PDA

View Full Version : Terramycin

Samantha Puppy
11-05-2004, 04:05 PM
Okay, I got Terramycin as someone suggested (to mix in Kirin and Sushi's water to help clear up their respective infections) but it comes in a tube/ointment form. Is this right? I was expecting powder. The directions say to apply it topically. Is this the sort of terramycin I was supposed to get or did I screw up?

catfamily
11-05-2004, 04:31 PM
That is only for use in eye only.And be careful not to let the tip of the tube touch the eye to scratch it.This will clear up conjunctivitis or other eye problems that DON"T have eye puncture wounds or a scratch in it.Those you would need something else.Good Luck.

Craftlady
11-05-2004, 04:44 PM
powder form (http://store.yahoo.com/animalmedicstore/ter343conbyp.html)

This stuff is nothing to mess with in powder form it appears to be very powerful. According to this site it's given to farm animals. Nothing mentioned about domestic animals.

Fox-Gal
11-05-2004, 04:51 PM
Powered form, is what you wanted.

And yes it is for farm anaimals, given to animals as small as baby chickens. All baby chickens should get it for the frist few weeks of their life, so it's not that strong.

Yes it also says it can be given to cow pigs etc, but that almost the whole bag at one time. I deal with it evey day almost and it covers a LARGE range of animals. How I found out about it was from my vet, who said it is fine for the cats and dogs as well as our chickens and goats.

If you still want it go to a local feed store and get it. They always have the powered on hand.

Samantha Puppy
11-05-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Fox-Gal
Powered form, is what you wanted.

And yes it is for farm anaimals, given to animals as small as baby chickens. All baby chickens should get it for the frist few weeks of their life, so it's not that strong.

Yes it also says it can be given to cow pigs etc, but that almost the whole bag at one time. I deal with it evey day almost and it covers a LARGE range of animals. How I found out about it was from my vet, who said it is fine for the cats and dogs as well as our chickens and goats.

If you still want it go to a local feed store and get it. They always have the powered on hand. Daaaaaaaaaaaamn.

Oh well... guess I have something to put in their eyes next time one of them gets conjunctivitis. :rolleyes: Sheesh.

catmandu
11-06-2004, 09:14 AM
The one time,taht I used it,years ago,with Michael,it was a powder.