didnt know on pet talk? I met dogs_4_me (I know her real name but I don't know if she wants me to say it) and she is really awesome. And I met flamepony12 who made my awesome siggy and cool avatar. Did you meet anybody who you didnt know on pet talk before? If you haven't and you want to get to know somebody new, you can pm me. I love meeting new people from around the world!

CamCamPup33
11-06-2004, 07:58 PM
Do you mean like in person?

flamepony12
11-06-2004, 08:01 PM
I haven't met any PTers in person.

cookieluver7
11-06-2004, 08:05 PM
Yes I do mean in a person. Sorry I didn't make that clear enough.

flamepony12
11-06-2004, 08:07 PM
noap, never met any pters in person... I bet a lot of people haven't.

Kfamr
11-06-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by cookieluver7
And I met flamepony12 who made my awesome siggy and cool avatar.

Originally posted by flamepony12
I haven't met any PTers in person.

Yes I do mean in a person. Sorry I didn't make that clear enough.

HUH???

binka_nugget
11-06-2004, 08:08 PM
Yep! I've met Water_Junkie (doesn't post here anymore), Slick, Nomilynn, Crikit, RubyMutt, Veegan, Jenfer, Tikeyas_mom and Wolfsoul. I loved meeting them all! :D

CamCamPup33
11-06-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
HUH???

Ditto.

If you haven't and you want to get to know somebody new, you can pm me. I love meeting new people from around the world!

Did you really mean in person or not? Because it seems like you really DIDNT mean in person, but then changed it for some odd reason?

:confused: :confused:

Anyway, I haven't met anyone in RL on PT.

flamepony12
11-06-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
HUH???

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/fragend/confused-smiley-013.gif
i think she wants to know if anyone has met other PTers in person.http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/fragend/confused-smiley-013.gif

Kfamr
11-06-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by flamepony12
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/fragend/confused-smiley-013.gif
i think she wants to know if anyone has met other PTers in person.http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/fragend/confused-smiley-013.gif

I understand that, but she said she met you.
Which then you, said you haven't met anyone.

I have met several people.

TOO many to list.
I am going to Utah on the 19th to see wolf_Q once again.

Karen
11-06-2004, 08:13 PM
Lots and lots and lots of Pet Talkers.

First I met Sandra (tattsxxx11 - the person with the most posts) and Logan (also a prolific poster), and then we had Pet Talk Texas, and I met lbaker and Aly and Auggie and sammi and her husband Mike and one person who isn't a member here any more, and I met Smilla when she and her husband were going to move to Massachusetts from Texas - they used a real estate broker whose office is just below mine - how's that for a coincidence! and I met Jackie'sDaisy and Don'sPerry in San Diego, and carrie at Stonhenge in England, and lailamara in Toronto, and Barbara and Seigmar when they came here this summer, and Phred (Cinder & Smokey's dad) and Cataholic and moosmom and Ramanth and Andy, and mugsy and her Mike and Cincy's mom and gosh oh so many others at Pet Talk gatherings in Ohio, and lotsa Pet Talkers at Pet Talk PA when we had one of those - even Ashley and her dad and friend whom Jenluchenbach and I ended up literally running after to flag down, and Pam and Christian's mommy and gosh, so many people, and we'd love to meet even more!

Oh, and Paul, of course - he lives here!

NoahsMommy
11-06-2004, 08:15 PM
Yes, I've been to two PT meetings where I met lots of wonderful PTers. :)

Wolflady and I also live fairly close, so we get together as often as our distance permits. :) We'll be seeing each other during Thanksgiving. I'm so excited!

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-06-2004, 08:16 PM
I haven't yet but I would like to meet some people.

dogs_4_me
11-06-2004, 08:16 PM
I was wondering if you met somebody you didnt know on pet talk? I met dogs_4_me (I know her real name but I don't know if she wants me to say it) and she is really awesome. And I met flamepony12 who made my awesome siggy and cool avatar. Did you meet anybody who you didnt know on pet talk before? If you haven't and you want to get to know somebody new, you can pm me. I love meeting new people from around the world!

? You have never met me in person?

:confused:

cookieluver7
11-06-2004, 08:17 PM
I'm sorry I was lost in your question. I mean just as in e-mailing. But if you have met them in person, then you can say that too!

dogs_4_me
11-06-2004, 08:20 PM
I'm sorry I was lost in your question. I mean just as in e-mailing. But if you have met them in person, then you can say that too!

OOOO ok I get it. lol

Tonya
11-06-2004, 08:25 PM
Yes, Wolfchan has been to my house. I'll be meeting a few others at the cat show tomorrow. :D

carole
11-06-2004, 08:40 PM
Not very likely, but the one thing that makes me feel safe about being on PT is that so many of you have met, and so we all know these people exist and are genuine.

Part of me would like to meet some PTer's but part of me likes my privacy too much, and besides I am too shy really.:)

aly
11-06-2004, 10:21 PM
I've met about 12-15 PTers in person at various PT Texas gatherings :)

Rottieluver45
11-06-2004, 10:22 PM
I've met 2 Pters. :) Aly and Micki :)

molucass
11-06-2004, 10:25 PM
I've only met one PT'er in person. :)

I had a lot of fun though.

wolf_Q
11-06-2004, 10:25 PM
Yes I have. :) I met many people at one of the Ohio dog park gatherings...Shais_mom, Ramanth, Phred, Cincysmom/Sadiesdad, 4_dog_mom/5 dog dad, anna_66, Adoremydogs, Mugsy, Cataholic, All Creatures Great and Small, YellowLabLover, Moosmom, etc. (forgive me if I have left out any names, I'm tired) Though they probably all didn't realize I was there because I was so quiet. :o Then went to Rachel's (Countrywolf07) house in Ohio and she flew here to Utah in June. I met Kay (kfamr) in Ohio as well and she is flying here in a couple of weeks. I also went up to Canada and met Tracy (crikit) and Tasha (shelteez2)...and in Montana I met Corinna.

BCBlondie
11-06-2004, 10:49 PM
I talk to quite a few people on various instant messengers, and I've met AmberLee and KAK in real life... and I'm going to meet Tonya and a few others in real life TOMORROW!! :D I'm so excited!!!!

cloverfdx
11-06-2004, 11:36 PM
Nope but i would love to though ;). I would LOVE to fly out to Ohio for a PT gathering *In my dreams*.

micki76
11-07-2004, 12:06 AM
Yes! I've met aly, Rottieluver45, and PJ's Mom. :) And all their dogs. :D

manda_moo87
11-07-2004, 12:21 AM
Nope, I haven't met any PTer yet. I'd love to though!

krazyaboutkatz
11-07-2004, 12:40 AM
Yes, I've met quite a few.:) So far I've met AmberLee, BCBlondie, Wolflady, Noahsmommy, Gini, Slick, Richard, lbaker, Zippykat, Edwina's Secretary, Don Juan's Mom, RedHedd and The AntiPam.:) I've also talked to Shais_mom, Nomilynn, and Miss Meow on the phone.:) I hope I didn't leave anyone out.;)

I'll also be meeting Tonya for the first time at the cat show tomorrow.:)

Barbara
11-07-2004, 04:21 AM
I've met quite a few: Kona and Oreo's mom, Catsn'clay, Edwina's Secretary, Randi and her husband Jonza, Vio (as in Vio &Juni). When I was visiting Edwina's Secretary this year, we had a party and Tubby&Peanut's mom, Ramanth, Cataholic and Lillycat came.
Later I met Karen and Paul in Concord and went to see Sasvermont (plus her brats ;)). And there I met Vermontcat too.

Wow- that's 14 wonderful people!

Logan
11-07-2004, 05:25 AM
My list is somewhat shorter, but no less special. I've met Sandra (Tatxxx11) and of course, Star and Cody, Karen (Mayor) and DoggiesAretheBest (Souraya) and her husband, Andrew.

I've never met in person, but I have talked on the phone and communicated with Jackie (Jackiesdaisy), Pam, Rachel and K9Karen. Would love to meet more!

Samantha Puppy
11-07-2004, 06:43 AM
No, I've never met anyone from PT but I have met other people from other forums. Actually, my friends (husband and wife) from Scotland are some of my best friends now and the wife was in my wedding this past June. :)

BitsyNaceyDog
11-07-2004, 08:17 AM
No, I haven't met anyone. There needs to be another Florida PT meeting so I can meet Kay, Valerie, Libby, and all the other Florida PTers. I want to meet you guys.

Randi
11-07-2004, 08:26 AM
I have met Sirocco (Nita) twice in Sevilla, Spain and Edwina's Secretary & husband, and also Vio, when we visited Barbara & Siegmar in Munich. We had so much fun! :D

Cincy'sMom
11-07-2004, 08:28 AM
Well, first, SadiesDad is my husband, 4 Dog mother/5dogdad are my parents and Dakota'sMommy is my sister.

With the Ohio gatherings I have met sooo many PTers, I'm sure if I list them all, I will miss some, and I apoligize, but we have met ramanth and Fett, AdoreMyDogs, moosmom, Phred, Pitc9, Clara4457, Karen and Paul, shais_mom, Anna_66, Robilee, Cataholic, sirrahbed, sirrahved, sirrahned, Tubby& Peanut's Mom, YellowLabLover, All Creatures Great and Small, Gabbiegirl, Cyber-sibes, Mugsy, lizbud, Wolf-Q, Kfamr, Blustang24, and a few people who are no longer members (bnormal, and puppygrrl4eva7 are the two that come to mind).

On our trips to Florida, we got to meet Dukedogsmom ( and see Kfamr again) and Delidog.

Again, I apoligize if I have missed anyone!!

Dogz
11-07-2004, 08:42 AM
No, I have not met anybody from PT.

I am hoping to meet up with k9soul next September. :p

Cookiebaker
11-07-2004, 12:21 PM
I have met VermontCat and SASVermont. :) I am hoping to meet other someday, too. :)

Miranda_Rae
11-07-2004, 12:48 PM
Nope, I have not met anyone in real life....I highly doubt that I will too. :o lol....it would be fun though. :D

wolflady
11-07-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Yes, I've been to two PT meetings where I met lots of wonderful PTers. :)

Wolflady and I also live fairly close, so we get together as often as our distance permits. :) We'll be seeing each other during Thanksgiving. I'm so excited!

Yay! :D I just love NoahsMommy! I can't wait to see you! Hopefully I'll have some special furries for Micah by the time Thanksgiving rolls around...;)

I've met a lot of people from PT and they all have been wonderful. The southern CA PT BBQs are a blast! I can't wait for the 3rd annual PT BBQ! ;)

sirrahbed
11-07-2004, 01:08 PM
YES:D ...and what a treat! I attended the Labor Day Findlay Dog Park meeting and met too many great folks to even list and plan to return there again. Last month, hubby and I drove south and met catcrazylady(Lisa), jazzcat(Lori) and kimlovescats(Kim). Each person I met was like an old friend!! Several of them are folks I telephone regularly and I know will be lifelong friends as well. PT has become an important part of my life!!
I also have quite a few family members here! I will post them here:
Left to right..chrangharris is my DIL Christine, persianmom is her mom and my good friend, Carol(holding our granddaughter Misha), sirrahsim is my daughter Missy, that is me, Debbie, then sirrahved is my other DIL Devon:)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/ptgirls2.jpg

Edwina's Secretary
11-07-2004, 03:41 PM
Let's see....I've met Mugsy and her husband Mike, AmberLee, KAK, and Wolflady, Sudilar, Debbie of Peanut and Tubby, Barbara, Randi, Jonza, Vio, Ramanth, Cataholic, Lilycat, Gini, Richard, Zippy, Slick, lbaker, Noahsmom, Tuxlvr, and Efrat.

That's 22!

catnapper
11-07-2004, 04:27 PM
I have met Pam, Chritiansmommy, and Jenluckenbach. So many of you have become so dear to me, that even though I haven't met you face to face, I still FEEL like I met you! :D

Uabassoon
11-07-2004, 04:48 PM
I met Cayter (Foam) and Julie (goldenrtvlvr) last year at the Az pet talk meeting.

wolf_Q
11-07-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Dogz

I am hoping to meet up with k9soul next September. :p

I thought you met Holly's Mom? Weren't Holly and Prince in the same agility class or something?

dappledoxie
11-07-2004, 08:26 PM
I haven't met anyone yet, I wish I could! I've talked to a few on messengers :D

slleipnir
11-07-2004, 08:35 PM
Nope :( I hope to meet Kay and some other people in florida soon though..

Shelteez2
11-07-2004, 10:18 PM
Earlier this year I met wolf_Q and Crikit when Amy was up here. And in September I drove to Wyoming to meet Twisterdog.

Next year I'm hoping I can make a trip to BC to meet some of the BC PetTalkers. :)

catfancier
11-07-2004, 11:43 PM
If I were to meet someone, it would most likely be Carole, however we live in different cities and are at least about 7 hours drive away from each other! So, as she said, not likely :)

Lilith Cherry
11-08-2004, 12:00 AM
I haven't met anyone in person either ( and living for the most part in China I'm not likely to) but I feel like part of large loving family when I visit this site. I am usually able to read about you all but unfortunately not always able to post from here... you and your pets are in my heart though!:D

jenfer
11-08-2004, 12:37 AM
I have met: RubyMutt, Veegan, binka_nugget, Nomilynn, Corinna and Slick. :D

Barbara
11-08-2004, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by Barbara
I've met quite a few: Kona and Oreo's mom, Catsn'clay, Edwina's Secretary, Randi and her husband Jonza, Vio (as in Vio &Juni). When I was visiting Edwina's Secretary this year, we had a party and Tubby&Peanut's mom, Ramanth, Cataholic and Lillycat came.
Later I met Karen and Paul in Concord and went to see Sasvermont (plus her brats ;)). And there I met Vermontcat too.

Wow- that's 14 wonderful people!

Oh I knew I would forget someone: DoggiesaretheBest!

heinz57_79
11-08-2004, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
I met Cayter (Foam) and Julie (goldenrtvlvr) last year at the Az pet talk meeting.

What about me??? hehe I know Laura cuz we live in the same town, and we were actually friends before I joined PT. :) And hopefully I'll be meeting Cori (molucass) when she comes to visit her family in AZ.

QueenScoopalot
11-08-2004, 08:04 AM
Do people you've known before Pettalk count? if so Leslie, and Carla (catfamily). I just met Meg (catlover4ever) on Saturday! She's a sweetheart with a big heart who just adopted two very special kittens from me (Gracie & Gabriel). :D :D :D

Tonya
11-08-2004, 10:01 AM
Now I can say I have! I got to meet Krazyaboutkatz, AmberLee, WolfLady, and BCBlondie yesterday. We met up at Subway and then went to a catshow. It was alot of fun. :D

PJ's Mom
11-08-2004, 10:03 AM
We've met Aly and Micki and their pups. Aly has been the only "stranger" who's been able to pet Peej. (he's not a people dog) :D

guineapiggie13
11-08-2004, 10:35 AM
Nope, I wish I could meet someone, but not too many people live in the Niagara falls, Canada area. I'm surprised at how many people have met other people on this board!

dukedogsmom
11-08-2004, 10:38 AM
Yes I have! I met Kfamr first. Now, I'm at Anna_66's and tomorrow I get to meet Robilee. It's so cold up here! Not bad except when the wind blows.

Corinna
11-08-2004, 10:46 AM
I have met Wolf_q , slick,veegan,jenfer,and rubymutt.

trayi52
11-08-2004, 10:54 AM
No, but I would love to meet some of you. I would love to meet Kay, Jan, and Lorraine. I have talked to Jan and Lorraine on the phone before, but that is close as I have got to meeting anybody. I would love to meet all of you!

Willie:)

Fox-Gal
11-08-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Yes I have! I met Kfamr first. Now, I'm at Anna_66's and tomorrow I get to meet Robilee. It's so cold up here! Not bad except when the wind blows.

What I don't count?

I've meet 3 people form PT. Hope to one day get down a meet Delidog, she's so close, but just haven't had the chance too yet.

Christiansmommy
11-08-2004, 11:49 AM
I have met, in person, Sasvermont ( Gabe's angel ;)), Karen, Paul, Jenluckenback (and hubby), K9Karen, Pam ( my mom) :)), Aspen and Misty, lbaker, Britt( forget her screen name), Catnapper....and maybe a few more at a PA Pettalk, that i am forgetting right now :rolleyes: :)

lovemyshiba
11-08-2004, 02:24 PM
I've only met 2 people from Pet Talk, Denyce and Ashley (Aspen and Misty).
I really really really want to get to a gathering in Ohio one of these days--maybe next summer:)

I almost forgot--my stepmom, MaxandSpikesmom, is also a member, but is way too busy these days to post:)

wolfie
11-08-2004, 02:27 PM
no, I never have

Denyce
11-08-2004, 02:40 PM
I just saw this thread and yes..the only person I have met on here was Emily (lovemyshiba) ....*waving*

Denyce

popcornbird
11-08-2004, 03:17 PM
Never met anyone here in person, but I do email and IM several members, and we've become good friends off-PT....just not in person. ;) I have met PT'ers in person, in dreams though. LOL!

wolfsoul
11-08-2004, 03:37 PM
Yes, I have met Tikeyas_mom, binka_nugget, Slick, Nomilynn, Lirathal, cali, and Chibi_star. :)

CountryWolf07
11-08-2004, 06:40 PM
Just Amy (Wolf_Q) and KayAnn (Kfmar)..

guster girl
11-09-2004, 07:30 AM
I've met Aly!

jazzcat
11-09-2004, 09:49 PM
I've met Sirrahbed, Sirrahned and Kimlovescats.:D

Kater
11-10-2004, 01:12 AM
I have had the pleasure of meeting Laura (YellowLabLover) and her Mom (All Creatures Great and Small). 'Twas good fun (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48590)! :D

davidpizzica
11-10-2004, 02:55 AM
I guess it's no secret to anyone that I've met moosmom (Donna) on PT. We burn up the PMs amnd the phne lines talking to each other. Eventually we definitely will see each other!

ramanth
11-10-2004, 08:28 AM
I've met a number of wonderful people thru Pet Talk. :D

Mostly thru the Findlay Dog Park meetings, but I also had the pleasure of visiting AdoreMyDogs, Mugsy, Moosmom, Edwina's Secretary, Tubby & Peanuts Mom, and 4 Dog Mother, in their own homes! :D

Kona & Oreo's mom
11-10-2004, 09:23 AM
I was lucky enough to meet Barbara and Siegmar when they were visiting San Diego. That was so nice!

pitc9
11-10-2004, 09:27 AM
The pups and I made the 3 1/2 hour drive to Findlay last fall and got to meet TONS of PTers. Waaay to many to list.

I tried to make it back out for the last meeting, but just couldn't do it. :(

Blustang24
11-10-2004, 09:56 AM
I don't think I have met Kfamr. Don't know if I want to either!

LOL j/k
She's practically my sister!!! hehehe :D ;)

I've met Val(dukedogsmom), Libby (Fox-gal), a good portion(whoever was there Memorial Weekend 2004) of the Findlay, Ohio group and that's about it.

Queen of Poop
11-10-2004, 10:03 AM
I haven't met anyone yet. But hello everyone, my real name is Gayle.

Killearn Kitties
11-10-2004, 12:04 PM
I met Lynne Stankard just last month and I'm going to meet her again next weekend at a cat show. PayItForward and PaysForIt will also be there.

I feel as if I've met so many more than that though! Hopefully one day I will meet more in person.

Vio&Juni
11-10-2004, 03:59 PM
He-he, I think every PT I met mentioned me already :) I met Barbara (and Siegmar), Edwina's Secretary (and Don), Randi and John las year and I visited again Barbara this year. I hope to make it one time to the Findley "gathuring".

:D :D Just imagined what I would have to say at the visa interview - I am going to meet hoomans :)

DogLover9501
11-10-2004, 04:10 PM
No I haven't :(

But I hope to meet lots of PTers someday/some year :p

Holly's mom
11-10-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Dogz

Gee, thanks alot, Emma!!:( Guess I'm nobody... :p

Cincy'sMom
11-10-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Vio&Juni
He-he, I think every PT I met mentioned me already :) I met Barbara (and Siegmar), Edwina's Secretary (and Don), Randi and John las year and I visited again Barbara this year. I hope to make it one time to the Findley "gathuring".

:D :D Just imagined what I would have to say at the visa interview - I am going to meet hoomans :)

Don't forget the puppers!!! :D

I certainly didn't (and I bet Anna and Staci didn't either) think our little play time for the puppies would turn into such a huge gathering, that we have been able to welcome people from all over the US and maybe someday our friends from overseas! Yeah for PT!!

rizzy
11-10-2004, 06:51 PM
I've only met Dogz, and I talk to camcampup33 on Aim. I'd like to meet alot of you though...:):D