PDA

View Full Version : School

Jamieejo85
11-03-2004, 11:32 AM
I don't know why I posting this. I guess I just need to let this all out and there is no one I can really talk to. So here it goes. Last semester was my first semester at college. I did not want to go to college right after high school but families can be rather persuasive so I went. To make a long story short, I dropped out. Then i took a summer class which I did well in. Well i was placed on financial probabtion this semester because of what happened the first semester which means I cannot receive any financial aid until I get my GPA up. I have a meeting with my advisor today to sign up for next semester classes and I am REALLY worried!! I have already quit two of my classes and the other two, I am not doing too well in basically because I rarely go. It isn't that I can't do well, it is just that when it comes to school, I am LAZY. I do want to do well and try a lot harder next semester but I fear my advisor saying that I can't come back next semester. But I don't really see how that can happen because I paid for my classes this semester which I will do next semester also if I cannot receive financial aid. All in all, I am scared to go and really have considered not going. But I am going to go and just see what happens..... Please, I didn't post this to get judged, I just wanted to let this all out..thanks.

BCBlondie
11-03-2004, 11:46 AM
Sorry you're having a tough time with college! It sure isn't easy. I'm only taking three classes this semester and I'm not doing too good in one of them! Anyways, I wish you luck during your meeting with the advisor. :) I'm sure things will turn out all right for you - just hang in there, and at least TRY to get your school work done! Think about how good it would feel to get an A or close to it on your next test. :D

*hugs* Good luck!

emily_the_spoiled
11-03-2004, 02:22 PM
Before making anyy decisions I would definitely recommend going to see your advisor. That is what they are there for ... to provide you with advice. They have been around the system alot longer than you have and they know the "in's and out's" of how things work. Go and talk with them and be honest about everything, then they might be able to help you.

Good luck

CathyBogart
11-03-2004, 02:42 PM
You know what I've learned...If you need some time off you need some time off. My family has been putting pressure on me since I graduated too....I went, I did poorly. I took a break, came back, and made the Dean's list! Sadly, I may need another break soon, for financial reasons as well as lack of motivation.

Will it take me longer to get through school? Certainly! However, I'm doing it at my own pace and on my own time, and I'm happy with it.

emily_the_spoiled
11-03-2004, 03:04 PM
I went back to university three times before I finally said "enough". It takes alot of energy, money, and motivation to make it through and there were plenty of times I was ready to throw the towel in.

But talk with your advisor see what they have to say. Maybe taking a semester off might not be such a bad thing. At least then you could work and save some money up for when you go back.

Jamieejo85
11-03-2004, 03:25 PM
Well I had a long talk with my advisor. We figured out that I wasn't interested in the classes I was taking. I was in the nursing program to try and make my family happy but that isn't what I want to do with my life. I know I would be making good money but I want to do something that makes me happy. I want to go back to my original plan of becoming a spanish teacher because that is what I really want to do. So I signed up for classes that pertain to teaching and I think that I am going to be doing much better next semester...Thank you all for all of your comments!
~Jamie

cookieluver7
11-03-2004, 03:36 PM
I'm sorry:( . Keep trying hard and push yourself to do extra work. (This sounds kind of corny but here goes) You can do anything when you try and tell yourself that you can. If you say you can't, then you can't, but if you tell yourself you can, then you can. Good luck.

CathyBogart
11-03-2004, 03:40 PM
Good for you!! I figured out recently that I was only taking Bio major classes because that was what everyone had always assumed I would do. I love animals, but the more I WORK with them the more I don't want to. So it looks like I'm changing my major to anthropology, and it's been a BIG relief. Good luck in becoming a spanish teacher!

emily_the_spoiled
11-04-2004, 08:01 AM
I am very happy that you decided to keep the appointment with your advisor. Nursing can be a great job, but after having working in healthcare for too many years to tell you, nursing is a "calling". You can't do it for the money or because someone else wants you to do it.

I think you made the right decision. There is plenty of demand for Spanish teachers, since Hispanics are now the largest minority in the US. Good luck and I hope you enjoy these classes more
:)

guineapiglover4ever
11-04-2004, 10:10 AM
srry maybe you should take a break and when you are all eady you should go back to school

my sis didnt want to go to college so she joined the navy she graduates today!!!!!
:) :)
thisnk about going into the service

guineapiglover4ever
11-04-2004, 10:13 AM
ohh yah and you get paid there too
includes board college meals the works think about it
it shaped my sister up
her growlllllll
now her i love you i miss you