PDA

View Full Version : The Kerry Team did the right thing

jazzzytina
11-03-2004, 11:18 AM
From CNN:

A Kerry adviser said the campaign had concluded that the too-close-to-call battleground state of Ohio was not going to come through for the Democrats.

The adviser said there was no way to gain votes on Bush without an "exhaustive fight," something that would have "further divided this country."

endquote

The Kerry Team did the right thing by not further dividing the country. He is a good man, which is why I voted for him.

May God bless America and help us to end our divisiveness and bring peace to our country and the world.

Peace,
Tina

Samantha Puppy
11-03-2004, 11:23 AM
I don't like Kerry, his policies and views, etc. and did not vote for him, BUT I *do* admire him for not putting us through what Gore did 4 years ago. He is absolutely right in saying that this country is, by far, too divided and not making it moreso in his own interest.

Good fight, boys.

ramanth
11-03-2004, 11:24 AM
Agreed.

christa
11-03-2004, 11:25 AM
I agree . . . it was very gracious of him. I do respect him for not dragging this out for weeks.

Surprised?

;)

RedHedd
11-03-2004, 11:30 AM
Yes, he did the right thing.

And may Heaven Help Us through four more years of that idiot dry drunk in the Whitehouse!:mad: :o God knows we're going to need all the heavenly help we can get!

tatsxxx11
11-03-2004, 11:35 AM
Classy move; agreed!:). They both put up a good fight!

Cincy'sMom
11-03-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
I don't like Kerry, his policies and views, etc. and did not vote for him, BUT I *do* admire him for not putting us through what Gore did 4 years ago. He is absolutely right in saying that this country is, by far, too divided and not making it moreso in his own interest.

Good fight, boys.

That's what I thought too

micki76
11-03-2004, 12:00 PM
Agreed. Good move on his part. I do respect him a bit more for this decision. :)

Logan
11-03-2004, 12:20 PM
And may Heaven Help Us through four more years of that idiot dry drunk in the Whitehouse! God knows we're going to need all the heavenly help we can get!

I think that is a totally unnecessary response in a very civil thread. :(

Samantha Puppy
11-03-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Logan
I think that is a totally unnecessary response in a very civil thread. :( I agree with that.

I have to admit, I'm having a good time civilly debating with those whose views are different than my own today and I'm happy to say that no conversation I've been a part of has turned ugly. Until that comment, that is.

jazzzytina
11-03-2004, 12:25 PM
Well, I love Mitzi & Mishi and it's ok. :)

lizzielou742
11-03-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by RedHedd

And may Heaven Help Us through four more years of that idiot dry drunk in the Whitehouse!:mad: :o God knows we're going to need all the heavenly help we can get!

I agree with you, RedHedd. :)

Logan
11-03-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by lizzielou742
I agree with you, RedHedd. :)

Well, then "ditto" to you, too, Lizzielou! That is a totally unnecessary response to this thread. :(

jazzzytina
11-03-2004, 01:30 PM
Enough already. I love Mitzi & Mishi. Peace all around.

Pam
11-03-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by RedHedd

The man you supported has a lot more grace than you do. His concession speech was very thoughtfully worded. Your statement was extremely rude in a thread that was polite. I will personally have a hard time forgetting the rudeness at Pet Talk during this election. It went way overboard and I have been saddened by the hatred here. :(

PJ's Mom
11-03-2004, 03:25 PM
I don't like the thought of Bush being in office for 4 more years any more than some of the rest here, but that was a bit harsh. :eek:

CathyBogart
11-03-2004, 03:28 PM
Yeesh, we had at least one thread where things were staying civil and it's really too bad that it was ruined so quickly. That was a really inappropriate statement for this thread.

lizzielou742
11-03-2004, 03:49 PM
Why was it so inappropriate? It's how I'm feeling today. It's my opinion. I have a right to express it. I fail to see how it's inappropriate. I stand by my support of the statement.

Heaven help us!

jazzzytina
11-03-2004, 03:52 PM
Let's lay off Lizzielou and Mitzi & Mishi. What they expressed were opinions. It really should be that big of a deal. Remember, we're trying to heal divisiveness that we've all had to suffer through for the past year.

jazzzytina
11-03-2004, 03:53 PM
I mean, it really SHOULDN'T be that big of a deal - sorry for the typo.

lizzielou742
11-03-2004, 03:58 PM
Exactly. It's an opinion. Besides, my idea of heaven probably is very different from a lot of other people's, considering I don't believe in god or religion or any of that.

anna_66
11-03-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by jazzzytina
The Kerry Team did the right thing by not further dividing the country. He is a good man, which is why I voted for him.

My sentiments exactly.

RubyMutt
11-04-2004, 12:33 AM
Thank you for posting that, Tina. When I first heard of Kerry's concession this morning I was rather disappointed. I soon came to respect his decision. I'm still incredibly disappointed he lost the election, but there's nothing that can be done about that now.

I truly hope America can become more united before the next election.

veegan
11-04-2004, 03:15 AM
yes, good point. I was very disappointed when I found out too, but like many of you said, it was the sensible thing to do and spared us all of dragging things on for weeks.

"I truly hope America can become more united before the next election."

me too.