PDA

View Full Version : The Preacher speaks!

Glacier
11-04-2004, 08:47 PM
Tonight for the first time in two weeks, my Preacher Creature spoke! Preacher has a very distinct, deep, loud voice. He booms out a half-bark half-howl sound for many different occasions--he's hungry, he's playing, he's refereeing the other dogs ect. Since he got sick, not a peep has been heard out of him. I never thought I'd miss that racket, but it has been far too quiet around here lately.

Tonight while I was out feeding the dogs, I brought Preacher with me so he could get some fresh air. I haven't been letting him eat raw meat lately, but he got a little chunk tonight. As I was chopping up their meat, I heard the distinctive BAHWOOO that can only come from Preacher. Apparently, he was hungry and I was taking too long! The sound was music to my ears and I did the rest of their dinner routine through happy tears. I will never again tell Preacher to be quiet! He can BAWOOO his fool head off for the rest of his days.

The infection in his ear has dried up and the wound on his leg is healing nicely. He won't come back inside tonight either. He's still outside bawoooing and pacing on his tie-out. (he's blind so he goes on a trolley tieout in the yard so he doesn't hurt himself bonking into something.) I know we are still on borrowed time, but it's so nice to see him being a bit perkier.

anna_66
11-04-2004, 09:08 PM
That's great to hear Glacier. I'm so glad that he is giving you something sweet to listen to;)

Lilith Cherry
11-04-2004, 09:18 PM
Keep it up Preacher... bark so I can hear you in China!:D

manda99
11-05-2004, 01:32 AM
Cheers Preacher! And Smokey sends his Chewbacca AROOWOO to you!

pitc9
11-05-2004, 07:24 AM
Great News!!!
Keep on talking' Preacher!! We all want to hear you!:D

Tonya
11-05-2004, 08:37 AM
Awww, that brings happy tears to my eyes too. I am glad that Preacher still has some spunk in him.

Logan
11-05-2004, 08:55 AM
What wonderful news, Glacier!!!! :)

tatsxxx11
11-05-2004, 12:47 PM
Oh Preacher, you have totally stolen my heart:):):) I cried happy tears for you sweetheart. I hope your Mom will give you a big hug from me:) And my Husky x Cody sends happy AWWWOOOOOO's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D