PDA

View Full Version : New for your commute: Soap Operas!

DJFyrewolf36
11-05-2004, 12:40 PM
Writing's on the Wall for Lovelorn Cypriot

Nov 3, 8:37 AM (ET)

NICOSIA (Reuters) - Andri's heart remains frozen, it seems, so her ex is forcing Cypriot motorists to listen to his tale of love lost.

The mystery graffiti artist has been spraying anguished messages to Andri across flyover bridges on an island motorway, hoping to thaw the heart of the woman he loves as she drives by.

"Andri come back," he has written.

"It broke me to see you with someone else" ... "Andri I want you" ... "Andri you are my life," he scrawled on bridges on a 15 km stretch of road from Paphos in the west to southern Limassol.

Thousands of drivers have been following the affair for weeks -- and now the daily newspaper Politis has urged Andri to do something to put everyone out of their misery.

But love can quickly turn to anger or even hate, say locals following the artist's turbulent mood swings who have watched his words get scrubbed out only to be renewed.

"He wasn't that complimentary a month ago. By the time we got to the last bridge he was swearing at her," one driver said.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe Andri should talk to him? :confused: Poor guy....

Maresche
11-05-2004, 12:42 PM
I'm thinking Andri should get as far away from him as possible. He sounds pretty darn certifiable to me.... Swearing at her through grafitti on a bridge overpass?!?

LKPike
11-05-2004, 12:48 PM
whatever happened to telephone... letter... email???