PDA

View Full Version : Argh--What can I do about this??

DogLover9501
11-04-2004, 01:02 PM
I *need* to do something about Emma's begging for food.

I usually eat in my room and she jumps up on the desk when Im eating and is right in my mouth and I keep putting her down and she keeps comming right back, and this always results in either cold food or a big mess.

I also have no idea how Im suposed to stop her from doing this but it's getting very hard to enjoy a meal.

Any suggestions?

Maresche
11-04-2004, 01:03 PM
I'd put her in another room with her own food and close the door until you were done eating, a bathroom would suffice.

Craftlady
11-04-2004, 01:06 PM
Squirt bottle filled with water. Spray her and say "no" when she comes up on the table. Kitties hate to get wet.
OR
Keep putting her down off the desk saying "down" each time she jumps up. This may get tiring but soon she will learn not to jump up.

OR
Put her in her kennel while your eating.

DogLover9501
11-04-2004, 01:47 PM

I don't know why I didn't even think about putting her into another room LOL :o

Lacey
11-04-2004, 02:07 PM
I have to second the squirt bottle idea. :D Mowg knows the squirt bottle so well that if i point my finger at him like a gun and go "Psssst!" he takes off running.

Or you could take the easy way out and put her in another room. :p ;)

Cosmicat
11-04-2004, 06:31 PM
I have a problem with Simba doing the very same thing. I use the squirt bottle filled with water, that works.

LOL ..... that's funny Lacey.... I do that with Simba. He thinks it's the squit gun when I do that and make a squiting sound at the sametime. It's too funny!

christa
11-04-2004, 09:27 PM
LOLOLOL

I just posted a new thread about my BEGGING JOSIE!!!

Glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem!

Silly cats! They think they're human!!!