PDA

View Full Version : Please say some prayers for Uniqueviking's Beans

Kirsten
11-06-2004, 06:05 AM
May I ask for some prayers and positive thoughts for Uniqueviking's Beans? You know, that poor girl (4 years old) has been diagnosed with a severe heart velve defect in April this year, and was only given two more months...

Well, as it turned out, she was responding to her heart meds better than the vets have expected, and her state improved and she was doing so much better... but now the entire kitty gang picked up a cold, and it has affected poor Beans very badly. Beans got a high temperature and a bad eye infection, and she was coughing a bit, and you know how easily a flu can affect the heart muscle, especially when your heart is weak anyway.

Yesterday, things looked very bad for Beans and the vet came for an emergency visit. She has suspected poor Beans had fluid in her lungs (which means the heart started failing), and she was given strong antibiotics and diuretics. UV was told if she wouldn't show any improvement during the next two weeks, it was time for the inevitable. :(

Now I have just spoken to UV on the phone, and it looks like Beans is showing some improvement today. She's eating and drinking, and is displaying her sweet and loving purrsonality as usual. It's very obvious that she's a fighter and that she doesn't want to leave her meowmie. Her temperature seems to go down a bit right now, so it looks like the antibiotics are kicking in already, but the diuretics don't show any effect - this is why UV thinks she may have no fluid in her lungs, but pneumonia instead.

Beans' condition, however, is still serious enough, even though it doesn't look as hopeless as it did 24 hours ago. So I would like to ask for some PT prayers for Uniqueviking and her beloved Beans, because I know these positive vibes helped many kitties here in the past.

Thanks,
Kirsten

This is precious Beans btw:
http://www.uniqueviking.com/Pic3.jpg

catcrazylady
11-06-2004, 06:13 AM
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this!! The last report was that Beans was doing so much better than anyone expected. She really is a fighter and has gone way beyond anyones expectations. Prayers are on the way for sweet Beans and I hope she surprises everyone again. At least it sounds like there may be some imporvement.

UV our thoughts are with you and Beans and prayers are being said.
Sweet and gentle kissies to Beans and a huge {{{{HUG}}}} to you UV!
Keep us posted and thank you so much for letting us know Kirsten.

Kirsten
11-06-2004, 06:53 AM
Thanks a lot! :)

Yes, I hope Beans will prove again that the vets are wrong about her!

Kirsten

QueenScoopalot
11-06-2004, 07:30 AM
Come on Beans...you can pull out of this sweetie. ;) I've had kittens in the past that developed pneumonia. Of course during the weekend one of seven tiny ones was layed out gasping for air. I luckily had some Zithromax tablets on hand, and cut a piece off and plunked it down the kitten's throat. The very next day, the kitten was bouncing off the walls once again! :eek: It works very well for pneumonia. ;)

smokey the elder
11-06-2004, 07:30 AM
Purr-ayers on the way for Beans. Get better soon, sweetie.

Laura's Babies
11-06-2004, 07:37 AM
Beans, you can do it sweetie, come on and get get well. Prayers are on their way for Beans and Mommie.

ChrisH
11-06-2004, 07:38 AM
Prayers on the way for Beans.

K & L
11-06-2004, 08:01 AM
Oh no! Poor Beans and the rest of the gang. Well wishes sent Beans way!

catmandu
11-06-2004, 08:37 AM
The Found Cats,have just received a wonderful parcel,from unique viking,and beans,and soon the Wonderful Cat NipToys,will be,on thier way,to Our Dear Friend Beans,and Friends,along,with Our Prayers!

jazzzytina
11-06-2004, 08:59 AM
Beans, you can make it...you're too special to be sick! We love you and we're praying and rooting for you!

Get well soon!

Love,
Tina & the crew

Uniqueviking
11-06-2004, 10:42 AM
Thank you all. Very much appreciated :)

Corinna
11-06-2004, 11:26 AM
Prayers for Beans from Montana.

sirrahbed
11-06-2004, 12:01 PM
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/party/party-smiley-006.gifPlease get well soon Beans!

trayi52
11-06-2004, 12:41 PM
Get well wishes to you Beans, and prayers are on the way!

Willie

rg_girlca
11-06-2004, 02:02 PM
Come on Beans, you've surprised everyone before by getting better the first time and being a fighter. So please do it again, one more time for meowmie and for us.

Prayers on the way for Beans and the other kitties.
(((((HUGS))))) to you UV.

lizzielou742
11-06-2004, 02:29 PM
I will keep Beans and Uniqueviking in my thoughts. Hope Beans continues to improve.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-06-2004, 05:45 PM
Positive thoughts and prayers going out to Beans and you too UV! Please get better real soon Beans! You know how your meowmy worries about you.

NoahsMommy
11-06-2004, 05:57 PM
Poor UV and poor Beans. :(

I'll be praying for you both.

krazyaboutkatz
11-07-2004, 01:06 AM
Poor Beans.:( Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care.

catfamily
11-07-2004, 03:38 AM
OMG I am praying very hard for Beans recovery.This is scary for you I know.I really hope she gets back to where she was before she got sick.Sounds like there's lots of hope there.

Kirsten
11-07-2004, 05:15 AM
Thanks everyone! Looks like your prayers and well-wishes have already helped a bit.

UV gave me a brief update this morning and it looks like Beans is doing a bit better. She wanted to cuddle and followed her meowmie to the kitchen to get her food. She's on Hill's Ocean Fish now which has a very strong smell, so it's easy to "hide" the meds in there, and Beans really like that food!

She still seems to have some temperature though, but not as much as two days ago.

Kirsten

catcrazylady
11-07-2004, 06:57 AM
Oh Kirsten that is great news! I hope and pray that it just continues to get better and better!
Thanks for the update!!

Uniqueviking
11-07-2004, 07:08 AM
Again, thank you everybody :)

Yes, Beans seems to be doing better today. She was very interested when I cleaned the cat TV (fish bowl) and is also demanding her cuddles now, so she's definitely doing better. She still goes up and down when it comes to the fever, though.

She's on 40 miligram Clamoxyl twice a day for 10 days + her usual heart meds (Fortekor, 5 miligram) + diuretics.

As there seems to be nothing to flush out, I still believe it's "just" pneumonia and not both pneumonia + fluids in the lungs as she was diagnosed.

I'm hoping my princess will prove the white coats wrong again!!!

...and yes, Hill's Adult Ocean Fish (soft food) stinks, lol.