PDA

View Full Version : Trick or Cocaine?

Kfamr
11-06-2004, 02:04 PM
My mom just read off a little artical in the news paper..
How a little girl brought a large amount of crack cocaine to school.
They confronted the mother, but she said she must have gotten it while trick-or-treating.

I'm going to see if I can find an artical online and get more info about it.

lizzielou742
11-06-2004, 03:14 PM
Pfffffth yeah right! Trick or treating?? That's crazy!

lbaker
11-06-2004, 03:19 PM
I read about this in the Washington Post and could only think "yeah right" what kind of neighborhood does this "mother" let her child walk around in alone if that is even somewhat, remotely likely to happen. Chances are the child found it at home :mad: What a cheap cop-out :mad: As if someone who does that stuff is going to give out $1,000 of drugs to a kid. Sure.

p.s. Kay, please give my fav Simba a special kiss on the nose from me. I love that dog.

luckies4me
11-06-2004, 03:25 PM
Sounds very unlikely but when I was in the 9th grade someone in our neighborhood gave out acid tabs. I had no idea what it was until I asked my mom. It read "who has the last laugh" Then one year as I am sure most Californians know, a man laced a bunch of Halloween candy and for about 2 years after that many people stopped trick or treating.

Kfamr
11-06-2004, 03:35 PM
Yeah, and the artical said something about the mother gave the school the wrong home address in the first place.

I can't find any articals online.. maybe i'm just not looking in the right places. :p

sirrahved
11-06-2004, 06:16 PM
Awwww c'mon!!!! Do I have to choose just one?

micki76
11-06-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
As if someone who does that stuff is going to give out $1,000 of drugs to a kid. Sure.

My thoughts exactly. :rolleyes:

cookieluver7
11-06-2004, 08:07 PM
That could possibly happen. That's why an adult should always check candy before you eat it. I know it sounds kind of babyish but you never know. I'm sure that little girl's parents would have never guessed that she would got cocaine in her candy bag!

Kfamr
11-06-2004, 08:38 PM
Here's a story I found.

Six-Year-Old Brings Crack Cocaine to Orange County School
The Associated Press
Published: Nov 5, 2004

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - An Orange County first grader who brought to school more than $1,000 worth of crack cocaine has been suspended and her mother is under investigation.
The 6-year-old girl from Tangelo Park Elementary said she found the bag of more than a dozen pieces of crack at home, according to sheriff's deputies. But her mother said she must have gotten it trick-or-treating.

The sheriff's office says they may never be able to prove from where the crack came.

School officials sent a letter home with students on Thursday, explaining how an anti-drug campaign led another student to recognize the crack and reassuring parents their children are safe.

Following Monday's incident, the girl was removed from the classroom in accordance with district policy. Tangelo Park's principal said the girl's mother used a false address to get her into the school, so the child won't be coming back.

As part of the investigation, the Department of Children and Families has stepped in to interview the mother.

Not returning calls for comment were the school, the sheriff's office and DCF.

http://ap.tbo.com/ap/florida/MGBQUWBT61E.html

QueenScoopalot
11-07-2004, 09:18 PM
:eek: :eek: Negligent mother IMO! Good thing the child didn't eat it thinking it was some sugary treat. Then I'm sure mom would be facing some much deserved, and much more serious charges! :mad: