PDA

View Full Version : I met two shop cats today.....

carole
11-06-2004, 06:01 AM
I just had to tell you guys about this, My hubby and I went to the garden centre on the other side of town to pick up some plants for our hanging baskets, we don't ususally go over that way much, and discovered a pet store we have never seen before.

So naturally we stopped to check it out, roaming around the store was a young fully grown tortie cat, I tryed to pet her , but she was too timid, after browsing around at all the cool kittie stuff, I asked the shop owner if it were her cat.

She explained there were two cats Miska, and Smokey, I met smokey later, he was the most stunning kitty, beautiful bushy tail, long haired dark gray and white face, and very friendly the brother of Miska.

Apparently the mother of the cats was a stray feral, who had the kittens in the front garden of the shop, the owners took them in intending to find homes,(they have five of their own at home) but fell in love with them, she had them spayed and neutered and the mother as well, they both live happily in the shop, with lovely big beds to sleep on and the best of food, they believe the mother is too wild to be captured and re-homed, but she is also taken care of by them.

Just thought what neat people and a lovely story to tell you all, I am waiting for my sister to get back from aussie with my Dads new digi camera, and then i am going to go over there and take photos of them both, I told the owner that, and she seemed happy enough for me to do so.

catcrazylady
11-06-2004, 06:35 AM
Isn't that wonderful! I know we all hear so much bad but there are so many wonderful animal loving people out there. I can't wait until you pictures! You know how we are about those photo's!
I guess you have found a new place to shop!:D :D :D

QueenScoopalot
11-06-2004, 07:33 AM
I'm so glad the shop owners did something about the mom & kittens! So many people overlook ferals, and don't seem to even notice them unless kittens are involved. Smart move on their behalf to get them all altered! ;)

smokey the elder
11-06-2004, 07:42 AM
Before Halloween I went to a farm stand to purchase a pumpkin. A gorgeous tabby and white cat was monitoring the proceedings, and came up and asked for pets. Her name is Princess, and the farmer rescued her 5 years ago. She's spayed, and the "official" greeter.

Laura's Babies
11-06-2004, 07:43 AM
Don't you love people like that and a business that has pets?? Where I get my car inspected, they have a beautiful cat that has free roam of the place.. Of coarse, we talk "cats" when I go.

catmandu
11-06-2004, 08:51 AM
I dont know,if Iwould trust A Pet Food store,with no Resident Pets,all the ones,that I patronize,have wonderful Pets,to greet thier Customers!

carole
11-06-2004, 08:35 PM
Actually Gary, this is the only shop in my city that has resident cats, they donot sell pets there, only food and accessories, the others all have pets for sale but no resident kitties, so it was a nice find, and yes I will be paying them more visits from now on.:)