PDA

View Full Version : Starvin Marvin!

christa
11-04-2004, 09:24 PM
I guess I should have said . . . STARVIN JOSIE!

She's gotten into this habit where she BEGS CONSTANTLY for food! She hears us walk into the kitchen & open the fridge, there she is, meowing her head off!

Every morning when my husband gets up and packs his lunch, she's practically yelling at him that she wants some!!!

And now she's begging while I make dinner! And then when we sit down to eat, she's sitting there STARING ME DOWN!!! Constantly rubbing her head & nose on both of us, the whole time we're eating!

I would feel bad if I knew that she was hungry . . .

BUT WE FREE FEED HER!!! She ALWAYS has food & water!!!

Anybody else have a STARVIN MARVIN???

DogLover9501
11-04-2004, 09:36 PM
LOL I have a starvin Emma ;)

christa
11-04-2004, 09:38 PM
I know!!! LOL, I read your thread after I posted mine! Silly kitties!

catnapper
11-04-2004, 09:55 PM
Yes, I have five Starving Marvins... all with bellies that tell another story. :rolleyes:

kimlovescats
11-04-2004, 10:50 PM
Do Starvin Tabitha's count? She cannot be in the kitchen or anywhere while we are eating. She will literally come flying from out of nowhere and DIVE into your food. This morning, hubby said, "Tabitha helped me with my chocolate milk." .... I then looked at his shirt and there were chocolate stains all down the front!:eek: :D

krazyaboutkatz
11-05-2004, 12:00 AM
Yes, my two furkids Cirrus and Sky are bottomless pits.:) I used to free feed but now I can't because of these two.
Sky was a stray so I guess he doesn't realize when his next meal will be. He should by now since I've had him for 1 year and 4 months now.;) Cirrus is a nervous, skiddish cat and is semi-feral so I think he eats because he's upset.:(

Lilith Cherry
11-05-2004, 12:01 AM
I am sure Pearl and Jade think I should set places at the table for them:D Human food is SOOOO much more interesting...lol

christa
11-05-2004, 06:36 AM
Glad to hear that I'm not the only one with a kitty that thinks she's a human!

We started a bad habit, I have to say, in the mornings. My hubby started pinching off some of his turkey breast meat when he makes his sandwich . . . now she's at his feet EVERY morning begging for turkey!

And I SWEAR, she knows the smell of chicken because usually if I'm making any, I'll give her a little bit.

I guess I've created a monster!

Monster with a round little belly!

catmandu
11-05-2004, 08:43 AM
He,may have been hungry,as a Kitten,and Cats,never ever forget,being hungry,no matter,how much you feed them.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-05-2004, 09:42 AM
Tubby used to be the same way when he was younger. He's still a hug beggar, but not quite as bad as he used to be.

When I very very first got him, it was just me and him in the house. I didn't want a beggar for a cat, so I taught him to stay out of the kitchen when I was cooking and eating. It wasn't hard because the kitchen had linoleum floor and the rest was carpet, so the second he stepped on the linoleum I told him "NO! OUT!" and he would immediately take a step back.

Worked well until I moved back in with my parents and "grandma" got a hold of him. :rolleyes: :D

catlover4ever
11-05-2004, 09:44 AM
Oh Yes!!! I have a Starvin Smokey and a Starvin Mystic!!!! Anytime you open the door to the fridge they think it is turkey time!!!! Like they need anymore food.....Smokey is 17 lbs and Mystic is 13 lbs.

lady_zana
11-05-2004, 02:14 PM
My sis does! In fact, that's how he got his name, Oliver, because he always says, "Please, can I have some more?"

catcrazylady
11-06-2004, 06:58 AM
Several of ours gather around waiting for a taste but that darn Rosco thinks he's starving for sure! If you turn your head for a split second he has all four paws in your plate and is growling like a crazed dog if you try to get him out!!! He's nuts for table food!!!:D :D :D