PDA

View Full Version : Pilots4paws

Laura's Babies
11-04-2004, 02:29 PM
I contacted them after Kim posted about them to see what the chances were they could help with Lucky and Louie. Here is the response I got for all of you in his area who may need help sometime.

Greetings fellow animal lovers.
I am writing you because you have requested to join my Pilots4Paws Yahoo Group.
I started this group about a year ago to try and attract more pilots to help with the cause. Unfortunately, I am the only pilot in the group at the moment. I am in Northern NJ. I can help with some transports with my small airplane, but I do have some limitations. I can only fly in good weather, so it is hard to plan for this type of transport too far in advance. I am limited to about a 300 mile radius from Northern NJ. I am also limited to the number of animals I can take on the plane. I can fit one large Vari-kennel in the back seat and one medium one in the luggage compartment. So, the number of animals that can fit in this arrangement is my limit. I am mainly limited to weekends and holidays as I work M-F.
Here are some pictures to give you an idea of what I can do:
http://kcboyle.home.att.net/Oct1803.html
If you have a transport needs that fit within these limitations, please let me know and I will do my best to help. If you are outside of my area, you may want to contact some local flight schools to see if anyone might be interested. Students in their advanced training phases and those going for additional ratings need to do long cross country flights, so perhaps some of these could be combined with a transport. Many flight schools also have flying clubs, and the members of these clubs are always looking for excuses to fly somewhere new and exciting. You can find a list of all the small airports in the US sorted by state at www.airnav.com
Regards,
Kevin

QueenScoopalot
11-04-2004, 03:17 PM
I'm sure they'd appreciate funds for the fuel too. I've seen similar programs where they do require a fee for fuel. ;) He suggested some good ideas to think about too! ;)