in the pro active area to combat drug addiction. Check it out and
see what I mean.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/3973979.stm

luckies4me
11-06-2004, 03:28 PM
Very sad. :(

cookieluver7
11-06-2004, 08:27 PM
That is so terrible. It is disgusting. But thanks for reminding the world that drugs are nothing to play with. I couldn't believe that that lady was only 38 on the last picture, but looked about 60. I always say that I won't do drugs, but that was definatly a big reminder to not even think about doing drugs. Thanks again for sharing that to remind the world. It is sad and disguting.

Tonya
11-06-2004, 08:34 PM
There's a guy that grew up with my brothers, he lived a few houses down from us. At 8-13 year old, he would come over and play with my brothers. Well, he took a turn for the worse around 14 or so. Over the past 8 years, I've watched him degrade like that. I swear, at 23 he looked like that. This past year, I'd see him with a sign panhandling, wearing the same dirty ragged clothes for weeks. I couldn't believe a kid from a normal middle class family could degrade so badly! Well, I just got a phone call from a friend a few weeks ago. He'd slashed a guy's wrists and throat and had left him for dead. When they arrested him and put him in jail, he hung himself with the sheets in his cell. In some ways, it's no shock because of how badly he looked the last time I saw him. But, it just blows me away that a cute kid from a middle class family can be torn apart from drugs like that in a matter of years.

They should use those photos more often. It really takes the glamour away from drug use.

GraciesMommy
11-06-2004, 08:38 PM
That is really sad..I hope this tactic does some good

nibblets
11-10-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
, it just blows me away that a cute kid from a middle class family can be torn apart from drugs like that in a matter of years.

Thats the nature of the beast...Its an evil substance and it eats away their souls. I know a struggling recovering heroin addict, and what it does to their shell is nothing compared to the damage it does to their self worth.

My Peanuts
11-10-2004, 02:59 PM
I think that is an excellent tactic to deter people from starting, but probably will be ineffective on existing addicts. The US and other countries should use similar methods.

lizbud
11-10-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by My Peanuts
I think that is an excellent tactic to deter people from starting, but probably will be ineffective on existing addicts. The US and other countries should use similar methods.

I agree. The addicted probably don't see the changes in themselves. This could be a good deterant to those tempted
to try hard drugs. At least, appeal to their sense of glamor and
good looks, if not to their over all health.

Twisterdog
11-10-2004, 10:16 PM
We have these billboards in our town. I hope it helps. This town is developing a serious meth problem, to be sure.

:(