PDA

View Full Version : My Princess is afraid,of me

catmandu
11-05-2004, 08:29 AM
After she came back,from the Vets,I let her,into the Spare Bedroom,and to my amazement,she was scraed of me,and hissed,at me! My Princess,my Pal,of 13 years,was hiding.And so,i left her,but she was no better,this morning.I know,taht she went through,a lot lately,but I cant figure out,why,my beloved Cat,is now so afraid,and to be honest,it hurts me.Any ideas?PLEASE!

Maresche
11-05-2004, 08:33 AM
Can you bribe her with her favorite treats?

I'm betting her recent vet encounters have left her a bit wary.

catmandu
11-05-2004, 08:49 AM
Not,even the sauce,from The Fettucini Alfredo,can tempt her,and that is one of her favorite things!And somehow,I have to get her,to take her anti biotics!

catmandu
11-05-2004, 09:07 AM
And this,has never happened before,as they were especially glad,to see me,after a Vet visit!

jazzzytina
11-05-2004, 09:11 AM
Oh, Princess, please come around and let your Daddy love you and give you your medicine! :(

I'm sorry she's acting this way, Gary...hopefully it will pass soon.

Sending prayers and good wishes your way...

Tina

Logan
11-05-2004, 09:11 AM
Gary, perhaps she just needs some time to readjust. I imagine her mouth must be sore from the tooth pulling. Let her rest quietly and when she's feeling better, I know she will be right there with you. I have no suggestions about the antibiotics, though.......I HATE to have to give either of my cats medicine.

Logan

kimlovescats
11-05-2004, 09:38 AM
Oh poor Princess and poor you, Gary. :( I agree that maybe just giving her some quiet time and allow her to come around when she is ready will do best. I know you are worried about her not having her medication ... but I don't think a day or two will make a big difference. Good luck, friend!

Kim:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-05-2004, 09:59 AM
I have to agree that just leaving her be quiet and readjusting to being home will do the trick. It must have been extra scarey for her to be at the vets if she can't see that well, so she just has to make sure she's back in familiar territory before she gets back to her old self again.

Unfortunately I think you should force the antibiotics on her - even though that might make her more skittish. But I wouldn't want to risk any kind of infection that would mean another trip back to the vet. If you can, go in with the pill, get it in her and then leave right away and leave her be. Then later, come in nice and quiet, maybe with more of her favorite treats and just sit quietly. I'm sure she'll come around, she's just scared right now.

Laura's Babies
11-05-2004, 10:03 AM
((((Gary)))). I think she is hidding from the PAIN, not you! The pain has her spooked, she dosen't understand why her mouth is hurting.. Are we ALL not grouchy when we are in pain??? I know I am VERY grouchy! It is the pain darling, not you. Just talk to her is reassuring tones and let her know you are there.. I doubt she feels like eating right now with her mouth hurting. Offer her some broth, nothing solid.

catnapper
11-05-2004, 10:47 AM
Not even Temptations? Those usually work on my guys.

Sorry to see she is so upset and hissing. I don't know what else to suggest.