PDA

View Full Version : Another white coats visit... :(

Samantha Puppy
11-06-2004, 09:12 AM
Well, Kirin's URI doesn't seem to be clearing up with the L-Lysine or the shower vapors. This morning, he woke up and his runny nose wasn't clear anymore, it was yellowish-green. So I called the white coats and we have to go in at 11:30. It's not our regular vet - they're only open every other Saturday - so I hope this one will be okay for this one visit. :(

Sushi's still getting ointment in his eyes for his conjunctivitis, which he hates, but he seems to be doing well with it. His eyes look great, but we're still putting the ointment on for the full 10 days just to make sure.

I will let you all know how Kirin's white coat visit goes if you'd like. Send good thoughts out to him - I know the visit itself will go fine, I just hope that the doctor can give us something to help this cold go away.

prechrswife
11-06-2004, 09:38 AM
I hope everything goes well. We went through this with Chloe when we brought her home from the shelter. It is very frustrating, but it is worth all of the trouble in the end. I can thoroughly sympathize with your situation.

catcrazylady
11-06-2004, 09:47 AM
I'm sorry to hear you are still going through this with the babies. The sad truth is that most of the shelter cats and kittens end up getting sick. They usually don't have a very good start in life and its so much easier for them to pick up every little germ and virus.
I know this is very frustrating for you but just remember that you are helping these poor little ones get well and you will be rewarded with lots and lots of love for years to come.
Hang in there and let us know how the visit goes.

kimlovescats
11-06-2004, 10:07 AM
Of course we want an update. Good luck!;)

Samantha Puppy
11-06-2004, 11:53 AM
Well, we're back - $33 poorer and with no medication for Kirin. She said that because he was still eating fine, acting fine, playing and drinking like normal, she was hesitant to give him antibiotics because it would give him diarrhea which would make him feel worse. So I am to keep on keeping an eye on him to make sure he still eats, keep on giving him L-Lysine, and doing the shower vapors. *sigh* That's fine, but I just wish there was something to GIVE him that would make him feel better! This is so frustrating. :(

I am thinking of going to get some powdered terramycin anyway. I've been doing the L-Lysine and showers for almost three weeks now and it's not doing anything. I don't feel like I'm doing anything to help him feel better and breathe easier!

:(

Laura's Babies
11-06-2004, 01:04 PM
Remember this little gir, Yetta? She was a shelter kitty that was VERY sick when Mike adopted her, she is well and happy now, growing like weed and fat as can be. Point being, Mike said she was worth every dime he spent getting her well.... (don't know if he got any gray hair from the worring about her because he shaves his head)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid145/p0b9208faba2b71072a9c87ff2c5d1dff/f65b4c2b.jpg

Hang in there Mommie, baby will get better!

rg_girlca
11-06-2004, 02:28 PM
Those darn URI's seem to last forever.
Hang in there and give it a little more time. You are doing all the right things for your baby. Such a good meowmie.:)
Since Kirin is still acting fine, playing and eating well, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Obviously like any good meowmie, it bothers us more than it does them.
No one likes to see their precious little one sick.

(((((HUGS))))) to you.

lizzielou742
11-06-2004, 02:30 PM
Aw, poor thing. Hope it clears up soon. :(

Samantha Puppy
11-06-2004, 04:24 PM
Well, he just ate a little food but not much. Sushi's still in there chowin'. :rolleyes: I got some terramycin and put in their water. When they have access to Sam's they prefer drinking it to their own so I'm thinking I may have to "lock" them up tonight so that they will only drink the treated water. I hate doing that since they've been allowed to roam at night but I don't know what else to do to *make sure* he gets medicine. *sigh*

Thanks for the vote of confidence everyone. It's worrying me a touch that he didn't eat much tonight but maybe he's just not that hungry right now and will go back to finish it.

:)

catnapper
11-06-2004, 06:22 PM
Poor Kirin! I promise you'll get through this and he'll be healthy as a horse!

catfamily
11-07-2004, 04:05 AM
Sounds like 3 weeks of Clindimycin will do the trick.I hope he gets better soon.I'm sorry for your worrying.I know it's stressful seeing your pet not feel well.

catmandu
11-07-2004, 12:43 PM
Please keep us updated,on Kirin,and Sushi,The Found Cats,and I,are praying harder,than ever!!!