PDA

View Full Version : Kim's Tucker:(

rg_girlca
11-06-2004, 04:29 PM
I just received an e-mail from Kim.
She asked if I could post this for her.

It is with great sadness that I have to tell you that her beloved Tucker has FIP.

She will be saying her goodbyes to her dear boy this weekend, as Monday he will PTS.

My heart goes out to you Kim. Words cannot express how I am feeling right now.

My prayers will be with you and Tucker on Monday.

lizzielou742
11-06-2004, 04:30 PM
OMG, this is horrible! Kim, I'm so sorry. :( Poor Tucker man. :( :( :( :(

K & L
11-06-2004, 04:31 PM
Oh this is just so sad. I'm so sorry Kim. If you need to chat, I'm here. My heart goes out to you.

guster girl
11-06-2004, 04:33 PM
I'm so sorry. :(

sirrahbed
11-06-2004, 04:40 PM
((((Kim))))):(
I have no words for what you must be feeling.
Tucker has been your love and we all know that. No love is "too much" Kim:(

manda_moo87
11-06-2004, 04:41 PM
Oh no... :( poor sweet Tucker. Take care Kim, you are in my thoughts.

RedHedd
11-06-2004, 04:51 PM
Oh no! Our thoughts are with you Kim. Play hard at the RB, sweet Tucker man. Say hi to my Goldie and all the others who've left us. :(

catcrazylady
11-06-2004, 04:54 PM
Oh Kim I just don't know what in the world to say.:( :( :( I'm crying for you and I'm crying for Tucker. I know you must be completely broken hearted. I can only offer you my shoulder dear friend. We are here for you when you're ready. Please let Tucker know how much he is loved by us all. We pray for him to have an easy trip to the bridge where he will be well and whole once again. I'm also praying very hard that God will grant you peace in your heart and that you always remember what a wonderful home you gave sweet Tucker.

God Bless you and your family.

ChrisH
11-06-2004, 04:58 PM
Oh, no. :( Kim, I am so, so sad for you and your Tucker man. {{Big hugs}}

Samantha Puppy
11-06-2004, 05:02 PM
So sorry to hear that... let us know if there's anything you need. Have a wonderful, WONDERFUL weekend with Tucker. :(

Lacey
11-06-2004, 05:28 PM
Oh! How terrible! Poor Kim and poor Tucker! :( :( :( My thoughts and prayers are with you both!

NoahsMommy
11-06-2004, 05:50 PM
No :(

I'm so sorry Kim. I know Tucker is your heart kitty, I'm so sorry. :( :( :( :( :( :(

Tucker, sweet boy. We'll all miss you dearly, but none as much as your wonderful mommy.

:(

jazzzytina
11-06-2004, 05:52 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Tucker. {{{{hugs}}}} We're all here for you.

Love, Tina

DogLover9501
11-06-2004, 05:57 PM
Oh no :( :(

Kim, I am so sorry :(

I hope you don't think it's because you loved him more than you should, because I agree that no love is too much!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

You will be missed, Tucker :(

trayi52
11-06-2004, 05:58 PM
Oh, Kim, I am so sorry to hear about Tucker. If you need anything at all I am here for you, girlfriend.

Willie:(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-06-2004, 06:00 PM
OMG, Kim, I am SO sorry to hear this. I know nothing we say can console you right now, but know that we are here for you and are grieving with you. You know Tucker Man will be in a better place and will be a big healthy boy again at RB.

I'm so sorry....:(

catnapper
11-06-2004, 06:08 PM
Oh dear Kim! This is such terrible news :( I am here if you need anyone to talk to. {{{HUGS}}}

Laura's Babies
11-06-2004, 06:38 PM
I cried so hard when I first read this that I couldn't respond. It felt like it was one of mine I was loosing. I am still to upset to respond, just let Kim know she is in my prayers when you talk to her.

prechrswife
11-06-2004, 09:25 PM
I'm so very sorry.:(

Uniqueviking
11-06-2004, 09:30 PM
Oh no! I'm so sorry :(

AmberLee
11-06-2004, 09:52 PM
{{{Kim}}}

I'm so sorry to hear of this. My prayers will be with you. Tucker will soon be out of pain. May treasuring the memory of the love you have shared bring a measure of comfort.

Vermontcat
11-06-2004, 09:56 PM
Kim, I am so sad to hear this.:(
I know how special your sweet Tucker boy is to you.
Enjoy every minute you have with him.
Hugs to you and Tucker man from me and Samantha.

slick
11-06-2004, 10:05 PM
This is so sad....and I'm sorry that I have no words to comfort you at a time like this. Your heart must be breaking in two.

{{{HUGS}}} Kim. :( :(

christa
11-06-2004, 10:09 PM
Oh, Kim . . . my heart sunk when I read the news about Tucker. I am so sorry.

I will be praying for you to have strength Monday & in your last days with your Tucker man.

I am truly sorry . . . my heart is breaking for you.

QueenScoopalot
11-06-2004, 10:21 PM
:( :( :( Kim, I'm so terribly sorry to hear this. Keep it always in your heart, that he knew true love. So many kitties don't.

shais_mom
11-06-2004, 11:36 PM
my heart is breaking for you Kim. I can't imagine what you are going thru.....
Please accept my love and sympathy.

wolf_Q
11-06-2004, 11:39 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. I know that Tucker has been very special to you. :( {{hugs}}

gini
11-07-2004, 12:20 AM
My heart goes out to you in this huge loss. Please accept a big hug and know that all of us are here for you.

krazyaboutkatz
11-07-2004, 12:56 AM
Kim, I'm so sorry to hear this sad news.:( Please remember that we're all here for you if and when you need us. RIP sweet Tucker. Please take care Kim. {{{HUGS}}}

Kirsten
11-07-2004, 02:19 AM
OMG!!! :( :( :( I'm really really sorry to hear this, these are dreadful news!

I hate and fear this disease from the bottom of my heart, since the day I lost my Aysche from it, back in 1986.

Kim, I'm thinking of you and poor Tucker; I know how much you love him! He'll be without pain and suffering at the RB.

Kirsten

catfamily
11-07-2004, 03:33 AM
Oh Kim...I truly am so sorry for your sadness at this time.Please know that your baby will rest now with no more pain.Tell your baby you'll be with him later on in life.That's what I said to my KiKi.I said "Don't worry KiKi...I'll be with you soon because life is short so you won't be alone for long".:(

popcornbird
11-07-2004, 03:35 AM
Oh Kim, I responded to the Tucker thread in General, but have to post here too. :( I know Tucker means sooo much to you, and my heart is breaking into a million pieces right now. :( Such terribly sad news. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. We will all be here for you during this difficult and sad time. {{{hugs}}}

cubby31682
11-07-2004, 05:21 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that Kim.

jenluckenbach
11-07-2004, 06:38 AM
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I am devestated to hear such sad news. :(:( Good bye, my favorite Tucker boy. You were loved and you will continue to be loved in our memories.

Kim, I had this happen to me in 1996, so if you want to talk please PM or e-mail.

smokey the elder
11-07-2004, 07:51 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry!

kimlovescats
11-07-2004, 12:57 PM
First of all let me say how much all of your prayers and concerns and words of love, mean to me. This is such an unbearable time for me right now, and just knowing that you are here for me is a gentle relief.

Tucker felt warm to me yesterday and was going to his litterbox every few minutes with no results. I was sure that he had a urinary blockage, so I rushed him to the Emergency Vets, as my vets' office had just closed about an hour before. (of course)

I had to leave Tucker there for about 30 minutes while I ran my youngest daughter to work. I told them briefly what he had been treated for, and that I thought he was blocked. When I returned a mere 30 minutes later, they had a vial of yellowish fluid that they had drawn from his abdomen. :( This is the tell-tale giveaway of FIP. He was not blocked, but he was constipated. After my initial outburst of emotion, I asked what could I do to make him more comfortable in the present time. They suggested I leave him for about 3 hours, so they could give him an enema to relieve the constipation. So.... I went home in my cloud of disbelief to wait until 6pm. Jerry was at his Dad's house watching the UT game, so I just waited to tell him until he got back home.

I picked my baby boy up at 6:00 and brought him home. Jerry returned only minutes later, and we cried together over our baby boy. It just seems so unfair, and hard to accept at this point. :(

Tucker slept on me most of the night, as he loves to do, and I will lie here for as long as he has, to allow him to be close to me. It just seems so hard to believe, because he is eating pretty well now, even without the stimulant ... but I know he is not his "normal" self.

Jerry and I have decided that tomorrow we will only inform my vet about the weekend horror, and ask her LOTS of questions. We want to know if periodic draining of the fluid in his belly will help him at all. We will do whatever we can to extend his time here with us. As long as he is able to comfortably give and receive love, then he will NOT be PTS!!!!! The Emergency vet also gave us a 7-day supply of pain medication to give him, but right now he doesn't seem notably in pain. Yesterday when he was constipated, YES he was in pain to the touch ... would hollar and even growl at me, but not since he got some relief.

We are going to do whatever is necessary for as long as my Tucker man tells me that he still wants to keep trying!

Please continue to pray that he will thrive a bit longer, and that when his time comes, he will pass gently in our loving arms. I really do not want to have to take him anywhere again at this point. I am also going to ask my vet about possibly having him PTS here at home, in our bed ... when the time comes.

Kim

catcrazylady
11-07-2004, 01:14 PM
Kim it's so hard to type through the tears. I think you are doing everything right. I woulnd't PTS until you know it's the right thing for him. I think everything you said is what I would want to do myself.
May God Bless you all and I pray for more quality time with Tucker. Please God, we need another miracle!

catfamily
11-07-2004, 01:25 PM
I'm so sorry for this.Tucker..Poor baby Tucker.Prayers are on the way.:(

kuhio98
11-07-2004, 01:40 PM
Too sad to think of something inspirational to say. Prayers are being said in Alaska for you, Tucker. Kim, if you need ANYTHING, please just let us know.

Kfamr
11-07-2004, 01:54 PM
I'm very sorry, Kim. :(
If there's anything you need, let me know.

Kirsten
11-07-2004, 02:03 PM
Oh ((((((((((Kim))))))))))))!!! :( :( :(

Kirsten

NKBurlington
11-07-2004, 02:37 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss.

:(

Edwina's Secretary
11-07-2004, 03:25 PM
My heart is breaking for you Kim.....

Randi
11-07-2004, 04:12 PM
Kim, I'm so sorry about Tucker. :( :( :(

emily_the_spoiled
11-07-2004, 04:30 PM
As I read this thread I have tears streaming down my face. I know there is nothing that I can say that would help or others haven't already said.

My heart goes out to you and Tucker this weekend.

Cheryl

AbbyMom
11-07-2004, 04:40 PM
I'm so sorry. Prayers & hugs.