PDA

View Full Version : Guitar lessons?

slleipnir
11-03-2004, 07:56 PM
I REALLY want to learn how to play the guitar...so I'm thinking about lessons. I'm already booked with school, flyball and photography though...I can't read music either so I'd be really nervous. I'd love to play the eletric one. I know some of you ppl play..is it hard?

shutterbug0303
11-03-2004, 08:28 PM
not at all...I taught myself! ;) I do have a pretty strong background in music though. If you pick up a guitar and a tuner...and flip around on the internet (or get a book or movie), you'll be playing in no time! :D I still have trouble with some of the more difficult chords....but its still a work in progress. One side-note....you will have calussed finger and NO FINGERNAILS....hehe....makes holding the strings tricky with them! Good luck on your pursuits!! :D Sounds like a full schedule to me!

BCBlondie
11-03-2004, 08:45 PM
It is MUCH harder than it looks!!! It takes lots and lots of practice (and patience!), but after a while you get the hang of it. I'm STILL learning! :)
I think electric guitars are easier to play than classical and acoustic.. (at least they are for me!)

Good luck!! The guitar is a great choice of instrument! :D

Like what shutterbug said, your fingers will have calluses! It hurts for a bit when you first start playing the guitar, but when the calluses start to build up it shouldn't hurt anymore. It's also important to keep your fingernails (at least on your left hand... if you're playing a right-handed guitar) cut so that it's easier to play the guitar! (Playing guitar with really long nails is nearly impossible!... I have a friend who tried that..:rolleyes: and she ended up cutting her nails haha!)