PDA

View Full Version : Body Art

GraciesMommy
11-05-2004, 05:58 PM
Thought this might be interesting

GraciesMommy
11-05-2004, 06:00 PM
Well I should have added 5 choices stating "I have both tattoos and piercings....

I have body piercing AND tattoos
Body piercing being belly ring
and 4 collective tattoos...
butterfly and "Brad" in one area
and humming bird and yellow rose in one area

GiantSchnauzer
11-05-2004, 06:01 PM
I have 4 tattoos and 3 piercings in each ear.

guineapiglover4ever
11-05-2004, 06:02 PM
well i said neither i havemy ear peirced 2 times

RubyMutt
11-05-2004, 06:36 PM
I have both :)

Kfamr
11-05-2004, 06:38 PM
One day, I will have both.

I'd like to get my ears pierced and guaged -- as well as my lip pierced.

I'd also like to get a tattoo of Simba on me somewhere.

guster girl
11-05-2004, 06:51 PM
I have my ears pierced once a piece and my belly button is also pierced. I have another piercing I want to get, and, have seriously considered getting a libret. I also want to get a tatoo, but, I'm taking my time deciding what and where. :) I love body art, it's no different than any other form, in my opinion. I wouldn't personally go to any extremes on my own body, but, hey, I am fascinated by others who do. :)

Tonya
11-05-2004, 06:55 PM
I have a few tattoos. Normally, my belly button is pierced, but since I'm pregnant, I had to take it out. I've also had my tongue and nose pierced once upon a time.

Freckles
11-05-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I'd like to get my ears pierced and guaged -- as well as my lip pierced.
In this context, what does guaged mean?

guster girl
11-05-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Freckles
In this context, what does guaged mean?

I think it's when you have a pierced ear, and, you slowly increase the size of the hole. Have you ever seen someone with a huge hole in the ear and you can see through the cylinder they have in the hole? That's what it means. I tried to find a photo, but, gave up. :)

Kfamr
11-05-2004, 07:12 PM
Yes, Kari is right.
It's where you slowly, over time, make the hole larger. I don't want a HUGE hole, but I want it larger than "normal"

I believe Laura (UABassoon) has her ears gauged.

Here is a picture I found on the net.
http://www.bodymod.org/pierce/PierceImages/857/BodyModDOTorg-BM_RightEar-Small.gif

However, I don't want it that large. :p
Here's my friend Nicole, who has her ears gauged. :)
http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v37/lucky259/wedding_206.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/zero911/ef0c.jpg
(She also has a monroe, which is the little dot near her lips. )

Freckles
11-05-2004, 07:26 PM
Good heavens!:eek:

guster girl
11-05-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr

http://www.boomspeed.com/zero911/ef0c.jpg

Good gracious, she's beautiful! I think she'd look amazing with a libret, too. People with nice lips always look good with that piercing.

zippy-kat
11-05-2004, 07:56 PM
I have 5 piercings and 1 (small -- it's on my toe) tattoo.

heinz57_79
11-05-2004, 08:13 PM
I have piercings and tattoos. 8 tattoos, plus my belly and tongue pierced. Then there's the "normal" piercings in my ears. :)

dogs_4_me
11-05-2004, 08:16 PM
I have no peircings or tattoos.:p

Corinna
11-05-2004, 08:35 PM
I got "daring " according to my kids and had my ears doulbed peaiced 2 summers ago. This from my daughter who has a gothic bat on her backside.
I'd like a tat of a whale but hubby thiks its dumb. I'll eventually do it.

dappledoxie
11-05-2004, 09:25 PM
I have tattos and piercings. I've got two tats, one on my lower back and one on my left shoudler blade. I have my ears pierced three times each and one time also in the cartilage. I also have my belly button pierced. :) I want another tattoo :D and more piercings too in my ears though.

QueenScoopalot
11-05-2004, 09:27 PM
Ditto on the ears pierced twice...but not any guts, or interest for a tatoo, or any other things like that. I'm getting a little too up there in age to bother anyway LOL! ;)

GraciesMommy
11-05-2004, 09:30 PM
I got my first tattoo on my 35th bday...my last one at age 42...got my belly ring this year for my 44th bday. My mom is 62 and got her one and only tattoo at the age of 60..but she is a 'young 62"

My hubby just added "forever and always" under his "Pamela" my angel tattoo...(arm)

binka_nugget
11-05-2004, 09:59 PM
I have nine piercings and one retired piercing.

I have six 14 gauge lobe piercings (I use regular studs but I can easily get a 14 gauge ring in them), an 18 gauge helix piercing (my most recent one), a 14 gauge side lip piercing, a 14 gauge eyebrow piercing and a retired 14 gauge septum piercing. After grad pictures, I'd like to get two more lip piercings (middle and side), a nostril piercing, tragus, industrial, conch, daith and rook.

Eyebrow, lip and septum
http://img89.exs.cx/img89/9750/septum.jpg

lobes and my beloved helix (I got it done yesterday! I love it! :D)
http://img106.exs.cx/img106/8908/ear.jpg

As for tattoos, I'd like to get tiny paw prints going up my leg.. but we'll see how I feel about that when I'm old enough. ;)

KYS
11-05-2004, 10:13 PM
I marked facial piercing because my
ears (earings) are attached to my face. lol

manda_moo87
11-05-2004, 10:25 PM
I've only got one ear piercing on each ear, I'm hoping for 3 though. I'm hoping to get a few tatoos someday... definately one of like maybe a heart with a paw print in it or something. :)

PJ's Mom
11-05-2004, 11:30 PM
I'm never getting any tattoos, but I do have 2 holes in each ear. :p I may get another someday but for now... :D

BCBlondie
11-06-2004, 12:08 AM
I have three piercings in each ear (one being a cartilage piercing). I want to get a nose ring (like a stud on the side of my nose), but my boss won't let me get any more piercings. :( I've been thinking about getting a tattoo on/near my ankle. I already have the design picked out. :)

wolf_Q
11-06-2004, 11:19 PM
Both of my ears are pierced twice. There's very few piercings that I like, most of them do not appeal to me. I have no tattoos, though eventually I might like a small one around my ankle or something...I'd have to not live with my parents to do that however, my mom was mad when I got the 2nd ear piercing. :rolleyes: I would kind of like to have my ear cartilage pierced and I rather like the eyebrow piercing, though it's not likely I'd ever do that.

Nomilynn
11-06-2004, 11:57 PM
I have several in my ears, my helix, and one nipple. I had my eyebrow done but it had to come out today because it was being rejected :( I'll get it redone in the new year, and eventually I'll do my other nipple, my nose, my lip and possibly more in the ears :)

Edited to add:

I will also eventually get paw prints walking across my lower back. Hehe.. it happens in real life so why not give them a map? :D