11-03-2004, 02:47 AM
UGH.click (usabreeders.com)

See for yourself.:(

CathyBogart
11-03-2004, 03:02 AM
So sad, I couldn't read much of it. :(

DJFyrewolf36
11-03-2004, 01:01 PM
And they wonder why they are being harrassed...

Retards :rolleyes:

heinz57_79
11-04-2004, 02:42 PM
http://www.usabreeders.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=27754&mode=full

That's the kid who People did an article on. cuddlypuppy.com or something. He's all butt-hurt cuz people are harrassing him. :rolleyes:

aly
11-04-2004, 02:46 PM
That is the SADDEST thing ever. Omg :(

That guy that posted saying he's the cuddlypuppy guy, do you think its really him or someone messing around? I would like to send him a message if it is really him (don't worry, a nice, educational one!).

heinz57_79
11-04-2004, 03:25 PM
i think it's probably him.. he sounds really young

animal_rescue
11-04-2004, 04:36 PM
here's the reason why that site exist...

http://www.usabreeders.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=18&topic_id=1&mesg_id=1&page=:rolleyes:

DJFyrewolf36
11-04-2004, 04:48 PM
Not ALL breeders are bad people...I just wish they would help out with the overpopulation problem a little more

Sigh...

I went to cuddlypuppy, and really without looking at the facility I couldnt tell you if they were really being abusive. The site wasn't that impressive though. It did irrtate me that the dogs seemed to be refered to as property, and not as the living beings they are.

aly
11-04-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
It did irrtate me that the dogs seemed to be refered to as property, and not as the living beings they are.

That is enough evidence for me.

And did you SEE how many different breeds they have. That spells puppy mill right there. A responsible breeder has vast knowledge of the breed he/she is breeding and does it for the betterment of the breed, NOT FOR PROFIT. Do you really think he researched ALL of those breeds fully? Do you think he is doing it for betterment of the breed when he is selling mixed dogs like Cockapoos??

THIS IS DISGUSTING:

Special Hybrid Puppies For Sale
Miniature Rotties , Shih-Malts, Havapoos, Maltipoos, Puggles Etc.

Please email us if your are looking for something special.

(sorry if I sound like I'm yelling at you. I'm not. I'm just incredibly disgusted at that whole thing and I hate puppy mills with a passion)

DJFyrewolf36
11-04-2004, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I found that to be highly unusual too. Mixed breeding without researching into the lines of both parents can bring out some really horrible genetic disorders.

Ive been reading the forum. Im looking at the Why the site exists thread. Its filled with stories of almost terrorist-esque escipades by animal rights people. This one lady had a husband and a child with a terminal illness and was breeding dogs as a way to have a job while not having to leave home. It sounded as if she focused on three breeds, and sounded really responsible. She said a couple came over and was "interested" in a puppy. Later, she found out they filed a report on her that was almost in its entrity false. It sounded like it came right from PETA. I don't condone puppy mills, I think they are disgusting and cruel places but I also don't condone seeking out breeders and filing false abuse reports on them. If the abuse is real, it should be stopped. If a breeder is doing good, and is making sure all of his or her dogs are healthy and they go to good homes, I don't see why people feel that they have the right to terrorise them.

Someone posted a thread in Cat General about a couple of women who had over 100 cats. The vet found out and called the police, without even seeing the home! Turns out all the cats were healthy and clean and had a wonderful home.

Sigh, as usual, the correct answer lies in the middle.

Oh and I don't think you were yelling at me, I think you made some very valid points!

DJFyrewolf36
11-04-2004, 05:18 PM
This seems interesting: Breeder Inspection (http://www.angelfire.com/gundam/usdabreeder/index.html)

Sometimes I think this is the case. People need to do some hefty investigating on BOTH sides!

aly
11-04-2004, 05:24 PM
This seems interesting: Breeder Inspection (http://www.angelfire.com/gundam/usdabreeder/index.html)

Sometimes I think this is the case. People need to do some hefty investigating on BOTH sides!

I dont know. I am taking that site with a LARGE grain of salt.

I'm not against responsible breeders at all. But it seems like it is always the irresponsible ones who are whining about how unfairly they are treated.

I'm not sure if you were on this forum yet, but we had an old member who was a breeder. Hmm, I think her name was Dixieland Dancer. She bred Golden Retrievers. She was incredibly responsible, had very few litters (not several at one time like those commercial breeders), knew a lot about behavior, and had a wonderful screening process. I respect her and although I'd never breed myself, I am so glad I met her and learned about the good breeders that are out there.

DJFyrewolf36
11-04-2004, 05:36 PM
Im not saying that the particular instance is true, but after some researching on the USDA rules, those are violations an inspector can levy if they were being an @$$ about things. Its just like cops who write people tickets for no reason...abuse of power happens. I think that inapropriate actions by breeders and animal rights activists have turned this more into a war than a quest to eliminate the original problem. Now people are too busy pissing at each other to come up with a solution that works.

I hate people. I think I'll go cuddle with my cat :)

Although, I am enjoying this discusion with you :D

LW_Aussies4me
11-04-2004, 05:55 PM
Some things on the site are definitely wrong!!!!!!!
But I'd would like to say not all breeders are bad.
We (meaning my family) show/raise/train Miniature Poodles; we have a litter once every 3-6 years. We breed only when we are looking for a puppy to keep for ourselves (usually to show); and we don't do repeat breedings until after the puppies from the first litter have grown up and have had all genetic testing done. If something crops up for some reason we don't want it to happen again.
What I'm trying to say is that just because someone breeds dogs doesn't make them a bad person and even if there are puppy millers on that site doesn't mean that everyone who visits and/or posts there is a puppy mill. I myself have never been to one of those forums before but I do know other reputable breeders who have and try to educate those breeding "just cuz".
As with everything it's always the bad ones that give everyone else a bad name.
Edited to remove a lot of rambling.

aly
11-04-2004, 05:59 PM
Im not saying that the particular instance is true, but after some researching on the USDA rules, those are violations an inspector can levy if they were being an @$$ about things. Its just like cops who write people tickets for no reason...abuse of power happens. I think that inapropriate actions by breeders and animal rights activists have turned this more into a war than a quest to eliminate the original problem. Now people are too busy pissing at each other to come up with a solution that works.

I hate people. I think I'll go cuddle with my cat :)

Although, I am enjoying this discusion with you :D

I do see what you are saying now :)

I tend to be naive sometimes about the wrongdoings in this world. I automatically assume people have the best intentions, when that is not always true. It took me a long time to swallow the "bad cop" thing because I just didn't think there really could be bad ones! It is very sad.

LW_Aussies4me - This is totally unrelated to the topic of the thread, but I'd love to see pictures of your mini's!! I have a mini Poo myself and love him to death.

Miranda_Rae
11-04-2004, 06:06 PM
"Our puppies sell extremely fast so it is very important to place a deposit if you are really interested."

Oh yes, I am sure that because you don't check out who the puppies are going to. :rolleyes:

I do have a question though....have can you have MINITURE Rotties? :confused: That totally confuses me.

I mean anyone who has a website with LOTS of puppies for sales couldn't possibly be a ligitimate breeder. Sure there are kennels that have weibsites, etc, but this is like a STORE!! I mean a ligitimate breeder would NOT sell crossed puppies at all!

Ugg....puppy mills disgust me! :mad:

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-04-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Miranda_Rae
I do have a question though....have can you have MINITURE Rotties? :confused: That totally confuses me.

You can't! All they are is VERY poorly bred Rottweilers (probably not even purebred):mad::( puppy mills say these things just to make the dog sound rare so people will pay more money for them!

aly
11-04-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Orangutango
You can't! All they are is VERY poorly bred Rottweilers (probably not even purebred):mad::( puppy mills say these things just to make the dog sound rare so people will pay more money for them!

I bet they breed them with MinPins or Chihuahuas... *shudder* who knows :(

Giselle
11-05-2004, 12:50 AM
Supposedly, they breed a Miniature Pinscher and a Pekingese to create a Miniature Rottweiler, which is faulty in many ways, but I won't start on that. What pisses my off the most is that anybody can ask for breeding dogs and somebody will provide it regardless of your experience/financial situation. For instance, there was somebody who was opening a pet shop and was looking for Poodle mixes and Toy dog breeds. Several members offered their dogs and one even claimed they usually sell through a broker. As I'm sure you all know, brokers and pet shops are the worse possible places to find a dog. So, this is why I have referred to usabreeders.com as a forum for puppy millers.