PDA

View Full Version : LiveStrong Bands.

CamCamPup33
11-04-2004, 04:22 PM
Does anyone else where one?

For those of you who have lost a love one, or have even battled with it yourself, these (Click website) are lance armstrong bracelets. They read "Live Strong" on them. It's in support of finding a cure to cancer. They have already raised 15+ Million dollars. They're one dollar each, i have one.. :) Here is the website, at the bottom you can order one i believe.

Their is also some for Aids, Breast Cancer, Ovarian Cancer and others.

"Live Strong" (http://www.nike.com/wearyellow/index_f.html)

Here's a picture of mine, in case you can't see it clearly on the website.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/AmberLynn/14.jpg

:)

chrissycat21
11-04-2004, 04:39 PM
I have one.

aly
11-04-2004, 05:27 PM
I have one. I got it at a function that Lance was at. He lives in my town :) Sheryl Crow was there too, hehe. She's been here a lot since they started dating.

dogs_4_me
11-04-2004, 05:34 PM
Everyone I know has one, can you get them in any stores?

CamCamPup33
11-04-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by dogs_4_me
Everyone I know has one, can you get them in any stores?

Nike *MIGHT* sell them, but im not sure. I think you have to order them though, i dont really know.

guineapiglover4ever
11-04-2004, 05:55 PM
my aunt has battled breast cancer
i want one of those braclets they have a really strong meaning

i want to walk in those breast cancer marathons when i am 16'
but that's still 3 more years

guineapiglover4life
11-04-2004, 05:56 PM
I want one.

aly
11-04-2004, 06:03 PM
I think they are on a 3-4 week back order right now.

Here is his site where you can order them:

http://www.laf-store.org/

I heard they come in many other colors now and for other cancers. I'm not sure where you can get those.

guster girl
11-04-2004, 06:24 PM
I wear yellow! :)

Jods
11-04-2004, 06:44 PM
I would like a breast cancer one, but the site is to slow I'll try agaon tomrrow

green_chameleon_girl
11-04-2004, 06:46 PM
I have one!! Im wearing it now!:D

RubyMutt
11-04-2004, 08:17 PM
Yes, I have one.

It has not left my wrist since I got it :)

Aspen and Misty
11-04-2004, 08:20 PM
I don't have one because they mean crap in this town :rolleyes: It angers me SO much too! Some kid bought 100 of them and sold them at $2.00 a piece!! Talk about a rip off!!

Anyway! They are the new fad in Williamsport. EVERYONE has one. Seriously, some people have 6 diffrent ones (some in diffrent colors) just in case one brakes :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I love the meaning behind them, but in this town they are just fashion statments, and it's sad, very sad :( no one sees them as anything but the new thing to wear.

Ash

guster girl
11-04-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
I don't have one because they mean crap in this town :rolleyes: It angers me SO much too! Some kid bought 100 of them and sold them at $2.00 a piece!! Talk about a rip off!!

Anyway! They are the new fad in Williamsport. EVERYONE has one. Seriously, some people have 6 diffrent ones (some in diffrent colors) just in case one brakes :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I love the meaning behind them, but in this town they are just fashion statments, and it's sad, very sad :( no one sees them as anything but the new thing to wear.

Ash

It's become a trend here, too, but, I know why I wear mine. I've never been one to wear or do something because it's trendy. But, I've also never been one to NOT do or wear something because it's trendy. But, it's like I told a couple of my friends who didn't want to wear them: at least buy them or donate if the cause is important to you. You don't have to wear them.

dogs_4_me
11-04-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty

Ash

There a huge fad here as well, I've looked everywhere for one and all the stores are sold out.

RubyMutt
11-04-2004, 11:14 PM
I don't see what's wrong with it becoming a trend or fad :confused:

I see them quite often around here as well, but it always makes me happy.

What's wrong with showing your support for a cure for cancer??? The more the merrier I say! :D

Tonya
11-05-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by RubyMutt

What's wrong with showing your support for a cure for cancer??? The more the merrier I say! :D

There is nothing wrong with it being trendy to me...but I don't like that people are capitalizing on it. They're $15-$50 on EBAY. I hope the extra profit is going right back towards a charity.

I ordered a 10 pack off of the direct website. I'll just wait the 4 weeks.

Tonya
11-05-2004, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by aly
I think they are on a 3-4 week back order right now.

Here is his site where you can order them:

http://www.laf-store.org/

I heard they come in many other colors now and for other cancers. I'm not sure where you can get those.

I would love to have a pink one for breast cancer. If anyone knows where to get other colors, can someone PM me?

lizzielou742
11-05-2004, 09:17 AM
I got ten when they first came out, and passed them out to all my friends. I think it's a great idea.

lizzielou742
11-05-2004, 09:21 AM
Here's a link to the pink ones, Tonya. They benefit the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.

http://www.efastcom.com/Marketplace/control/productdetails?itemId=706-07200

and here's a link to their main site.

http://www.komen.org/

I'll PM this to you too, I just wanted to let everyone know, in case they wanted some! ;)

guster girl
11-05-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by RubyMutt

Except for on closer inspection, you might notice that a lot of them aren't the livestrong bands. That's what's trendy around here. I noticed this one guy's said "baller". Cute, huh? ;)

CamCamPup33
11-05-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by guster girl
Except for on closer inspection, you might notice that a lot of them aren't the livestrong bands. That's what's trendy around here. I noticed this one guy's said "baller". Cute, huh? ;)

Originally the basketball players wore those. They wore them at all the games, they were produced by Nike. These are where the Livestrong bands come from, Nike. :)

As for the trend thing, i think alot of people have them too here. But i think alot of people they have *ACTUAL* meaning to them, you wouldn't imagine how many people's familys/friends has had or has cancer. I think most of it is for support, not a trend. At least here.

chrissycat21
11-05-2004, 04:49 PM
They have become a fad here, too. But the way I see it, the more people who buy them and wear the more money the charity makes.

I think you can get pink braclets for breast cancer at Carson's.

guster girl
11-05-2004, 06:43 PM
I'm all for it being trendy to wear the livestrong bands, that's not what i'm saying at all. But, every time I see someone with a yellow band, I say something to them. And, I would say that more than half the time, they have nothing to do with supporting a cause. I've seen several that say things like "baller", or other slang terms obviously not pertaining to any disease. Heck yes, if it's helping cancer research, then by all means, wear fifty. I'm just saying that not all the bands have the same meaning as mine.