PDA

View Full Version : Meka is a Roach Killer!!

cruisetime
11-03-2004, 11:26 AM
Our Meka was going nuts last night and my hubby was looking and sure enough a large tree roach had come in from outside (here in Houston Texas with the rain and cold front they try hard to get inside) and Meka was hot on it's tail. She was swatting at it - dug it out of a plastic bag it had gotten in and one bite! It was a dead roach!!!! hahaha I LOVE Meka! I absolutely DO NOT like roaches so this was great! She had been playing all night long - sometimes I think she is more a kitten than a 2-1/2 year old and this was a lot of fun for her - live toy! :) :) Debbie

kimlovescats
11-03-2004, 11:28 AM
I HATE ROACHES!!!!!!!!!! You go, Meka!!! ;)

catnapper
11-03-2004, 12:21 PM
Great Job Meka! Who says she doesn't earn her treats? ;)

I get grossed out and at the same time I'm relieved to see the cats attack and kill a bug. It saves me from squishing them.

Laura's Babies
11-03-2004, 12:44 PM
Those things drive mine NUTS!! We have them too in Louisiana and every now and then, they will get inside. Thank goodness, the kitties think they are here for their amusement!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-03-2004, 01:24 PM
Way to go Meka! When I had my apartment in Chicago, the person who lived next door to me moved out (3 years I lived there and never once saw the guy :rolleyes: ) and they exterminated his apartment. Well.....needless to say, for the next few days after that T & P had a field day and every morning I would wake up to the dreaded carcass. I, personally, never saw one so I would never have known they were there except for my great hunter and huntress. :D

cruisetime
11-03-2004, 03:20 PM
We were joking before we got Meka that hubby grew up with a poodle that would kill the occasional roach that would come in through the chimney. If I had known cats did this I would have gotten one much sooner!!!! :) haha I do NOT like roaches and the occasional one that gets in usually dies from whatever has been sprayed in the house years ago - not spraying now since got cat and hadn't sprayed in years. BUT I still had to squish it if I saw it before the poison took hold - YUK! She was much more effective and that was the first time I got any entertainment out of a roach! hahahahaha :) My little roach killer - she has a home for life!!!! :) Debbie

Sara luvs her Tinky
11-03-2004, 03:22 PM
Yucky.... go Meka.

T and J always just play the creepy crawlies to death... but eat the flyers... ewwwww :eek:

QueenScoopalot
11-03-2004, 04:19 PM
Bugs don't stand much of a chance here either LOL! But I do get totally grossed out when they find a centipede (or whatever those things with zillions of legs are) and catch that. They bring the creature into the kitchen, and shred it all over the floor. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: The legs KEEP WIGGLING!!! BLECK!!! Now I want to vomit LOL! Atta girl Meka the great bug huntress! :D

cruisetime
11-04-2004, 08:53 AM
OK - I hope I do not get any of those centipede things - that would gross me out!!!! And I love birds too much. When we feed them she will get up by the window and watch and watch and from playing with her she likes to jump at things that are like flying so I'll keep her away from the birds! That would not be a good thing with me - a dead bird - so roaches and insects only for her - like I have much say! :) :) Debbie

catmandu
11-04-2004, 08:57 AM
Meka,is a hero,as I hate Roaches,and The Found Cats,areMy Exterminators!