PDA

View Full Version : Andy needs prayers...

ramanth
11-05-2004, 10:16 AM
Halloween weekend, Andy woke up out of deep sleep at 7 a.m. gasping for breath. He assumed he was having an asthma attack or allergic reaction to Kia.

Well, he went to the doctors today because he was still having shortness of breath...

The doctors took x-rays and found the problem.

His right lung patially collapsed. O_o

The doctors are putting him in the ER overnight for observation. I'm trying not to freak out but the doctors told him he was lucky he didn't die. :eek :(

ahhh!! Why doesn't he take better care of himself!? *cries* :( :(

When Andy was in high school, his left lung collapsed.

WRR
11-05-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by ramanth
Halloween weekend, Andy woke up out of deep sleep at 7 a.m. gasping for breath. He assumed he was having an asthma attack or allergic reaction to Kia.

Well, he went to the doctors today because he was still having shortness of breath...

The doctors took x-rays and found the problem.

His right lung patially collapsed. O_o

The doctors are putting him in the ER overnight for observation. I'm trying not to freak out but the doctors told him he was lucky he didn't die. :eek :(

When Andy was in high school, his left lung collapsed.

wow......thats very scary!!! Prayers yalls way from our pack for sure.

cloverfdx
11-05-2004, 10:19 AM
Oh Kimmy i am so sorry :(. Get well wishes and prayers on the way for Andy.

{{Hugs}}

:(

Karen
11-05-2004, 10:23 AM
As an asthmatic who has been hospitalized twice for it, I know not breathing is NOT fun! Poor Andy, prayers on the way for him! Can Spider-dog visit him in the hospital?

catnapper
11-05-2004, 10:36 AM
How terrifying! On Halloween night too! I hope he will heal fine. You both are in my prayers.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-05-2004, 10:55 AM
:eek: :eek: Oh my! How scary for both him and you! I will definitely be keeping you and Andy in my thoughts and prayers!

But, I have a question. I know nothing about asthma except that you can't get enough breath, but is having your lungs collapse a common thing with asthmatics? I've never heard of anyone just.....have a lung collapse. :eek: I mean, if he was playing football or something and took a hard hit I could understand, but just sleeping away and your lung collapses? That's really scary!

Tonya
11-05-2004, 11:17 AM
How scary! I'll be praying for him.

Lilith Cherry
11-05-2004, 11:19 AM
Poor Andy and you too of course! Prayers and goodthoughts speeding towards you both!

ramanth
11-05-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
But, I have a question. I know nothing about asthma except that you can't get enough breath, but is having your lungs collapse a common thing with asthmatics? I've never heard of anyone just.....have a lung collapse. :eek: I mean, if he was playing football or something and took a hard hit I could understand, but just sleeping away and your lung collapses? That's really scary!

You know, Debbie, I don't know, but I suspect it's because of his overall size. He's such a skinny boy.

I can't remember what caused his lung to collapse when he was in high school, but I know it wasn't from sports.

He had asthma and allergies real bad as a kid. His asthma went away over time and he's still allergic to cats but Kia doesn't bother him. So when he couldn't breath that Sat. morning, he wondered if his asthma or allergies to dogs were coming back. He hadn't taken meds for it in years.

He did pull a muscle moving bookcases a few weeks ago and the doctors said that could of triggered it too.

moosmom
11-05-2004, 11:37 AM
Oh Kimmy,

I'm so sorry to hear about Andy. I hope and pray he'll get better soon. If taking Eli will be a problem, PLEASE let me know. I can always figure something else out. Andy's health is what is important.

Prayers coming your way!!

Love and hugs,

Donna

Cinder & Smoke
11-05-2004, 11:46 AM
Hi God ~

Need sum of Your Help fur wunna our Hoomin Buddies down here
onna ole Durt Ball - Mr. Andy - Kia's DAD.

Pleeze Help him get his lungz pumped up an werkin rite -
we jest kant have Spidey-Boy *gaspin* fur breath.

An maybee You kuld wrap Miz Kimmy inna GodsPaw {{{HUGG}}} ~
she's purdy wurried bout Mr. Andy.

Kia sez "Thankx" fur Your Help gettin her feelin better, God.
She'll be Krossin he Pawz fur Andy now.

Thanks God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

Edwina's Secretary
11-05-2004, 11:49 AM
Kimmy...please tell Andy I am thinking of him...and you!

Killearn Kitties
11-05-2004, 11:56 AM
Thinking of you and Andy and wishing you all the best.

ramanth
11-05-2004, 11:59 AM
Thanks everyone! I'm heading out of work now and will keep you updated.

Dogz
11-05-2004, 12:18 PM
Hi, Kimmy -

Our best thoughts are with you, and we hope that Andy makes a speedy recovery! Yes, please do keep us posted.

Lots of love,

Emma, Chubby, Digger, Prince, Otis, Soda & Cracker

lizzielou742
11-05-2004, 01:48 PM
Hoping for the best. :)

4 Dog Mother
11-05-2004, 02:10 PM
You tell Andy that if being Spiderman and keepng the world from all evil is destroying his health, he will just have to stop!

I cannot imagine how terrifying not being able to breathe would be - or maybe I can and can't stand the thought of it! Will keep you and Andy in prayers.

pitc9
11-05-2004, 02:13 PM
OMG, I couldn't imagine how scary that had to be for you both!!!

Prayers and good thoughts to you and Andy!!!

davidpizzica
11-05-2004, 02:29 PM
Kimmy, heartfelt prayers for you and Andy are coming from Pittsburgh! Please keep us informed.

Barbara
11-05-2004, 02:45 PM
My best thoughts coming over to Andy and you! This sounds really scary- it's good to hear he gets all the medical attention he needs.

popcornbird
11-05-2004, 02:51 PM
Oh my gosh! How scary for both of you. :( :eek: I will be keeping Andy in my thoughts, and praying for his speedy recovery. Please keep us updated.

petslover
11-05-2004, 02:57 PM
I can't imagine how scary this is for you both. I will put Andy in my prayers right now. God Bless him and God Bless you for being strong and being by his side at this. Your a great person!

cookieluver7
11-05-2004, 03:46 PM
I am so sorry for what happened. Yes, he does need prayers and I most definatly will pray for him. Try your best not to freak out. I hope he gets well soon:( . {{*HUGS*}}

RubyMutt
11-05-2004, 05:18 PM
Oh no :( I hope Andy can come home soon! You both will be in my thoughts.

lizbud
11-05-2004, 05:38 PM
Kim,

Andy will be in my thoughts and prayers also. I hope he's
feeling better soon. Hang in there.:) {{Hugs}} Liz.

Kfamr
11-05-2004, 06:43 PM
Oh dear. :(

Please tell Andy that we're thinking of him, and that Nala thinks he gives the best belly rubs ever. ;) I know I have a picture of him loving on my girl!

We'll be thinking of you guys!

zippy-kat
11-05-2004, 08:03 PM
{{thinking of y'all}}

ramanth
11-05-2004, 08:07 PM
Hey guys. :) Andy says hi. He looks pretty banged up. They have him on oxygen and they inserted a tube into his chest. It's scary looking! :eek:

Since they cut the muscle he said it hurts to move or move his right arm. They have the IV in the left arm.

He started to eat his dinner when suddenly all the color drained from his face and he felt nauseous. The nurse gave him another dose of pain meds and he started to feel better.

I guess if is lung inflates by tomorrow, he'll be able to come home. We won't know till the doctor takes new x-rays.

Visiting hours start at 10 a.m. so I'll be heading over to keep him company.

He didn't want me to leave and it broke my heart because I had too. (visiting hours ended at 8 p.m. and the nurses said I couldn't stay :( )

K9soul
11-05-2004, 08:13 PM
Oh wow I just saw this Kimmy. How frightening :(. Andy will most definitely be in my thoughts and prayers, and you will too. I know this is awfully hard for you to watch and worry over. Best wishes for both of you, I hope he gets to come home tomorrow. {{HUGS}}

Corinna
11-05-2004, 08:44 PM
Glad to hear things seem to be getting better. I know about those lung collapses Tim had one from his cancer surgery . Yhey didn't roll him during his 8 hour surgery .
Could the fibers from the costume have triggered this reaction? I know my son has to be careful he hasn't had an ashmatic episode for about 10 years (since we came here to Montana)

ramanth
11-05-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
Could the fibers from the costume have triggered this reaction? I know my son has to be careful he hasn't had an ashmatic episode for about 10 years (since we came here to Montana)
Nope.

It's all about his size. He's 6' and when they weighed him at the hospital he's only at 122 lbs! :eek:

Pretty much his body isn't properly supporting his internal organs. :(

QueenScoopalot
11-05-2004, 09:09 PM
How horribly frightening for you both! :eek: Prayers coming from the East Coast for a speedy recovery for Andy. That fiancee of yours needs some more meat on his bones!! ;) Gee....I wish I still weighed 122 Lbs! And then again I wish I was 6' tall. Very best wishes that all works out. ;)

Cincy'sMom
11-05-2004, 09:13 PM
Sounds like you need to bulk that boy up!!

I think the hardest part would be leaving him alone at the hospital :( I suppose it may help him rest though.

Hope things go well and he can come home soon!

lovemyshiba
11-05-2004, 11:28 PM
I'm sorry, I'm just seeing this now.
I will keep you both in my prayers.:(

shais_mom
11-05-2004, 11:57 PM
prayers being sent Kimmy and Andy!

BCBlondie
11-06-2004, 12:02 AM
Yikes!!! :( I hope he gets better soon!

Miss Meow
11-06-2004, 12:04 AM
How scary for you both. I'm so glad Andy got to the hospital in time - and I'm sorry they kicked you out after visiting hours.

{{{hugs}}} to you both.

ChrisH
11-06-2004, 06:08 AM
Prayers on the way for your dear Andy. {{big hugs}} to you both.

Chris

Corinna
11-06-2004, 11:13 AM
I can understand the small frame too. Ben was only 5' 3" tall weighing about 6o lbs 2 1/2 years ago . Now 6' and weighs 140. I have always had to fight him to eat. some days he eats like a horse then goes a couple days not eating enough to keep a fly alive.
May sound like a silly thing but it helps keep Ben and his weight up Those drinks for seinors. he adds them to his reg daily schedual usually 2-3 a day.

After talking to mil hubby had same weight problem too as a kid. I met him 6'1' and 170 . after we got married 6'3" 180.after 15 year of marriage.
just before cancer stuff 6'5 200. now 10years after 6'5" and 235 just right.
Marry that boy soon and fatten him up:D
Sending many good vibes for you both.

Cinder & Smoke
11-06-2004, 11:29 AM
We're all Praying that lung puffs up today and they
Kick him OUT this afternoon!! ;)

If they insist on "keeping" him another night -
try talking to the Charge Nurse before visiting hours are over -
see if he/she will bend the rules and let you stay till bed-time.

Whenever Mom was hospitalized, I tried to be "helpful" by assisting
at meal times and doing the little things - drinking water filled, pillow fluffed,
*watch* the IV, go *find* the
Nurse rather than turn on the call light...
I found that a "helpfull visitor" was a *welcome* visitor!

FEEL BETTER ~ SOON ~ Andy!! ;)

trayi52
11-06-2004, 12:04 PM
Sending prayer and good thoughts your way. I know how scarey that must have been for you. Tell Andy, we are all thinking of him right now, and sending get well wishes to him that he may be well soon.

Willie

ramanth
11-06-2004, 12:18 PM
Well, Andy is home (at his parents house), but the doctors want the chest tube to stay in until Monday. :(

You can imagine he's not too happy about that.

So he's here and resting and has a bell if he needs anything. We have to keep the door shut because Kia keeps trying to jump on him. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the good vibes everyone. :)

Cincy'sMom
11-06-2004, 12:20 PM
Glad to hear Andy is home! We'lss still be thinking about all of you though.

NoahsMommy
11-06-2004, 01:14 PM
:( You poor things! :(

I'll be keeping you and Andy in my prayers.

RobiLee
11-06-2004, 01:40 PM
Kimmy and Andy, I'm just now seeing this. I'm sorry that you are going through such a difficult time. I'm glad to hear that Andy is home though. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Lots of hugs for you both.....Robin

mugsy
11-06-2004, 02:13 PM
Good vibes coming from the Kendalls in Ft Wayne! I'm sorry also, I didn't see this until just now.

Mike sends Andy a message....Boy, you need to gain some weight!! Mike says you can have all of his extra weight...set up an appointment and they can have it transferred! :)

Anyway, we're glad he's feeling better and was able to come home. What a scare that had to be. If you need anything, you have our phone number!

Cinder & Smoke
11-06-2004, 02:18 PM
:)

Oh HAPPIE DAZE!!! :D

Well, Andy is home (at his parents' house)...

... has a bell if he needs anything.

* Ding-a-Ling!! * :cool:

:eek:
Ring that Bell WUN More Tyme... :D

Kfamr
11-06-2004, 02:21 PM
Poor Andy! Glad he's home now, though. Hey.. I have some weight he can borrow! Nah.. he can KEEP it!! :p

Aww, Poor Kia just wants to make sure her daddy is okay. ;)

mugsy
11-06-2004, 03:43 PM
Well, if Kay is willing to share, I guess I can too!! I just figured that Andy would rather have male weight than female weight, but, if he's not discriminating, I'll donate about 100 pounds!

Vio&Juni
11-06-2004, 04:31 PM
My sister is very slim, though not that bad. Get well, Andy!

moosmom
11-06-2004, 05:17 PM
Kimmy,

I'm glad that Andy is home. He'll probably heal better in his own surroundings.

Don't worry about LilEli, he's not going anywhere and, neither am I. It looks like I'm staying in Michigan afterall. Long story.

Glad the prayers worked. Call me when you get a chance.

Love and hugs,

Donna

Corinna
11-06-2004, 06:41 PM
Glad hes home put me down for a donation of about 50lbs.

DogLover9501
11-06-2004, 06:43 PM
Glad hes home put me down for a donation of about 50lbs.

Me too ;) :p

I, too, am glad he's home!

Kfamr
11-06-2004, 06:48 PM
Wait now girls.. Mike, Molly, and I have donated first. :p We don't want him weighing around 500 lbs!! :p

flamepony12
11-06-2004, 07:00 PM
I'm so sorry! how scary!! :eek: I'm so glad he's okay, I would say put me down for a donation, if all these people weren't already donating! :p I wouldn't be able to donate that much, I only weigh 115 lbs. =\
Glad he's okay!!! :D

AmberLee
11-06-2004, 07:29 PM
So glad that he's home and better now. Adding my prayers that he continues to heal quickly.

Gosh, that must have been tough for you both.

robinh
11-06-2004, 08:30 PM
Been gone all day - just saw this message. Best wishes for both of you. Hope Andy is back to being himself soon. Those nutritional drinks are great for putting a little weight on.

BTW - I'll donate a few pounds. :o

wolf_Q
11-06-2004, 10:28 PM
I didn't see this message until now. I'm glad he is home, I hope he's feeling better now!

krazyaboutkatz
11-07-2004, 12:26 AM
I'm just now seeing this thread. I'm glad that Andy's home now and doing well. Prayers and positive thoughts are on there way. Please take care and fatten him up.

ChrisH
11-07-2004, 02:18 PM
So glad to hear Andy is home. How's he doing today Kimmy?

Barbara
11-07-2004, 02:36 PM
If they let him go home it must be better than before:) Hope this development continues!

ramanth
11-08-2004, 08:25 PM
Well, good news and not so good news.

Today we went to the hospital and after 3 hours of waiting, Andy finally got some x-rays taken.

His lung is inflated, but when he checked the chest tube, bubbles appeared, meaning there is a still a leak and air in his chest cavity.

He has to keep the chest tube in until Thursday now. :(

Andy's really starting to get depressed about this.

Logan
11-08-2004, 09:17 PM
Kimmy, I'm keeping Andy and you in my prayers. I'm so sorry that there are still problems.

rosethecopycat
11-08-2004, 10:20 PM

[/B]

That's why you are there for him.

Some people need some extra sets of eyes on them to keep them on track.

I'm glad he's got a person who cares so much about him.

Prayers rising.

Rose

Cincy'sMom
11-09-2004, 09:36 AM
Sorry to hear Andy is still having issues. He is in our thoughts.

ramanth
11-09-2004, 10:12 AM
Andy says hi and thanks. These are a few pics he had me take.

http://www.cutestsandgirl.com/images/misc_images/andy_hospital/bed.jpg

http://www.cutestsandgirl.com/images/misc_images/andy_hospital/bed2.jpg

His mom got some pics of Kia playing 'nurse maid'. I'll see if I can get a copy. :)

Cataholic
11-09-2004, 10:56 AM
****waves really hard**** Hi Andy! Please, please get better! Praying for you here in Cinti!

Barbara
11-09-2004, 12:42 PM
Hi Andi, if you are like me then you hate being in a hospital. But it will change and get better again and I am sure Kimmy and Kia do what they can for you!

ramanth
11-09-2004, 02:18 PM
Here are some pictures while he was home resting:

A much needed smile:
http://www.cutestsandgirl.com/images/misc_images/andy_hospital/thepatientpatient.jpg

Keeping company:
http://www.cutestsandgirl.com/images/misc_images/andy_hospital/NurseKimAndPatient110704.jpg

Kia playing nurse maid:
http://www.cutestsandgirl.com/images/misc_images/andy_hospital/AndrewKia3.jpg

Kia "hiding" under the computer desk (we left Monday night and Kia obviously did not want to go... ;) )
http://www.cutestsandgirl.com/images/misc_images/andy_hospital/ImHidingYouCantSeeMe.jpg

"But mom!! We can't leave Andy!"
http://www.cutestsandgirl.com/images/misc_images/andy_hospital/OneMoreTime.jpg

Jods
11-09-2004, 05:29 PM
I'm sorry to hear hes not feeling up to par yet. I hope he gets better soon I'm sure you and Kia are taking good care of him. You will all be kept in my thoughts.

My Peanuts
11-10-2004, 11:56 AM
I'm sorry I didn't see this until now. I hope Andy is feeling better and my prayers are with him and you.

Kater
11-10-2004, 02:18 PM
Although I haven't posted until now, you and Andy have been in my prayers! He's lucky in at least one respect - no one could ask for a better fur therapist! ;) :D
Lots of prayers for healing coming your way! Thanks for keeping us updated on his condition, Kimmy.

Corinna
11-10-2004, 03:11 PM
Is Andy home yet or still in for the 2nd time? Kia looks very worried about her dad.

Vio&Juni
11-10-2004, 03:32 PM
Andy, get well! We are all thinking about you. Get well, and then put some weight. I know how hard it is to fight any health problem when you are underweight.

ramanth
11-10-2004, 03:52 PM
Is Andy home yet or still in for the 2nd time?
He was only in the hospital from Friday to Saturday.

He was sent home Saturday with the chest tube in and told to come back in Monday.

When he went back Monday, he had the chest tube tested, and he was told he had to keep it in until Thursday.

He's been staying at his parents house because he's not allowed to get out of bed.

His appointment is at 9:45 a.m. and hopefully this time, the chest tube will be ready to be taken out. :)

ramanth
11-11-2004, 08:46 AM
Today is a 'No Bubbles Thursday'!!

Andy's procedure is at 9:45 a.m. today. If there are no bubbles, the tube comes out!

Barbara
11-11-2004, 08:55 AM
That sounds wonderful. Of course with a nurse like Kia:D

Logan
11-11-2004, 10:05 AM
Hope all went/is going well, Kimmy! Keep us posted.

Cinder & Smoke
11-11-2004, 10:38 AM

Today is a 'No Bubbles Thursday'!!

If there are no bubbles, the tube comes out!

We're all prayin for a NO BUBBLES report!!

Any word yet??

Hang In There, Andy!! ;)

ramanth
11-11-2004, 10:41 AM
I wish I had better news.

Andy needs surgery.

There is still a leak. :(

The OR was booked today so he'll either have surgery tomorrow or Saturday.

He's never had surgery before, so he's pretty scared.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-11-2004, 11:32 AM
Oh no. :( Sorry to hear it wasn't better news. However, if the surgery corrects the problem once and for all.....

According to my mom the worst part about surgery is when they put the IV in your arm....

Will be thinking of you and sending prayers that everything goes well.

As for being scared - hell, he's Spider Man! He can overcome anything, can't he? ;)

{{{hugs}}} to both of you. Be strong Andy, it'll be over before you know it!

AmberLee
11-11-2004, 03:22 PM
Prayers continuing for Andy. And little headbumpies and healing purrs from my fur-crew, too.