PDA

View Full Version : Should I be concerned?

DogLover9501
11-04-2004, 01:46 PM
Emma has thrown up twice in the past week...

She always throws up something that looks like poo :confused:, its about 2-3 inches long, brown and very skinny and she throws up alot of liquid with it. :confused:

I meant to post this after it happened the first time.

Should I be concerned about this?

RedHedd
11-04-2004, 01:56 PM
Sounds like hairballs to me ... that's what they look like. A regular dosing with a hairball remedy should do the trick. Some cats like it (my Mishi); some cats HATE it (my RB Goldie and Mitzi), but it does work.

emily_the_spoiled
11-04-2004, 03:03 PM
That definitely sounds like a hairball (just be careful not to step in them :D ) I usually mix a little hairball malt in with the wet food and it goes down like a charm and I don't have any problems with the. Otherwise ...:rolleyes:

catnapper
11-04-2004, 03:08 PM
Yep, sounds like hairballs. I was worried the first time Pouncer did that too. Allen never ever had a hariball problem, so this was news to me!

I use the Hariball Control Tamptations, and it really helps reduce the amount of hairballs.

DogLover9501
11-04-2004, 03:50 PM
Thanks all.

Tigger has NEVER did this either, that's why it was new to me.

I'll definatly pick up something for hairballs!

Thanks again

moosmom
11-04-2004, 04:02 PM
Most likely it's a hairball. The have a strange similarity to a poo only they don't stink.

The best way to tell the difference is to smell it. :eek: Yeah, yeah, I know...EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

DogLover9501
11-04-2004, 06:46 PM
My mom went to the grocery store but couldn't find any Hairball controll temptations.

Where would I get the other stuff for hairballs?

catfamily
11-04-2004, 06:52 PM
www.healthypets.com
We use this for ordering a lot and their great and fast delivery.
The hair ball remedy we use is catlax

catfamily
11-04-2004, 06:56 PM
I'm sorry.That site has" Hairball Preperation."
I think I got "Catlax" at :
www.upco.com which is an excellent site for ordering too.

DogLover9501
11-04-2004, 08:30 PM
They are probably far away from me :eek:

dukedogsmom
11-04-2004, 09:05 PM
Nothing like stepping in a cold hairball barefooted.

catfamily
11-05-2004, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by DogLover9501
They are probably far away from me :eek:
They may deliver right to your home.Check and see.www.upco.com has the BEST and cheapest cat beds.And of course hairball remedies.I'm not sure if they go out of the Country but maybe.

jazzzytina
11-05-2004, 06:23 AM
There are also some hairball cat foods too. Pep used to throw up things like that all the time. Definitely hairballs.

Craftlady
11-05-2004, 06:36 AM
Cat Lax I get from our vet.
Most big grocery stores carry the hairball treats. (Krogers, WalMart, IGA)
PetSmart, Petco are another resource.

QueenScoopalot
11-05-2004, 08:20 AM
A small amount of plain Vaseline does the same thing. When I coat my chapped and hurting hands in the Winter with the stuff, the cats always lick it off...adding a wee bit more pain with those sandpaper tongues! :rolleyes: If you rub a small glob up a front leg, they lick it off quickly. Heaven forbid those glorious fur coats get anything on them LOL! :D

catmandu
11-05-2004, 08:25 AM
That,is a hairball,and a bit,of grooming,and a Good Hairball Formula Cat Food,should do the trick.

catfamily
11-05-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
A small amount of plain Vaseline does the same thing. When I coat my chapped and hurting hands in the Winter with the stuff, the cats always lick it off...adding a wee bit more pain with those sandpaper tongues! :rolleyes: If you rub a small glob up a front leg, they lick it off quickly. Heaven forbid those glorious fur coats get anything on them LOL! :D
Great info for my cats Jan..Thanks.Now I remember I did that for KiKi when he was a young and he'd hop around with the vaseline on the top part of front paw as if he had a broken leg.LOL.He always had hairballs.I forgot about vaseline.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-05-2004, 09:31 AM
Yes, plain old Vaseline does the trick too. Also, brushing her on a regular basis will help because then the hair ends up in the brush (and all over you) instead of in her tummy.

DogLover9501
11-05-2004, 11:00 AM
Thanks everyone.

Also do you mean letting her eat the Vaseline? :eek:

catfamily
11-05-2004, 11:54 AM
Yes just licking it off his fur will help the hair go down easier.I heard that you should only do a little.Too much vaseline may do harm.So just rub it in his fur where his front paw is or front leg where he can clean it off with his tounge.Don't put a glob of it on.

lady_zana
11-05-2004, 02:12 PM
Emma's beautiful with her long coat. Be sure to brush her everyday if possible. I have to do that with my Weezie because of her long hair. Weezie didn't like to be brushed at first so I started slowly, just brushing on side or just down her back. Now she doesn't mind it.