PDA

View Full Version : Bad News And Good News

lizbud
11-03-2004, 11:21 AM
First the bad.:( It's been raining here for three straight days
and my beige living room rug has muddy stains all over it. The whole house has stuffings from EVERY stuffed toy scattered
everywhere. I pick it all up in the evenings, but next day, it's the
same story all over again. I hate it when Maggie & Smokey can't
run off their energy outside. :( It hasn't rained yet today (yet)
so I let the pups outside & maggie came back in later with a huge
brown stain all down her left side & back end. She evidently fell
in some poop while they were wrestling out in the yard.:eek:

Good news: Maggie's baby canine teeth finally fell out.:) She
was facing an possible trip to the Vets to get them out early
since they were turning her gums a grey/black color. Smokey
continues to do well & he and Maggie are the very best of buds. :)

Cookiebaker
11-03-2004, 11:25 AM
Awww Liz, what a great update!! It's so good to hear that Smokey & Maggie are best of friends. That's wonderful, and made my day. :)

pitc9
11-03-2004, 11:27 AM
Ewwwwwwwwe!!!!
I'm sure Maggie had a bath today then huh?!?
Nothing worse than a stinky dog!!!:p

But mom... they were just having fun!!!

Glad to hear her teeth fell out on their own!!:D

ramanth
11-03-2004, 12:58 PM
Good to hear they are friends! :D

Stinky muddy dogs?! :eek: :eek: Bath time! :D

Sudilar
11-03-2004, 01:11 PM
Sounds like a match made in heaven!!!

I think we are going to put in Pergo to avoid the mud problems here. I have multicolor carpeting and it held up very well for a long time, but now it is time for change. Pergo and throw rugs will probably be the way we go.

Oooppsss, a little slip in the poop!!! As everyone said, "It's bathtime!!!" Such fun you'll have!

Cincy'sMom
11-03-2004, 04:08 PM
When the bad is sufferable, and the good is great, you just have to enjoy!! Glad they are friends!

lizbud
11-03-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
When the bad is sufferable, and the good is great, you just have to enjoy!! Glad they are friends!

OH, you are so right about that.:D

Sorry for my little rant, but I was feeling pretty down today
anyway & when I looked around the house AGAIN, then Maggie
came in with poop all over her, ARGGG****:mad:

Both Smokey & Maggie are clean ,fed & sleeping right now. :)
I really have been blessed to have my kitties (who all get along)
and two poochies who really like each other.:D

Cincy'sMom
11-03-2004, 10:13 PM
I totally understand!! With three big dogs, and little grass in the backyard, we ALWAYS have dirty floors!! Ralph even complains about sleeping in a "sandbox", since the first place the dogs like tohead when they come in, is to our bed!!

Logan
11-03-2004, 10:18 PM
You have my sympathy (about the carpet), Liz. Just tonight, I was talking with Scott on the phone (he's out of town), and I told him I had decided "to heck with the carpet". I moved the gate late last week in order to have Murphy be closer to me while she was having so much trouble and all 4 of them have LOVED being closer. Yes, I'm sacrificing the hallway and the bedroom carpet, but you know what? It's worth it! Stanley Steemer can work wonders on carpet cleaning every so often and I have decided that it is ok to pay them to come periodically and have our dogs closer to us more often. Murphy hasn't had a bad barking episode in days. That makes me so happy! :) And what was Scott going to say when he knew that I was smiling! ;)

cloverfdx
11-04-2004, 06:26 AM
That is great news about Smokey and Maggie getting along well :D. I bet you had fun washing them after their little wrestle ;).