PDA

View Full Version : Someone pooped in the house... :(

Samantha Puppy
11-04-2004, 04:31 PM
After a horrible day at work (made worse by the fact that I physically felt bad), I just wanted to come home, put on my pajamas, cuddle with my animals, and be babied by my husband. I walk in the door and almost gag - but not from my flipping stomach. No, someone had an accident - actually, make that two - all over the living room rug. I'm not just talking a little squirt here and a little squirt there. Whoever did this (there are three possibilities), must've felt HORRIBLE. It was everywhere.

My problem is, I don't know if it was Samantha or Sushi or Kirin. There was a lot which makes me think maybe it was Samantha... but then again, it could've been one kitty having an issue two separate times today.

Through my gagging and tears, I checked to see if there was any foreign objects in it - grass, toys, ANYTHING that would give me a clue but I couldn't find anything. They all were mouthing off for dinner, so I gave each of them 1/2 as much as they normally get. Samantha wanted to go outside right after she finished but it's raining really hard here and our outside light in the backyard doesn't work so I can't see what she's doing.

I don't know what to do. Do I treat all 3 of them, just in case? If it was Sam, this is the first time she's done anything inside in over two years (since she was being housebroken). What could possibly have made her have this problem today?

I'm really worried, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I hope Karen and Paul don't mind me cross-posting it since I'm not entirely sure if the puppy or kitties were to blame... :(

caseysmom
11-04-2004, 04:40 PM
Every couple of months I come home to that scene. I think casey is very sensitive to table scraps and hubby sneaks her some once in a while. If you get lots of water with about a cup of simple green that cleans it up pretty good. I wouldn't worry too much from one incident.

Samantha Puppy
11-04-2004, 04:46 PM
What is simple green?

The reason I'm a little more worried than normal is that Sam's had LESS table food than she normally does the last two weeks or so. And she's NEVER gone in the house before, even though she's had diarrhea before.

I know to you other dog moms out there, I'm being silly but this is a really new situation for me and I'm scared. (Regardless of if it was Samantha or one of the cats...)

caseysmom
11-04-2004, 04:51 PM
Simple green is a cleaner you can get at costco or target it seems to work really well. I would think with that volume it sounds like a dog. Did anyone get a hold of halloween candy?

Samantha Puppy
11-04-2004, 04:53 PM
No, the halloween candy is in a bowl on the counter that the cats can't even get to. :(

caseysmom
11-04-2004, 04:54 PM
Well I would watch them, push the water so they don't get dehyrated. This sounds gross but I can tell by the smell if its my dog or cat.