PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever had a senior moment?

KYS
11-06-2004, 09:13 AM
Talk about a senior moment. :confused:
About 2 months ago, I woke up and let Rocky outside.
About 20 minutes later I went to get Sheba
from the bedroom to let her out.
She was no where in the house. I was a bit upset
because I do not remember letting her out with Rocky.
My aunt said letting the dogs out is so routine I probably just
wasn't paying attention when I let the dogs out.

Yesturday morning, Rocky was acting very clingy.
He normally jumps on the bed for me to let him outside
at a certain time.
He didn't and I had to tell him to go outside.
I than went to get Sheba from the bedroom and
she was no where in the house. I found her outside.
This time I know I did not let her out and
she must have been outside all night.
Rocky and Sheba's coloring is a bit similar
so when I went to bed and glance over,
I probably thought Rocky was Sheba.
I felt so bad that my poor girl was out all night.
Lucky it did not rain and
she has a nice thick fur to keep her warm.
It was probably around 65 degrees last night.
I told my aunt, I was so upset.
I have to be much more
careful and make sure she is in the house. :(

My Poor baby! My poor mind!

K9soul
11-06-2004, 09:51 AM
Aww Karen, are you stressed with a lot on your mind? That can really take a toll on your thought process. I know times when I have been particularly under a lot of stress or a lot going on, I keep forgetting things. You didn't mean to leave her out, and I'm sure she was just fine. Don't be upset with yourself. There's been a time or two I put the dogs out and then went to do something else while they were out and forgot they were out. I'd suddenly realize after awhile that they were still out and go to the door and they are standing looking in so bewildered, I just felt SO bad. I know for me, sometimes when I'm trying to take care of the house, my work, errands, so on and so on, my mind can get overwhelmed trying to remember and think of everything.

KYS
11-06-2004, 12:07 PM
Thankyou,

I do have a lot on my mind lately.
Thankyou so much for your insight. :)

RobiLee
11-06-2004, 12:17 PM
Don't feel bad, Karen. I've been known to do silly things like that also. I've been know to put one of the girls out and then later on wonder where one of them are only to have someone tell me that I put her outside. I swear sometimes I think I'm losing my mind ;)

I'm Sheba was just fine. I'll bet she sure was happy when you finally opened up that door though. Give that beautiful girl a hug and kiss from me!

Robin :)

senorita02
11-06-2004, 12:24 PM
oH Im sure Sheba was fine, she proably would of barked if she wanted in that bad, I know Face would bark up a storm!
And at least the temp was good!

Cincy'sMom
11-06-2004, 12:25 PM
I too have forgotten the dogs were outside, or woke up early, put them out nd then fallen back asleep! Luckily they all love to be outside, and when they do want in, Sadie pounds on the window! ( she's only broekn 1 so far!)

micki76
11-06-2004, 04:11 PM
I've never left one outside (we have a pet door), but I left Chester in the travel crate once after I got home. I came in and put the crate down in the back bedroom, and the phone rang. I talked for about 10 minutes, went to the bathroom, put laundry in the washer, got a snack and sat down. I ate, watched TV, did more laundry, and cleaned the kitchen. Suddenly, I realized that I hadn't seen Chester in a while and started looking for him. I couldn't find him anywhere! I checked the backyard, the closets, the garage, I even checked the dryer. No Chester. Then it hit me! He was STILL in the travel crate! :o He was fine and just had a loooonnnggg nap!

I'm sure Sheba was fine, and she might even want to sleep outside again sometime! I used to find my Westie outside in the middle of the night all the time. He'd just go out and lay in the yard and sleep. :)

Chica
11-06-2004, 09:09 PM
HELLO, :(
YOU POOR,POOR WOMAN!!:( YOU ARE LOOSING IT!!:D

MAYBE YOU HAVE WAY TO MUCH ON YOUR MIND.:rolleyes:

YOU SHOULD GET RIDE OF SOME BAD STUFF AND CLEAR YOUR HEAD LIKE WE GET RIDE OF VIRUSES ON OUR COMPUTERS SO THEY WORK BETTER!!HE!HE! :D :D

KYS
11-07-2004, 08:28 AM
Thank you everybody for your kind words. :)
Sheba is fine, the morning this happened she
did not even act upset .