PDA

View Full Version : Good News from Iraq

Lady's Human
11-04-2004, 01:26 PM
I just thought I would post this link to show people there IS good news coming out of Iraq.

http://www.goodnewsiraq.com/index2.htm

ramanth
11-04-2004, 01:46 PM
Yay! :) Nice to know there is news.

RICHARD
11-04-2004, 02:06 PM
I just read the first story in the "Iraqi civilians" section.

What a great story. Of course you won't hear or read about a story like that in the regular media.

I got choked up when I read the line about Lt. Col. Raheem
wanting to tell every Iraqi about his love for America.

It's too bad that we can't see anything but the "big picture".
-------------------------------------------------------

I always am in awe of the stories I have heard about people looking for American soldiers who stopped to assist them years, even decades ago.

Years from now I expect to see some young Iraqi adult tell a story about how soldiers came to their school, passed out backpacks, and changed their life...

Virtual Pencils, Real Kids.

Thank you for posting the link.

Thank you for reminding me to be thankful.

Thank you for serving our country.

:)

christa
11-05-2004, 11:34 PM
Thank you for the link!

Few people know that there is "good news" coming out of Iraq because of the good ole media.

I'm going to forward this link to everyone I know . . . this news needs to reach more people.

Cincy'sMom
11-06-2004, 08:22 AM
Last week, a local talk show host had two gentlemen from Iraq on his program. One had been in the US for 3 weeks, the other 4 weeks.
Both spoke so highly of the American soldiers, and how they have freed Iraq. By their estimation 90% of the Iraqi people were thankfully and grateful to America for their freedom. They stated that they have been shocked by the media here and the negative outlook they have on the war in Iraq. They said that while there are some bad areas, like Falleju (Sp?) they majority of Iraqis better off then it has been...they go to work, go to school...things they have never been able to do before.

It was a refreshing opinion to hear.

mugsy
11-06-2004, 09:48 AM
Excellent site!! Thanks!! I know that there are great things going on in Iraq, I just wish the elite media would pull their heads out and start reporting it.

It's really refreshing to get the good news!

Come on Pet Talkers!! Read the GOOD NEWS!

Corinna
11-06-2004, 10:57 AM
We need more of this stuff in the general media. What a great site.

trayi52
11-06-2004, 11:07 AM
Great site! Love hearing good news over bad news any day!

Willie:)