PDA

View Full Version : Does your dog have a strange food or drink that they LOVE?

greysandmoregreys
11-03-2004, 11:03 AM
My Augie just LOVES coffee!! I mean LOVES IT!! Every morning I make myself several cups of coffee. Augie is at my side the whole time. If I make a mistake and leave my coffee on the coffee table Augie has his nose in it within 2 sec flat!!

I sit outside sometimes and just enjoy the weather with my coffee and there's Augie trying to push my hand out of the way so he can get the coffee.

So what crazy thing dogs you dog/dogs just love!!!

Here's a picture of Augie with his favorite drink

greysandmoregreys
11-03-2004, 11:04 AM
here's one more of Augie after his/mine morning coffee :)

Glacier
11-03-2004, 11:06 AM
My bridge baby Hoodoo loved beer. he would beg for a little sip everytime he saw someone drinking one. He could even tell the difference between pop cans and beer cans. he never begged for pop!

Earle adores strawberries and melons. I always thought that was a little odd for a dog.

I also have a freak dog who HATES peanut butter! Never met a dog before who didn't love that stuff, but Hobo won't touch it!

DogLover9501
11-03-2004, 11:06 AM
Our 3 love TEA! They are exactly the same way with my moms tea!

Jasper also loves lots of other strange things, as he'll eat anything :rolleyes: :p

Miranda_Rae
11-03-2004, 11:11 AM
Heidi LOVES popcorn. :p I don't know about drinks, because she doesn't get a lot of human foods because I worry that they might be bad for her. I worry WAY too much. :o

manda99
11-03-2004, 11:17 AM
No peanut butter?!:eek:
Are you sure Hobo is really a dog?! :p heh.

My Smokey loves pretty much everything.

Fox-Gal
11-03-2004, 11:23 AM
Monkey biscuits, Tuffy and Cannilla both love Monkey biscuits that I get for my Iguana's. They don't care if it's just the water they soaked in are the whole thing, but when it comes time to feed the Iggy's............those two are always around........hoping and begging.

Oh and Tuffy like Mountain Dew (green). :eek: Don't let a Dew spill or sit around in his reach or it will be gone.

rotten_two
11-03-2004, 11:35 AM
gaia used to try to sneak a sip of my tea and i read that both coffee and tea are bad for dogs.

please check out these links that explain some of the dangers.

coffee and tea (http://www.petalia.com.au/Templates/StoryTemplate_Process.cfm?specie=Dogs&story_no=257#ct-7)

check here too (http://www.starbreezes.com/11/foodsafe.html)

maybe you are not giving them enuff to cause concern but it's just something to think about.

DogLover9501
11-03-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Glacier
I also have a freak dog who HATES peanut butter! Never met a dog before who didn't love that stuff, but Hobo won't touch it!

Piddle & Wiggles both hate peanut butter too ;)

LorraineO
11-03-2004, 12:05 PM
Had NO idea Apple core pips were bad,,,, Guess we wont give Lucy anymore,, Same with potatos peelings...... mind you,, I dont use green ones at all....

Miranda_Rae
11-03-2004, 12:12 PM
We have 4 apple trees outside, and sometimes Heidi will take and apple and eat it, and we also steals our potatos. :rolleyes: I had no idea that they were bad for her! :o Sometimes when she would eat too many apples she would barf. :( I try to make sure that she doesn't eat any though, apples and potatos.

LorraineO
11-03-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Miranda_Rae
We have 4 apple trees outside, and sometimes Heidi will take and apple and eat it, and we also steals our potatos. :rolleyes: I had no idea that they were bad for her! :o Sometimes when she would eat too many apples she would barf. :( I try to make sure that she doesn't eat any though, apples and potatos.

GREEN potatoes are not good,,, but regular potatoes are fine.... but as with everything,, in moderation!!!

My Peanuts
11-03-2004, 01:34 PM
Harley doesn't beg for almost anything. We can eat hamburgers, steak, whatever around him and he's fine. The only two things he begs for and loves are bread and ice cubes. :D

Sylvia is a Pug, so she loves anything edible and some things that are not :p

KYS
11-03-2004, 07:00 PM
Not sure if it is strange,
but my dogs love pizza, french fries, ice-cream and popcorn.

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-03-2004, 07:04 PM
Tango LOVES Beer! no noe in my house drinks but I went to my uncles house to visit and he had a bottle of beer and set it on the ground when he finished it and Tango was trying to get a few last drops of it:D Now when ever she see's a beer bottle she gets really excited:rolleyes::)

wolf_Q
11-03-2004, 07:48 PM
Nebo likes pickles. I dropped a piece once and he gobbled it up. I don't give them to him often at all (and he's only had tiny pieces) as I'm sure the high salt content is bad...I just find it funny that he likes pickles. Every other dog I've seen has spit them right out.

Actually Nebo likes everything, I don't think I've ever had him turn down food.

Lady's Human
11-04-2004, 04:24 AM
Lady will eat anything I do, but she loves Pomegranite seeds, also likes altoids.

Lilith Cherry
11-04-2004, 08:11 AM
Chaos loves raw carrots and Sam loves grapes ( yes i know and dont give him more than an occassional one)

K9soul
11-04-2004, 04:21 PM
Tasha is VERY curious about everything and she will try to slip a taste of coffee or beer or wine if anything is left in reach. If I accidently spill a few drops of coffee she will run over and lick it clean off the floor. Both will try pretty much anything handed to them. They loved garden goodies like carrots, peas, and green beans. Tasha even tried to eat a jalapeno pepper that David accidently dropped on the deck, but we took it away from her before she got much of it.

My RB Willie used to shred and eat paper if he found a piece laying on the floor.