PDA

View Full Version : Back from the hospital, again!

NoahsMommy
11-05-2004, 10:54 PM
On Tuesday, I was having another painful attack. My medication wasn't working, so at 4:30 a.m. David took me to the ER. I just woke up from a nap, but got to come home at 4 p.m. this afternoon.

It wasn't a bad stay until last night when I was moved to a room with an older woman who had surgery to correct a bowel obstruction. She was vomiting all night and then, well the other end all day. :eek: :( I felt really bad for her.

It was my typical attack, it just got out of hand because my new meds weren't strong enough. I have to meet with my doctor next week about that.

Anyway, I just wanted to update you. I posted in General late Tuesday and was pretty frantic. I didn't want anyone to worry.

Laura's Babies
11-05-2004, 11:03 PM
:( Hope you are alright now...Get some rest, sounds like you need that more than anything right now!

shais_mom
11-05-2004, 11:55 PM
hope you feel better soon Kelly!

ChrisH
11-06-2004, 06:21 AM
Thanks for the update, Kelly. I think those of us who saw Tuesday's thread were all getting worried.

Hope you get the right meds next week and that you are feeing much better soon.

{{hugs}}
Chris

catcrazylady
11-06-2004, 06:37 AM
Kelly I'm so sorry to hear this. You poor thing. Prayers are on the way from me and my crew. Get some rest and take care of yourself and update us when you can.

Laura's Babies
11-06-2004, 08:05 AM
How are you this morning?

catmandu
11-06-2004, 08:34 AM
Weare gald,taht you are home,and that your Feline Doctors,will soon attend,to you,and make,you all better,again.

NoahsMommy
11-06-2004, 12:51 PM
I am feeling better this morning. I'm just worried the pain will come back and I wont have the medication to deal with it.

I'm really looking forward to starting my new job on Monday. :) I'll try to stay focused on that instead.

Laura's Babies
11-06-2004, 12:58 PM
I don't know what pain meds you have but I have heard that if you can take them before the pain gets out of control, like when you first start feeling it, that it works better.. Can you try that next time you feel it coming rather than wait till it gets really bad?

NoahsMommy
11-06-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
I don't know what pain meds you have but I have heard that if you can take them before the pain gets out of control, like when you first start feeling it, that it works better. Can you try that next time you feel it coming rather than wait till it gets really bad?
That's exactly what I do. When the meds don't work or I don't catch it in time, I end up in the hospital. :(

sirrahbed
11-06-2004, 01:32 PM
I am glad to hear from you Kelly. I did read about your attack in General and wondered how it would affect your new job!!! So good to know you are feeling better and have not started the job yet - I had no idea - GREAT!:) Now - I have said my prayer to ask God to please help you keep the pain under control!

catnapper
11-06-2004, 07:04 PM
Sorry to hear that! You didn't sound well the other day. Please get plenty of rest and purr therapy and think good things for Monday!

NoahsMommy
11-06-2004, 08:00 PM
:) Thanks guys, the kitties are being perfect nurses. I don't think Micah has let me out of his site since I've been back. For the first few hours I was home, he sat there and stared at me, it was so wierd.

krazyaboutkatz
11-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Kelly, I'm sorry to hear that you were very sick again.:( Please get well soon and let your furkids help take care of you.:)

catfamily
11-07-2004, 03:46 AM
Kelly I'm sorry you have to go through this.I really hope everything gets straightened out soon.We love you and take care of yourself.Rest Rest Rest.Maybe a nice warm bath too.